PDA

View Full Version : How can i make a herald

Amdga
05-03-2009, 16:12
just asking but what should i convert to make a hrald of khorn or of nurlge?

also i was wondering what i could do to make a chariot for them??:confused:

del-patch
05-03-2009, 19:11
use the Chaos Mortals chariot, and change the horses to a juggernaut for khorne, or the Nurgle slug beast thing (name escapes me) and plonk in a Nurgle/Khorne unit champion model (add some leader bits if you want).

jfrazell
05-03-2009, 20:56
Herald-what are you using for bloodletters? Just put some bling on it.

*Bletter with two weapons
*Bletter with personal banner or Khorne banner (donít use Khorne banner if thatís what youíre using for icons).
*If youíre thinking of putting it on a chariot make sure the base fits. If not have it on a smaller base/plate that connects to a larger base if you want to run it. Small magnet is perfect in this regard.

Chariot:
*Purchasing option: buy a WFB chaos chariot or gussy up other chariots. The new DE chariot looks interesting. I myself have acquired two orc chariots and will be adding defiler leg plates to the sides. Will paint with icons or mayhaps some spare spawn bits coming out.

*Home made option: Very open. Up ended fruit juice bottle top or drink top. Connect with cheap jewelry chains form a hobby store. Beg borrow or steal some sort of animal-crusher, horses, Cold One, surplus wolves, whatever (hellhounds might work here). This on is very open to personal design.

Amdga
06-03-2009, 16:46
whats a wfb?

SimonL
06-03-2009, 16:47
Warhammer Fantasy Battle

Latro_
06-03-2009, 18:03
I know you mentioned converting, but there is an actual model GW do:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1610109_99119915040_WHHeraldJuggernaught1_873x627 .jpg

just in case you were unawares.

sydbridges
06-03-2009, 18:43
For my daemonettes, I'm just using the heads with the big hair to mark out the heralds for now. Once I've gotten to them in the painting queue, I'll probably paint some crazy tattoos on their legs or something to try and mark them out more.

Bodysnatcher
06-03-2009, 19:04
For my WHFB Tzeentch daemons I use the old horror models for unit champions and Heralds. A local gamer uses the old plaguebearers for Nurgle heralds as they're a bit more anthropomorphic and larger.

Rip456
06-03-2009, 20:47
For my Herald of Khorne on foot I use a second gen bloodletter.

jfrazell
06-03-2009, 20:50
-For my Khorne herald I took my standard wolfletter (3rd edition bloodletter, converted with a wolf head and sometime a cloak or other clothing) gave him a beastman icon, large flowing robe, trumpet, and larger base.

-Tzeentch heralds I will use either 40K/WFB sorcerors, WFB Tzeentch champion (3 faces is kind of cool) or the Tomb king ushabti. I’m working on the chariots first.

Inach
07-03-2009, 10:34
I just started with converting both Khorne Heralds.

Here is a picture, Icons will be added and then the paint job!

Angelus Mortis
07-03-2009, 12:30
Forge World has the Nurgle Daemon Prince Mamon that comes with a Herald of Nurgle. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/