PDA

View Full Version : At last, a non cheesed Vampire list!

XXL
04-03-2009, 23:23
Here it is, great for friendly home games and stuff:

Mannfred – 475 = 595
-Barded Nightmare -20
-Skull Staff -65
-Book of Arkhan -35

Vamp – 100 = 308
-Dark Acolyte -30
-Nightmare -8
-BSB –Drankenhoof

Vamp – 100 =208
-Dark Acolyte -30
-Nigthmare -8
-Hand of Dust -50

Vamp – 100 =208
-Dark Acolyte -30
-Nightmare -8
-Skabscrath -30
-The Cursed Book -20

1 * 6 BK (barding + standard, Strigos Banner +35) = 219 here goes all the vamps (unit only costs 1319p, cheeap!)

2 * 10 Fell Bats 400p

1* 5 Blood Knights (Command, no champ) 305

3 * 20 Zomboz / 3 * 10 sk/gh = 240

2250 p and 16 points or so to much...

What do you guys think, anything not working? Going this against my 15 years old sons O&G this weekend!

*posted it on another thread 2 but wanted to c what everyone thought*

Spirit
04-03-2009, 23:41
My god where to start.

You call

a: special charcaters
+
b: a death star
+
c: the cheesehoff banner
+
d: blood knights
+
e: minimum core (10%)
+
f: massive skirmish units that stop your frenzy unit from being unweildy and stop most shooting casualties
+
g, h, i: all the reasons everyone else will come up with

NOT CHEESY?

No im sorry, this list is about as cheesy as it gets, i hope the title was sarcastic.

Edit: Id actually be very curious to see what constitutes cheesey in your book, please tell me!

XXL
04-03-2009, 23:46
No im sorry, this list is about as cheesy as it gets, i hope the title was sarcastic.

Alright, I admit maybe a little. :)

*EDIT: And you forgot the 14 PD 2 Bounds :p I would not play this against my son though

CasaHouse
04-03-2009, 23:55
I read the title and honestly just thought "Unpossible..."

Glad to see it was satire.

-Casa

garythewargamer
05-03-2009, 00:53
Hey at least you got a bunch of people to look at your list, as we all did not believe it.

XXL
05-03-2009, 00:55
yeah, this thread really sucked, I know... Im sry, in my minde it was a fun thing to post but ppl seem to disagree! :)

XXL
05-03-2009, 00:55
haha btw any changes to make it even better? Do you beat it easy?

Baron Von Rotten
06-03-2009, 02:59
If you use the Dread Knight power instead of the Avatar of Dung you will:

save three points per character
get a better armor save (2+)
get an extra horsey attck

Spirit
06-03-2009, 07:51
If you use the Dread Knight power instead of the Avatar of Dung you will:

save three points per character
get a better armor save (2+)
get an extra horsey attck

You wont get an extra horse attack because he bought them all nightmares anyway.

You'll lose 3 power dice for only +1 armour, considering he has regeneration, the save isnt that important. Losing the lances is a bummer though.

Gorknoth
06-03-2009, 10:54
Can't really imagine what they thought when they designed the vc-book.. not to mention rapes..hrm wraiths

XXL
06-03-2009, 11:03
I love the armie, dont have to think to much while playing the game, just move forward and figure out when and how often its worth giving away 50vp:s :D

jax40kplyr1
06-03-2009, 17:19
It's a good list - when folks started running it at GT, it was considered almost unbeatable. Now people have figured out the weaknesses to it. Lore of Metal and Light will tear it up - Beast Cowers will take all that cavalry out of the game. Vaul's Unmaking to take out the banner, pound the black knight unit with flaming artillery, flank it, cast Word of Pain on it, etc. etc. Your other units (besides the Blood Knights) are really too small to do a whole lot.
I'm still working out a Slann & EOTG list now, but I can tell you I'd luv to play against this one.

Morello
06-03-2009, 23:24
Are Deathstars the best way to play, competitively, or are they one-trick ponies where specific things can kill it, and is therefore not competitive?

XXL
07-03-2009, 00:29
It's a good list - when folks started running it at GT, it was considered almost unbeatable. Now people have figured out the weaknesses to it. Lore of Metal and Light will tear it up - Beast Cowers will take all that cavalry out of the game. Vaul's Unmaking to take out the banner, pound the black knight unit with flaming artillery, flank it, cast Word of Pain on it, etc. etc. Your other units (besides the Blood Knights) are really too small to do a whole lot.
I'm still working out a Slann & EOTG list now, but I can tell you I'd luv to play against this one.

Post that list, would be an exciting read im sure!

As far as the list I posted (deathstar or what it is), ive tried it for three games the other day, it was really powerfull for sure. Not limited at all. Next time I promised to play my sons O&Gs instead, more fun...

Cobrak
07-03-2009, 05:16
yea VC vs O&G thats games not already over

atleast you didn't play with the super God hates you 20pd Deamons list of pansy ranged hell