PDA

View Full Version : DE 2250 pts Magic/Bolt line

koningswulf
04-03-2009, 01:07
Hi
I decided after reading all the DE army list I wanted to do something different without the Pendant, Ring of Hotek and ASF Black Guard and 2 Hydras so this is what I came up with.
It is not the best army but it should be fun to play.
Not sure if it is to unfriendly with all this shooting?!

The tactic is easy use magic and shoot all that come close in a black rain of bolts.
Those that gets through use the warrior + assassin + hydra to stop dead in it tracks.
Use the Scout shade unit+ assassin, the harpies and dark riders to misdirect, harass and marsch block.
The Cloak of Twilight on scout assassin is for fun and maybe a nice unexpected charge on a clueless victim.

You guys tell me what you think in regard of balance, playability and fun.
Any improvments or thoughts regarding the build as well would be nice.

Dark Elf Army Bolt Line 2250pts

Sorceress lv4 (with 1st Shade)
Life taker (bolt str4 x3, hit on 2+ )
Seal of Ghrond
Staff of Sorcery

Sorceress lv2 (with 2nd Shade)
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll

Assassin (with 3rd Shade) (Scouts)
Xwp
Rune of Khaine
Cloak of Twilight
Rendering Stars

Assassin (with Warriors)
Xwp
Rune of Khaine
Hand of Khaine
Touch of Death

26 Dark Elf Warrior + Shields
FC + Banner of Murder

5 Harpys

5 Harpys

10 Dark Elf RCB

5 Dark Riders + RCB

5 Dark Riders + RCB

8 1st Shades (normal deployment)

8 2nd Shades (normal deployment)

5 3rd Shades + Gw (scouts)

1 War Hydra
2 Handlers

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower

Dragon Prince of Caledor
04-03-2009, 11:48
I think its a good list for what it is supposed to do. Just hope that everything is completely stone cold dead by the time it gets to you otherwise... I would love to see a lion chariot run through this list (granted it isnt blown up ;) )
Good luck

koningswulf
04-03-2009, 12:24
he he yes those lion chariots are dead evil!

But if it would come through I would hope the Warrior unit + assassin and the War Hydra should be able to deal with it.

I am not that worried over chariot tho since they cant march move and are
easily misdirected by harpys or dark riders.
No what put must fear in me is fliers that can fly over all my blocking units especially a dragon that also causes terror.
Hopefully the concentrated shooting, magic and hydra breath are able to deal with them. Must shooting are 360 since they are skirmisher.

Appreciate the comments.

Any ideas or thought on how to improve this army?
Thankfull for any input

garythewargamer
04-03-2009, 13:53
this looks like a very good list designed to do what you want it to do. I can think of a few armies that might give you a really hard time or a good game. LM, with their big monsters; WoC with a big block of knights getting into combat quickly; and empire with several cannon attempting to blow you away. But against others you should do okay. Undead would be busy raising to use any offensive spells against you, hopefully. Bretonnias would just be charging into a hail of arrows. Dwarfts unless they have lots of artillery would be dead by the time they got there. Other elves going the same probably would give you a run for your money. Without the ring Teclis might be trouble or WE with an all cav and shooting army.

I think it would be fun to play. Keep us informed.

cyberspite
04-03-2009, 17:43
its a good list that would work really well against a lot of armies but personally I prefer your other (combat) list which is similar to my own, you might end up playing the same game over and over with this one

koningswulf
05-03-2009, 00:49
Thanks Allfor your inputs much appreciated. :cool:

its a good list that would work really well against a lot of armies but personally I prefer your other (combat) list which is similar to my own, you might end up playing the same game over and over with this one

Yes well the combat army I made is far better than this I think.
But that army is made to be as hard I could make it.
Took a look at your army cyberspite you had made some unlegal moves there but otherwise ok, I posted them in your thread.

This one is more friendly with just 1 hydra and no dragon :)
Still its fun to play albeit a bit low in melee.

I find it rather balanced I could go more in magic but I have found that those pesky miscast make magic somewhat unsure so I rather have a good magic thats not over the top..
magic is good when it works tho but I rather not put all eggs in it.

Any suggestions on how to improve this list or change it somewhat to make it better? I find it somewhat lacking in melee.

All thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated;)