PDA

View Full Version : Squabble and move?

Nuada
03-03-2009, 19:48
If an O&G unit squabbles can they still be moved by the Waaagh spell? (or hand of gork)

Personally I'd say yes, but i'm just checking i'm not ripping off my opponent

Neckutter
03-03-2009, 19:59
what does it say under "squabble"? the exact wording will tell you.

Fire Harte
03-03-2009, 19:59
Hey Waylan-- I mean Nuada ;)

--

As you know I say: If you squabble you are not allowed to do anything with the squabbling unit thus resulting in the unit being unaffected by the WAAAGH!!! move. That's how it has boiled down with the other people I game with and not just my own conclusion.

Nuada
03-03-2009, 20:02
Hey Fire Harte :)

Ok Neckutter, this is the relevant quote......

Under squabble it says "...throws the unit into disorder and it can do nothing this turn..."

Under the Waaagh! spell it says "...Each unbroken friendly unit immediately moves 2d6"..."

I always read it that an unbroken unit means a unit that isn't fleeing. If a unit is squabbling i didn't think they count as broken, or do they?

Urgat
03-03-2009, 21:29
My reading is that they move when Waaagh is casted on them.
The wording for squabble is rather silly, if you take that litterally, that'd mean they couldn't fight back either if charged, and wouldn't flee if they lost a fight and failed their Ld check (that they shouldn't roll in the first place since they shouldn't do anything, right?).
They don't do anything when the waaagh is cast, they're made to do something, I'd say, just like for the (silly) exemples I gave above.

Nurgling Chieftain
03-03-2009, 21:38
The wording for squabble is rather silly, if you take that litterally, that'd mean they couldn't fight back either if charged, and wouldn't flee if they lost a fight and failed their Ld check (that they shouldn't roll in the first place since they shouldn't do anything, right?).That doesn't make any sense. I think you're misunderstanding the use of the word "turn". It means "player turn", not "your turn and your opponent's turn". It's pretty hard to get charged in your own turn - and if they were charged as part of a pursuit move and so "counted as" being charged in their own turn, they wouldn't have had to make an animosity roll in the first place.

Necromancy Black
03-03-2009, 21:48
They don't count as broken, but they're not allowed to be affected by spell as it's already been said that they can not do anything this turn.

Braad
03-03-2009, 23:01
That doesn't make any sense. I think you're misunderstanding the use of the word "turn". It means "player turn", not "your turn and your opponent's turn". It's pretty hard to get charged in your own turn - and if they were charged as part of a pursuit move and so "counted as" being charged in their own turn, they wouldn't have had to make an animosity roll in the first place.

Well, actually not a bad thought of Urgat.
What if I take Azhag, cast a spell, and suffer a miscast. Then I roll the effect that my opponent can cast a spell, and he chooses a movement spell. Then that unit moves into a unit of me that just squabbled. Is that unit not allowed to fight back, nor make any flee or whatever moves? So it is possible.

Nurgling Chieftain
04-03-2009, 00:28
I didn't say it was impossible. It's just pretty well off the beaten path - enough that an RaI argument based on the fact that if it extended into the next turn they'd've HAD to say something about what happens doesn't apply.

Nuada
04-03-2009, 08:31
nor make any flee or whatever moves?

Yes that's true, i never thought of that. By RAW a unit that squabbles isn't allowed to flee or be broken in combat, which is obviously not true. Wording wise I would say that they are moved forward, since the unit isn't doing anything, its the spell that is forcing them to move. They can still be compelled to move (flee, or spell)
This particular spell, which is only available to a race that can squabble, makes no exception of troops that are squabbling.

Braad
04-03-2009, 14:38
I say the same. The unit itself cannot do anything according to the squabble rule, but it does not mention what happens with external effects, like spells and enemies. So I assume these have effect as normal.

Neckutter
04-03-2009, 18:56
Hey Fire Harte :)

Ok Neckutter, this is the relevant quote......

Under squabble it says "...throws the unit into disorder and it can do nothing this turn..."

Under the Waaagh! spell it says "...Each unbroken friendly unit immediately moves 2d6"..."

I always read it that an unbroken unit means a unit that isn't fleeing. If a unit is squabbling i didn't think they count as broken, or do they?

i was being a smartass. :)
i think the "can do nothing this turn" is a good indicator of what it can do that turn.

Brother Drakist
04-03-2009, 19:03
I always played it that the Hand of Gork, or WAAGH spell still moves the unit. Squabbling means that the unit can't do anything that turn, however it's the spell moving the unit.

Nuada
04-03-2009, 19:35
I always played it that the Hand of Gork, or WAAGH spell still moves the unit. Squabbling means that the unit can't do anything that turn, however it's the spell moving the unit.

Yes me too, i've posted the same question on 3 other sites. They all say you can move with a spell as well

Braad
04-03-2009, 22:22
Well, I can already tell that there will be people saying you can, and those that say you can't. For the first group, their arguments are flawless, for the other, its theirs that cannot be denied, no matter if this discussion ends right now or goes on for 23 pages...
FAQ?

Asmodiseus
05-03-2009, 05:52
Heres another wrench to throw in to the "They cant do anything period" group. What if you roll for animositiy, fail it, then have to take a terror test for a terror causer within 6" and fail it?

Neckutter
05-03-2009, 06:05
let me rephrase myself:
"they cant do anything voluntarily that turn"

again, this isnt an issue, unless you opponent disagrees, then youre gonna haveta 4+ it anyways.

Nuada
05-03-2009, 06:34
Exactly, that's what the Waagh move is. It's an involuntary movement towards the nearest enemy unit within LoS. You have no control of direction (it's either directly forward or the closest enemy), and even if you don't want to charge, you have to.

For example....If an orc chariot can see an archer at the edge of a forest, the chariot has to move into the forest and take d6str6 hits, you have no control over it.

So they aren't doing anything of their own free will (or voluntary)that turn

Neckutter
05-03-2009, 06:41
yep, and since there is no FAQ speaking of this then the players will have to agree on a solution or 4+ it.