PDA

View Full Version : Deadly angels or furious fish?

samiens
06-03-2009, 20:58
Ok, I'm at a bit of a cross roads in terms of armies to make/play. I once read a very enlightened article that suggested taht to complete an army you need to be able to win with it and like the background enough. That pretty much leaves me with Tau and Dark Angels. I'm pretty much soley a competitive player in the middle of a Tua force but its not going so well (largely in a frutrating way- like when I've got my entire army left but only manage to draw against a force with 2 models still standing). I've always loved the Dark Angels- I began playing with space Hulk and the Deathwing supplement but overall they haven't been that good to me (with the exception of a hide and seek 4th ed army that wouldn't crossover very well). So I was wondering which way people would suggest I went. There's no poll as I'm more interested in teh reasoning than the consensus.

Codsticker
07-03-2009, 04:01
I'd be inclined to go Tau; the Fish of Fury army sounds like more fun to play than Space Marines (even DA).

Oathwarden
07-03-2009, 06:09
I play both, each can be competitive and fun in their own way. I play a modified fish style and people here seem to think its a competive playlist, and DW I rarely lose or win and mainly draw out on most foes becuase I seem to roll objective grabbers constantly and wind up with one termie sitting on one while a squad of boys or gaunts is sitting on one in the opponent's side. or DWA into his 1/2 and take his while he takes mine for a draw again.

samiens
07-03-2009, 10:58
I think I've decided upon Tau- my main draw for the deathwing isspace hulk anyway- what sort of list do you use for tau Oathwarden? I'm, currently looking at 2-3 devilfish squads with plenty of suits for support but we'll see...