PDA

View Full Version : FW Chaos kits question

ChrisMurray
05-03-2009, 12:12
Not sure if this should maybe be in the modeling section, if so please move.

I've always liked Nurgle and the chaos legions, and I really like the new FW stuff being done for WE and DG. The stuff that FW has produced for them is just conversion kits, right? Does this mean that I have to purchase a box of csm\terminators and the conversion kits? This seems like an extreamly costly thing to do (around 35+ a squad). Is there others ways round this? Is FW likely to provide an option of a full kit like they did with the red scorpion sternguard?

The Grey Guy
05-03-2009, 12:18
From looking on their site I would assume you would have to buy the marine boxes judging from what what they have written for the renegades

"A pack of resin accessories to upgrade 10 plastic Cadians, or convert other Games Workshop plastic figures, such as Catachans or Chaos Marauders. Set contains 10 head and torso pieces with respirators and Flamer canister. Plastic Cadians not included. Models designed by Mark Bedford."

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/CHAOS_RENEGADES.html

Korras
05-03-2009, 12:18
you have to buy the regular kit as well, unless otherwise noted. yes, it is costly. however, I think it's worth it, considering the amount of detail you get in the conversion packs.

DarthSte
05-03-2009, 12:20
At the moment the only way to use them is to buy the FW kit and the plastic set. Sites such as Bitzbox will be able to sell you the bitz that you require, for less than buying the entire GW box.

Hopefully they'll make full kits sometime (like the Red Scorpions Sternguard, DKoK etc...)

Kronos
05-03-2009, 12:20
Nope, the only other option is either buying the legs and arms you need over a bits site or just buying the normal csm boxsets and also buying the FW parts (they are great though :D)... it is expensive but so are most good things. The one thing i recommened is doing some gs work on normal csm legs if your are getting these as it would be a shame to have very detailed torsos with mediocre arms and legs.

if your getting the we torsos I'd kitbash them with possessed and then use normal berserkers for your troops squads.