PDA

View Full Version : What Chaos Force Should i build.......

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 02:29
Well i am stuck between the two chaos choices......Good old Marines or Pure Daemons of Chaos.....So far the marines look to be more playable Since i want to do slaanesh based army, how ever at a gw auction i picked up a bunch of demons, so in all honesty does anyone have advice to which army will be better in events? (Remember i want to go pure slaanesh, except for 1 squad of khorne beserkers...) Also the following is what i picked up at the event

Skull Taker
Fiend of Slaanesh
Beast of Nurgle
Soul Grinder (Doubles as a Defilier)
10 Demonettes
8 Khorne Beserkers

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 04:22
Anyone? sooner i can some feed back sooner i can start painting @_@

Kalec
04-03-2009, 04:26
Pure slaanesh?

Daemons, just because your slaaneshi options with the CSM book are limited to two good ones and a bunch of filler.

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 05:01
Pure slaanesh?

Daemons, just because your slaaneshi options with the CSM book are limited to two good ones and a bunch of filler.

But dont daemons just get...killed? i mean armor 5.....

dal9ll
04-03-2009, 05:12
You dont have to build your force towards a certain God. Feel free to go in absolutely any direction. At some point, youre going to need another Soul Grinder (because running a lone SG is asking for it to get blown up). Also youll need some Bloodletters to keep Skulltaker company. And if you plan on using Daemonettes, get some more. Theyre best in unit sizes of 15-20. More Fiends would be great too, considering only one is a little wierd, and theyre one of the best units in the Codex when used properly.

Good luck!

Hell's Angel
04-03-2009, 05:32
I used to play a "Pure Thousand Sons List" with 5th Edition they took away my abilty to Daemon Bomb with Flamers of Tzeentch, and made my awesome Possessed Dreadnaughts with correscatring Warp Flame obsolete... Now I have a mixed god list in order to be competitive. Who knows if they will release a god specific Codex, and make armies "Themed" again. Keep in mind that with Daemons of Chaos, you are competely at the mercy of deepstriking units, and that kind of army can be frustrating. I have played 2 different people who play Daemons and have slaughtered them quite badly simply because the units they wanted were not coming on the board... I hate that.

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 05:38
You dont have to build your force towards a certain God. Feel free to go in absolutely any direction. At some point, youre going to need another Soul Grinder (because running a lone SG is asking for it to get blown up). Also youll need some Bloodletters to keep Skulltaker company. And if you plan on using Daemonettes, get some more. Theyre best in unit sizes of 15-20. More Fiends would be great too, considering only one is a little wierd, and theyre one of the best units in the Codex when used properly.

Good luck!

Thing is i WANT slaanesh! yet like other people have said Daemons seem to never win a game! lol. i could do a mixed daemon army but what i want is to just crush the local cheese masters! So Chaos Marines might work better.

Warforger
04-03-2009, 06:41
But dont daemons just get...killed? i mean armor 5.....

Read there rules dude, most of the saves you see are invulnerable saves.

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 07:51
Read there rules dude, most of the saves you see are invulnerable saves.

Ya i know, i was posting well watching hockey not a smart idea. But so far pure demons looks more interesting from a slaanesh stand point and lots cheaper money wise.

Earthbeard
04-03-2009, 08:47
Judging from the models you've bought a pure daemon army is probably better anyway.

Don't foget you can use "count" as modelling to good effect and make things of appearence of slaanesh but rules for other deamons, a lot of people do this for themed armies and it looks great.

Brucopeloso
04-03-2009, 09:33
Well i am stuck between the two chaos choices......Good old Marines or Pure Daemons of Chaos.....So far the marines look to be more playable Since i want to do slaanesh based army, how ever at a gw auction i picked up a bunch of demons, so in all honesty does anyone have advice to which army will be better in events? (Remember i want to go pure slaanesh, except for 1 squad of khorne beserkers...) Also the following is what i picked up at the event

Skull Taker
Fiend of Slaanesh
Beast of Nurgle
Soul Grinder (Doubles as a Defilier)
10 Demonettes
8 Khorne Beserkers

Ok first of all you have to paint your army and play with it so the soundest advice is go for what you really like!

Monogod daemon armies can be a bit tricky and have a steep learning curve while chaos marines tend to be a bit more forgiving. Also monogod chaos marines have access to vehicles and a more varied selection of models.

As a monogod Slaanesh daemon player you are limited to
1) Keeper of secret
2) Masque
3) Herald
4) Demonettes
5) Fiends
6) Seekers (hard to find and pricey)
7) Daemon princes
8) Soulgrinders

While as a monogod Slaneesh CSM you have the following options:
1) Chaos lord/sorcerer (please, pretty please don't use the lash!)
2) Greater daemon
3) Daemon prince (please, pretty please don't use the lash!)
4) Marines with the mark of Slaanesh
5) Noisemarines
6) Summoned lesser daemons (you can use your daemonettes)
7) Terminators with the mark of Slaanesh
8) Chosen with the mark of Slaanesh
9) Possessed
10) Raptors with the mark of Slaanesh
11) Bikers with the mark of Slaanesh
12) Dreadnoughts
13) Predators
14) Land riders
15) Vindicators
16) Defilers

Amdga
04-03-2009, 16:03
i like deamons alot but ive never played in a tornament with them

Johnnyfrej
04-03-2009, 16:33
Daemons do not always get slaughtered, it is circumstantial.
For instance, a few weeks back I played my mech Guard verse a monoslaan Daemons army. I got butchered. Sure with the one turn of shooting I killed maybe half the squad of Daemonettes and Seekers when the DS'd but the next turn I got slaughtered. Now maybe if I was playing an Ork horde I may have done better but like I said it all depends.

A Noise Marine/Emperor's Children army is very possible to do in C:CSM. The question is whether you want to be cheesy and have 2 lashprinces is the only real question. I don't have my book on me or I'd write a basic 1kish list for ya. Perhaps later.

Vedar
04-03-2009, 18:20
I would say if you are going to play deamons or a mono-god Chaos you are not looking to be a power gamer and don't expect to win 90% of your games.

Daemons are just too random to "plan" ahead most of the time. I win quite a few battles with my daemons but I play a mixed list. If you play mono-slaanesh you will need to take A TON of deamonettes. Expect most of them to die. My friend that plays that way takes 3-4 maxed sqauds of Deamonettes, 2 squads of seekers, a keeper and a deamon prince.

noise marines can be good but they are quite pricey and I find work best when more scary targets are on the board like a rhino full of zerkers coming strait at you.

I find Noise marines without sonic weapons a waste. Unless you fight marines in CC all the time it is not worth it and cheaper to take an Icon. Mixed sonic weapons limit your shooting and or assualting. If you rapid fire bolters you can't change and If you move bolters are only short range. I keep my noise marines on the move quite often and still get 20 shots at 24" then charge if something gets to close.

One fun noise marine move is move the Rhino full of noise marines up 12" and pop smoke semi close to an enemy unit. Next turn jump out of the rhino move 6" shoot 20 shots then charge the target at I5. It makes marine players cry.

If you put zerkers in your list it will not be a mono god army, so you might as well do whatever you want.

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 20:30
Well i was thinking of Converting the Zerk's into looking like psychopathic Slaanesh Worshipers. On the up side i came up with a Slaanesh list already for both army's how ever so far the Csm list seems way more deadly.

Havarel
04-03-2009, 20:37
My CSM were Emperor's Children under the old codex, loved everything about them. But I quickly got bored of having a mono-slaaneshi list in this new codex, not nearly as varied or fun with sticking to one list so I've spent a lot of time writing my own background and justifying how I can run literally everything in the codex. Fulgrim is a great book to take story points from. For example, I use zerkers/IoK as marines who have kept taking combat drugs, making them just brutal in combat. Plague Marines/IoN are marines who've had genetic 'enhancements'; think Fabius Bile experiments gone wrong. And so on. There was a thread a while back where we did the same thing with some Iron Warriors for someone, giving fluff reasons for counts-as.

Count Vlad Von Carstein
04-03-2009, 21:08
Ya i was thinking that to how ever now i look at the DoC army list they can be pretty damn deadly and much cheaper to buy then csm! Not to mention slaanesh\khorne mix's are rather interesting. If i DO go with demons im looking at a list like this

Hq's-350
=====
Keeper of Secrets-210
Unholy Might

Skull Taker-140

Troops-870
=====
15 Daemonettes-235
Chaos Icon

15 Daemonettes-235
Chaos Icon

10 Bloodletters-160

15 Bloodletters-265
Chaos Icon

Heavy Support-505
===========
Soul Grinder-160
Phlegm

Soul Grinder-160
Phlegm

Demon Prince-185
Demonic Flight
Iron Hide
Mark of Slaanesh
Aura of Acquiecence

As for if i go Csm Somthing like this.

Hq's-310
-----------
Demon Prince-155
Wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Demon Prince-155
Wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Troops-1020
--------
10 Noise Marines-250
Sonic Blasters

10 Noise Marines-250
Sonic Blasters

10 Chaos Marines-210
icon of Chaos Glory
Champion
Power Fist
MeltaGun x2

8 Khorne Beserkers-285
Champ
Meltabombs
Power Weapon
3 Plasma Pistols

2 Rhino's-70

Heavy Support-375
-----------------------
Defilier-150
3 Obliterator-225

So in short what do you guys think looks more annoying to kill?