PDA

View Full Version : Triumvirate 3: This time it's different (but not much)

vinny t
04-03-2009, 23:59
This is the third draft of my Triumvirate list. Through much playtesting, I can (probably) safely say that this list is fairly solid. However, I am sure the sharp eyes on Warseer will gleefully pick out all the idiotic mistakes made and will ensure that this list becomes "refined".

Oh well, here goes.

Sorceror Lord- Mark of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll, Book of Secrets, Spell Familiar, Enchanted Shield, Word of Agony

Sorceror- Mark of Tzeentch Power, Familiar, Conjoined Haemonculus

Sorceror-Mark of Nurgle, Infernal Puppet, Armour of Zhrakk

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Tzeentch

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Nurgle

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Slaanesh, Rapturous Standard

20 Marauders, Great Weapons, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne With Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne With Flails

Chariot, Mark of Khorne

Chaos Spawn with Mark of Slaanesh

Chaos Spawn with Mark of Slaanesh

Warshrine of Slaanesh

2238 Points
11 PD
6 DD 2 scrolls

80 models

What I flipped around were some magic items and marks on the wizards, thus allowing my Slaanesh Lord to fling out spells,even against ItP armies, any advice is appreciated.

And to recap. Here are the armies I will likely be facing...

Brettonia-Knight MSU

Empire- Horde

Warriors-Tzeentch

High Elves- Lord on eagle with bolt thrower bow, BSB on eagle, swordmasters, White lions, archers (I am most afraid of this one)

Skaven-Pestilens

Dark elves- shades, assassins, blocks, magic

Daemons- All of them, I assume

Ogres- MSU, minimal magic

Vampire Counts-balanced,with skellies, wraiths, Spirit Hosts, and a whole lotta magic (scared of this one too)

And many more. (I assume 2-3 dwarfs, 2-3 O&G, and at least 1 Wood Elf)

Again, any advice is appreciated.

Champion89
05-03-2009, 00:26
High Elves- Lord on eagle with bolt thrower bow, BSB on eagle, swordmasters, White lions, archers (I am most afraid of this one)

Ahh, It does my heart good to see High Elves Feared by Chaos.

BSB on an Eagle. hmm I'll have to try it. Haha. Doesn't seem to good though.

Honestly, I don't know much of chaos but, it looks solid enough.

garythewargamer
05-03-2009, 00:41
Where are your knights.

koningswulf
05-03-2009, 01:06
Your magic is very good but as all chaos you dont have any shooting but also compared to other chaos you dont have any good melee either.
Your infantry units lack the bulk and you have few fast units to prevent
being encircled. Against a shooty army with some flyers they would prevent you march move and shoot down your fast troops and then you would be in a real nightmare. I would suggest go down to 2 bigger infantry units along with 1 fast hard hitting unit and get some flyer yourself to prevent opponent march move. Just my 2 cents :-)

vinny t
05-03-2009, 11:07
Alrighty, here is my usual gameplan with this list. Khorne stuff suicide charges everything,while spawn chase off flyers and sneaky fast cav due to their 360 charge.
Against a gunline, I like to use hounds to screen the warriors,while the innocent marauders sneakup on the line. So far, I have seen no evidence of a gunline being played at the march hare or at my gaming club.
The infantry units are meant to be somewhat expendable, which always surprises opponents when I flee with them.
The iconic "hard hitter" unit is knights, which I regard as overpriced "points wise", and really not all that great without a character, which would ruin the whole "Triumvirate" thing.

Thank you for your insight. I really did think about it. I hope more comes soon. Thanks again.

thisisntnotjt
05-03-2009, 16:38
Looks like you're going for the tactical win. *Applause*

Chaos doesn't necessarily need to smash through everything. Hopefully you have enough to take down monsters, which will still be your biggest threat, but you should have some solid games against other armies, so long as you play consistently smart.

lcfr
05-03-2009, 17:10
My math has never been any good, but I'm counting only 10PD, not 11.

Sorc lord (4) + 2xlvl2s (4) plus BoS (1) plus PFam (1)=10. Did I miss something?

vinny t
05-03-2009, 20:35
Sorc lord- 3, 2 lvl 2s- 4, BoS- 1, Power familiar-1, BASE-2 =11 PD