PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the height of a warmaster mini to use in possible conversion

Righter8
05-03-2009, 01:05
I am trying to get the measurement for the miniature below from the top of the head to the top of the base. It is the Greater Deamon of Slaaesh from Warmaster.

I've made the same request from GW, but no replies, and i don't expect one. TY for any help.

zoggin-eck
05-03-2009, 11:38
Well, the base, if it's the same as other warmaster bases (which I believe it is) is 40mm x 20mm.

By chance, are you asking so you can use it in other games? Imagine it on a 40mm round or square base using the longer edge of his/her/its base as a guide.

Righter8
05-03-2009, 13:40
Actually, I'd like to use the tail of the model from the top of the kilt/skirt down to convert a Chaos Marine to have a serpent tail instead of legs.

pookie
05-03-2009, 14:54
Actually, I'd like to use the tail of the model from the top of the kilt/skirt down to convert a Chaos Marine to have a serpent tail instead of legs.

way too small, i cant give you measurements, but it would make him very 'short' unless thats the effect your looking for.

Cpt. Drill
05-03-2009, 16:27
I think there would probably be better cheaper options than this anyway, although im sure with a bit of adjusting it would be tall enough for a marine.

Righter8
05-03-2009, 18:24
I think there would probably be better cheaper options than this anyway, although im sure with a bit of adjusting it would be tall enough for a marine.

Well, the issues I need to face are
1. I ain't no good at sculpting.
&
2. The only other model from GW (and has to be GW because of tournament rules in my area, blah, blah, blah) that comes close is the Fantasy Chaos Lord on Mount (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50025&prodId=prod1050024) which is 30 bucks, just to use only half of it.

fracas
06-03-2009, 04:59
what about the 40k ravener nids?