05-03-2009, 07:20
dang , was hoping for a way to get a good size
army for cheap

Braad
05-03-2009, 08:03
AFAIK spearheads were never cheap.

badgeraddict
05-03-2009, 08:32
Also they just included all the new models, so you'd end up with lots of characters and not much to do.

Griefbringer
05-03-2009, 08:43
AFAIK spearheads were never cheap.

Nor of good size - consisting just one of each new release. For those looking for a good starting lot, it would be more worthwhile to look for the battalion boxes.

Wasn't the DE spearhead the last one to be released?

nosferatu1001
05-03-2009, 08:51
The Spearheads (40k and fantasy) were a year long trial to see if they would sell - basically they were for people who alreasdy owned the army and just wanted all the new stuff, and the book, all in one go.

They never sold particularly well, especially daemons due to the high metal model count pushing the price very, very high, and were never meant to give you the start of an army - the battallion boxes do that.

Dr. Who
05-03-2009, 09:58
Nor of good size - consisting just one of each new release. For those looking for a good starting lot, it would be more worthwhile to look for the battalion boxes.

Wasn't the DE spearhead the last one to be released?

Nope, Warriors of Chaos was the last army to have a spear head box. Ironically that box actually offered a slight saving unlike the DE, Daemon and VC spear head boxes.

- Dr.

W0lf
05-03-2009, 11:46
Spearheads are terrible.

They didnt save money, included 1 of each new item (characters..) and the book. You got the army book like 5 days before store copy was open and my stores full of ones they cant shift. Hell go look at the Chaos/DE ones, they are grim as.

p.s oh and really the sm spearhead is TERRIBLE. It cost like the same as the 1500 pts in a box and well...

The True Mooseman
05-03-2009, 12:14
Spearheads are terrible.

With one exception, namely the Ork one. That was awesome, seeing as it got the contents of a battalion anyway, plus all the other new goodies like Lootas and the Shock Attack Gun, at a relatively low price (compared to other spearheads) and in time for Christmas 2007.

Guardian_A
05-03-2009, 12:21
There was a Lizardmen Army box released once upon a time. I was it on ebay around $150 the other day.

Your best bet would probably be to pick up a couple of Battalion boxes and a Stegadon at this point. The Steg comes with a Skink Chief and Skink Priest to give you a couple of hero choices. Then all you would really need is a Slann to round things out a bit.

Coram_Boy
05-03-2009, 13:16
Yep that and a few specials/rares (other than saurus cav) like terradons/razorbacks and mabye some more skinks, and you have a pretty rounded force.

slingersam
05-03-2009, 19:01
There was a Lizardmen Army box released once upon a time. I was it on ebay around $150 the other day.

Your best bet would probably be to pick up a couple of Battalion boxes and a Stegadon at this point. The Steg comes with a Skink Chief and Skink Priest to give you a couple of hero choices. Then all you would really need is a Slann to round things out a bit.

Cab I mount the priest or the chief on a base, or will it look
weird/ out of place on the base