PDA

View Full Version : 2,000pts Peasant Horde

stonehorse
05-03-2009, 00:05
Bretonnian Lord, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Confidence, Birth Sword of Carcassonne, Armour of Agilulf. Total 216pts.

Paladin, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Army Battle Standard, Sword of Might, Gromil Great Helm. Total 124pts.

Damsel of the Lady, Extra Level. Total 105pts.

Damsel of the Lady, Total 70pts.

Damsel of the Lady, Total 70pts.

8 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standard Bearer, War Banner. Total 242pts.

25 Men at Arms, Full Command. Total 152pts.

16 Peasant Bowmen, Villein, Brazier. Total 106pts

16 Peasant Bowmen, Villein, Brazier. Total 106pts

16 Peasant Bowmen, Brazier, Skirmishers. 122pts

3 Pegasus Knights, Musician, Standard Bearer. Total 195pts.

Field Trebuchet. Total 90pts.

Field Trebuchet. Total 90pts.

Grand Total 1992pts.

The Lord and Paladin join the Knights of the Realm, who hang back for a few turns and wait for the unwashed masses to maul the enemy a bit, before they ride out to smash through the slightly weakened army.

The Pegasus Knights are there to hunt down Warmachines/Wizards outside units/fast Cav.

Not designed to win, but to have fun. I'm half way through collecting this, just need two more Box sets to finish it off. any thoughts?

sniperjolly
05-03-2009, 00:11
oh my, it looks like an empire army!

CasaHouse
05-03-2009, 00:12
Your Paladin can only take a combined 50 points between his magic gear and his virtue unless you give him a magic banner. Then he can take any banner and one virtue worth up to 50 points.

-Casa

stonehorse
05-03-2009, 00:15
@sniperjolly, Peasants are quite cheap and can get the job done... looking forward to seeing people's faces when they see it deployed.

@CasaHouse... Can't believe I forgot that! I'll edit it.

CasaHouse
05-03-2009, 00:17
On the upshot, that's 6 men-at-arms worth of oversight... lol.

-Casa

Edit: Or two Men-At-Arms and a Yeoman Craftsman for each Trebuchet!

stonehorse
05-03-2009, 00:22
I was tempted, but I've now managed to add in a third Damsel of the Lady.

CasaHouse
05-03-2009, 00:28
Ah. That's worth it then. If you ever free 25 points I recommend the Prayer Icon of Quenelles. Nothing ruins someone's day like their biggest, gribbliest monster bouncing off a unit of peasants. I love that item.

-Casa

Commissar Vaughn
05-03-2009, 00:36
what does the icon do for peasants? they dont get the blessing anyway, they aint got the knights virtue. ruby goblet might be handy for taking the edge off big gribblies but that about it...

CasaHouse
05-03-2009, 00:44
The Icon instantly gives the unit the Damsel is with the blessing, it doesn't say Peasants can't get it.

It actually got FAQed that the item does work on peasants, because the lady isn't snooty enough to shaft a Damsel because she's standing with some peasants...

-Casa

P.S. Here's the FAQ

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1540045_Bretonnia_FAQ_2008-05_Edition.pdf

mR_RoTTenTReaTs
05-03-2009, 03:21
I love the idea behind this list. It almost seems more realistic with the peasants defending their homeland with the help of a regiment of the lord's knights. Awesome.

Can't really help with the tactics, cuz I don't know Bretonnia that well, but good luck.

Vostroyan
05-03-2009, 04:52
It looks like a goblin army to me in a sense. This is because you are trying to involve a horde of guys in a knight army. For this i do not beilieve it would work as a more powerful close combat dwarf army could possibly win in my opionion. But you would have a better time taking a horde army on like gobbos or empire evenly

Stuffburger
05-03-2009, 14:25
I think you'd be better off upgrading all the damsels to level 2- level ones are generally useless offensively and three is too many to just be defensive. Either that or replace 1 or 2 of them with paladins, shrink the kotr unit a bit and have an all character fronted death unit.