PDA

View Full Version : overrun question

Dareus
05-03-2009, 08:12
hello everybody,
I've some (possibly simple) question which occured during my last game.

unit A was charged by enemy-unit E. the combat resulted in a draw and nobody fled. now unit B countercharges unit E from the flank. being to wide unit B also touches friendly unit A. now unit E gets totally beaten up.

can unit B overrun after this combat although unit A is in the way? would be somehow like multiple combat where only one unit decides to pursue but we weren't really sure as it says you overrun/pursue until you would hit another friendly unit.

thanks,
Dareus

Neckutter
05-03-2009, 09:25
it depends where the opposing unit fled. but lets say in your example unit E got killed totally. if unit B cannot physically make the overrun move, then you arent allowed to do it. being as you said they are "touching" i think you mean that they looked like this:

lets say everyone is only 5 models wide.

B
B
B
BEEEEE
BAAAAA

in this case, when unit E is killed, unit B cant overrun.

Dareus
05-03-2009, 09:58
exactly. this is how it looked like. now unit A was small infantry unit and unit B was cavalry. when unit E would be still (partially) alive at the end of the phase and ran away they would have fled away from unit B as it had higher US.
So what happens when unit B wants to pursue and unit A remains in place? Didn't find anything like this in the BRB.

thanks for reply,
Dareus

nosferatu1001
05-03-2009, 11:01
Unit B, in the diag above, can not pursue - A can

stripsteak
05-03-2009, 15:29
exactly. this is how it looked like. now unit A was small infantry unit and unit B was cavalry. when unit E would be still (partially) alive at the end of the phase and ran away they would have fled away from unit B as it had higher US.
So what happens when unit B wants to pursue and unit A remains in place? Didn't find anything like this in the BRB.

thanks for reply,
Dareus

in the case that unit E fled. if unit A chose to stay then B can't move as A would block it. however if A didn't attempt to stay they can both pursue and would be able to move. the rules for multiple pursuers is given on pg 44.