PDA

View Full Version : newb question, im sorry

Gharof von Carstein
04-03-2009, 12:48
tried the search option but i cant really find it. if i charge a shooting unit with 2 units can it stand and shoot against both??

melgorth
04-03-2009, 13:10
No it can only choose to shoot at one of the units if IIRC:)

Gharof von Carstein
04-03-2009, 13:16
thing is i dont have the rulebook with me and basically here is the thing.

i charge a unit of flamers with my wraiths and black knights with general, both are outside half charge range so flamers can use stand and shoot. thing is this seems like the only sure fire way to destroy them as according to my reasoning one of the two units should hit it without a scratch. either it shoots the wraiths to bits (although it will get -2 to hit roll, skirmishers and stand and shoot reaction) and my black knights and general hit it or it shoots the black knights to bits, my general should survive as its non targetable and should be able to continue the charge along with the wraiths.

is this correct???

Braad
04-03-2009, 14:35
Yes. On a multiple charge, a stand&shooting target may only direct their shots to a single charging unit/model, and it needs line of sight to that target. All chargers must be outside the 1/2 charge range. If a single charger is within half of its range, no shots may be fired at all.

stripsteak
04-03-2009, 14:37
"stand shoot" page 19 first paragraph "troops can shoot at one of the charging units"

tinytim84
09-03-2009, 04:40
im glad i read this hard a guy stand and shoot a 3 units at once the other day

garythewargamer
09-03-2009, 15:43
I guess this is one good way to get rid of those flamers. Thinks for the information.

selone
09-03-2009, 15:50
Also remember if one of the units is within half its charge range the charged unit can not shoot against either unit.