PDA

View Full Version : wounding and characters

woodulikeanother
04-03-2009, 19:23
ok so on pg 31 of the rulebook it says that you can only be wounded as many times as you have on your profile, for ex a cannonball runs over 3 ogres and has d6 wounds on each model, so say for a total of 7 wounds the first ogre took 2 wounds, the second ogre took 2 as well, and the 3rd ogre took 6, but since the 3rd ogre only has 3 on its profile the other 3 are discarded. ok so how does this work for characters and regeneration models? because if you can only be wounded as many times as your profile say you get 5 wounds from a cannon ball, do you actually only take 3 wounds and then have to try and save those 3 with your ward save or regen. if you have one? or do you take 5 and try to save all of them if possible from a ward save or regen since there is no armour saveing throw from a cannon? it doesnt seem to clear to me in the rulebook, the way i am interpreting it is that say a troll gets hit by a cannon ball and you roll a 6 for d6 wounds, you would discard 3 and only roll to wound for 3 of them?

also another question, about magical equiment, on pg 121 for magic armour it says that you may only wear one magical helm, shield or armour and other magic armor, even though it may be an enchanted item? , like crown of the dead for ex. is an enchanted item, so i cant have crown of dead and the enchanted shield? even though only one is under magic armour and one is under enchanted items?, or i couldnt wear the flayed hauberk and crown of the damned?

i have always played it that if its under magical armour you can only wear one, and one enchanted and such, but like for VC you could have a combo of an armour and a helm or the crown because they are under sperate magical categories is this right?

MalusCalibur
04-03-2009, 19:37
If a Cannon, or similar multi-wound attack, strikes you then you suffer all the Wounds inflicted, regardless of how many you have on your profile, or remaining. If the attack allows armour saves (which a Cannon does not), you would then roll the same number of saves as wounds you suffered. If you failed those, you would move on to wards and regen, if you had them.

For example, say a 3 Wound character got hit by a cannonball, and the firing player rolled 5 for the D6 Wounds. The character would get no armour save against these and so would be killed outright (he only has 3 Wounds to lose, so he has lost all of them-the extra 2 will not count for anything).
Now, lets assume that the same character has a magic item granting him a 4+ Ward save. The Cannon has inflicted five Wounds so the character must roll his Ward five times. If he for example rolls a 2, 3, 5, 5, and 6, he will save 3 of the Wounds, but suffer the remaining 2, and have 1 left. However, if he fails 3 or more out of those 5 saves, he will be killed, and any additional Wounds will not count for anything.
Regeneration saves work in the same way as Wards, but come sequentially afterwards, and a character can have both a Ward save and Regeneration.

Hope that helps.

MalusCalibur

nosferatu1001
04-03-2009, 19:44
Cannons and other such items multiply unsaved wounds

As in - you take 1 wounding hit from a cannon; if you fail it this is then multiplied into D3/D6 etc. If you have regeneration you save against the first wound; remember regen is now a save, like ward and armour.

woodulikeanother
04-03-2009, 19:45
ok thanks, thats how i have always played it but i re-read the entire rulebook the otherday and found this and was a little confused

woodulikeanother
04-03-2009, 19:49
oh ok so if i fail my 1 wound say i have a 4+ ward, it then becomes D6 and say you rolled 4 so i would take 4 wounds not 1, and i cannot try to save those other 3 that were added by the D6 because i already failed the 1 that caused the additional 3 right?

woodulikeanother
04-03-2009, 19:51
i have been playing it that you roll to wound and if you wound you then roll a D6 from cannon and then you try and save how ever many you rolled for D6 wounds, but now i think i understand it i missed the Unsaved turns into D3 or D6 thanks alot

MalusCalibur
04-03-2009, 20:23
Cannons and other such items multiply unsaved wounds

As in - you take 1 wounding hit from a cannon; if you fail it this is then multiplied into D3/D6 etc. If you have regeneration you save against the first wound; remember regen is now a save, like ward and armour.

*Slaps head* Of course. Honestly, I have no idea why I typed out my entire paragraph before remembering that!

MalusCalibur

Modaavi
04-03-2009, 20:31
Only magic items listed in magic armour are treated as magic armour, items listed as helms, crowns, or whatever that are listed in other sections, such as the Crown of the Damned and the Helm of Commandment are not armour and can be combined with a magic armour.

woodulikeanother
05-03-2009, 02:34
ok good, just wondered if i was playing it right, sometimes you just have to read and re read the rules over and over slowly to understand them completely haha