PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

Mercer
04-03-2009, 12:21
I have two marine armies, Ultramarines & Imperial Fists. I've gone off Ultramarines after doing my IF army project and realising that the new space marine codex is mostly devoted to Ultramarines. So I had enough of the glory goody two shoe blue boys and I was thinking of cannibalising them into another breed of blue boys, Crimson Fists !

My Ultramarine army isn't the best any way and has some spare models and others already in use for the crimson fists. Also I could still keep the Ultramarines just in a smaller force, perhaps about 1,500 points inc Marneus Calgar.

So here's the possible Crimson Fists list:

HQ

petro kantor

Elites

10 x Sternguard inc rhino - sgt with relic blade

10 x marines inc rhino - heavy bolter & flamer - sgt with power weapon

10 x marines inc rhino - rocket launcher & flamer - sgt with power weapon

10 x vanguard inc rhino - sgt with relic blade

1 x land raider crusader

1 x predator - autocannon turret heavy bolter sponsons

I can rob one tact squad from the UM's and purchase another. The Vanguard I already have jump pack-less assault squad which could be used. I have a spare land raider, can just count as crusader and also a predator. The list isn't meant to be discussed here, but is mainly against ork armies to keep in CF background.

So should I start another marine project and have a smaller goody goody boys in blue force with chief Calgar? That way I can make the left over UM force from the 1st company :)

Count de Monet
04-03-2009, 13:19
If you don't mind having three marine armies, go for it. When you need to for larger games, mix & match joint forces. :)

Arbas
04-03-2009, 13:53
I thought the various Fist chapters were all straight Codex chapters ...

pookie
04-03-2009, 14:37
I thought the various Fist chapters were all straight Codex chapters ...

the IF and CF are, the BT are not.

Mercer, go the hole hog mate, join the Sons of Dorn and go CF all the way!

Mercer
04-03-2009, 16:58
Thing is if I do Crimson Fists and have a smaller Ultramarine force they will be alike, Veterans.

I think once I've got the Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists done I'II most likely do it :)

Hicks
04-03-2009, 17:48
Imperial Fists, Ultramarines and to an extent Iron Warriors, how about trying to trade one of those power armored force for something entirely different instead?

Mercer
05-03-2009, 13:13
Well I have orks and necrons already and they are the only xeno scum I like ;)

pookie
05-03-2009, 13:27
Well I have orks and necrons already and they are the only xeno scum I like ;)

Hicks probably meant IG.

Mercer
05-03-2009, 14:15
More than likely :P