PDA

View Full Version : 6 and 1/4th most powerful army?

Rydmend
06-03-2009, 22:45
In my opinion these army ranking polls have got to stop. I know that once these polls get to the second page about 3 more will pop up polling the exact same thing.

We all know that DE, VC, DoC, HE and LM will be ranked high and that O&G, OK, BoC and TK will be ranked lower......

W0lf
06-03-2009, 22:58
So in protest of pointless polls you do what...

Oh right, make a pointless poll. One that dosnt work for a start.

omgadinosaur
06-03-2009, 23:00
So in protest of pointless polls you do what...

Oh right, make a pointless poll. One that dosnt work for a start.

TO actually make the poll work would defeat his entire point. He was using it as an example to try and stop such polls, not continue them.

Rydmend
06-03-2009, 23:01
Ironic isn't it W0lfy?

(Thanks for getting it dinosaur!)

W0lf
06-03-2009, 23:10
yes... right *raised eyebrows*.

SO this thread is infact more pointless then before as its just a moan thread? Good stuff.

So yeah i agree, less discussion and more moaning bout discussion we dont want to take part in! Hurrah.

Preacher
06-03-2009, 23:15
Hey Wolf, couldn't you have put in an "all of the above" choice? I'm torn with whats there now. But who cares is the front runner.

Rydmend
06-03-2009, 23:22
yes... right *raised eyebrows*.

SO this thread is infact more pointless then before as its just a moan thread? Good stuff.

So yeah i agree, less discussion and more moaning bout discussion we dont want to take part in! Hurrah.

If you're so opposed to all this why even bother posting in this thread? Let alone responding to my previous reply?

I guess it is important to let people know you disagree with this whole thing.....Hrmm, moaning about threads posted by people who are moaning about polls. What a hypocrite.

W0lf
07-03-2009, 00:31
No no you fail.

If i had posted a thread to moan about this thread then id be a hypocrite, duh.

Znail
07-03-2009, 00:49
You post a moan thread to either get sympathy or to anoy people of a diffrent oppinion. Why are you complaining about your success?

Aurellis
07-03-2009, 01:07
You post a moan thread to either get sympathy or to anoy people of a diffrent oppinion. Why are you complaining about your success?

I have to second this comment, I don't mind people posting these type of threads aslong as they're open to the 2 reactions which they will definitely get.

As for the 6.25th ranked army I would probably say Wood Elves or Brets :rolleyes:

Peegore
07-03-2009, 01:10
Must admit, there are currently more polls on Warseer at the moment than there are Poles in the local jobcenter.

When I saw this thread, I wondered whether W0lf would be 1st, 2nd or 3rd to post one of his 'playfully' acerbic replies. W0lf didn't dissapoint.... :)

Wonder what other people thought. I could start a new po.. nah. Too obvious ;)

Aurellis
07-03-2009, 01:16
Must admit, there are currently more polls on Warseer at the moment than there are Poles in the local jobcenter.

When I saw this thread, I wondered whether W0lf would be 1st, 2nd or 3rd to post one of his 'playfully' acerbic replies. W0lf didn't dissapoint.... :)

Wonder what other people thought. I could start a new po.. nah. Too obvious ;)

You forgot to say who the 6.25th army is ;)

Maybe discussing it would annoy the OP more?

havoc626
07-03-2009, 01:24
I think it is alright talking about if the newly released army is more powerful than previous books, but I do agree that there is way too many posts now. When it hit 4rd most powerful army (:p) I was just shaking my head. Top three, okay, but this is just getting stupid.

BTW, I'd vote Brettonians as the 6.25th most powerful army. :D

Lord Dan
07-03-2009, 01:32
Well, since I technically fit into the category of "someone who opened a poll ranking the armies", I suppose I should respond.

I started a poll because I didn't see any others that ranked the 3rd most powerful army specifically, and it had me wondering what the community thought. Starting a poll on the subject was obviously a way to find out what the community thought.

I find threads like this to be completely contrary to the point of these forums. If you have a specific question, ask it. If the threads were all exactly the same, then the mods would remove them. Since they have not been removed it's evident that they are not exactly the same, and present some information that other members might find enjoyable or interesting.

If you don't want to hear about a thread, then don't read it. But I'm not about to stop asking questions simply to make it more convenient for you to scroll down the General Discussion page.

The Guy
07-03-2009, 01:41
Some people rarely visit warseer, some are new, you can't blame people for asking a question or posting a thread [which might I add, you don't need to click on :eyebrows:] just because they are a little slow on the uptake or merely felt that an existing thread isn't sufficient.

If there were a sticky with the rankings on, then yes you could moan, but moan to the mods, they like it :D

lachlanwizard
07-03-2009, 02:19
WOlf owns

brets or wood elves

Rioghan Murchadha
07-03-2009, 04:19
WOlf owns

Owns what exactly? A **** and vinegar factory? I seem to see far more of that from him than anything actually constructive.

starlight
07-03-2009, 04:33
...moan to the mods, they like it :D

:eyebrows:

:rolleyes:

*adds to Teh List...*:eek:

Lord Dan
07-03-2009, 04:36
*adds to Teh List...*:eek:

And "The Guy" was never seen again...

Rydmend
07-03-2009, 05:05
I have no problem with a couple of polls dealing with army ranking after a new book comes out but when the top 10 posts on a forums first page contain 4 posts "what is the first ranked army?" "2nd" "3rd' and "4th".......

These posts arn't really constructive, they simply reduce down to 3-4 people bickering about "how broken so and so army is". I mean what comes next really? 1-15 ranking of army lists in 15 different poll threads?

My post wasn't intended to start a flame war, it was a satire of the whole process, after all, this post is as much of a waste of time as you let any other post be. If you like threads dealing with army ranking polls to the Nth degree, more power too you, that doesn't make it any less rediculous.

Desert Rain
07-03-2009, 09:50
I don't mind army ranking polls, but if you don't like them just don't read them!

Nicha11
07-03-2009, 10:20
This entire thread is a waste of time.

Come on guys admit it there is only one reason you are posting on it.

To up your post count "Duh".

Toomanymind
07-03-2009, 10:32
ok well since everyone is arguing about how pointless everything is let me just post count +1 yar! :cheese:

W0lf
07-03-2009, 11:13
actually this thread wasnt about post count. I like pointing out how stupid some people are.

Oh and from this one thread i got a new sig;

'When I saw this thread, I wondered whether W0lf would be 1st, 2nd or 3rd to post one of his 'playfully' acerbic replies. W0lf didn't dissapoint.... :)'

plus another person realises how im a voice of reason; 'W0lf owns'

+1 ;)

Laughingmonk
07-03-2009, 22:42
I personally would like to see less whining and more discussion about this 6 and 1/4th most powerful army. I would say bretonians along with the top quarter of wood elves. But that's just me. /sarcasm

I agree with W0lf. I think it's rather pointless for another member to start a new thread complaining about what another part of the community is discussing. I personally have no problem with the threads, though I rarely post in them.

That being said, I rather like this thread. Just because it may be pointless, doesn't mean it isn't fun!

semersonp
07-03-2009, 23:12
is there a point in discussing who was the better qb - joe montana, dan marino or johnny unitas?

or an imperative reason to turn over the idea that d-day would have been different had Rommel not been on holiday?

and can a useful result come from mulling over what would have happened to history had socrates fallen at delium?

nope... they just bring a lot of joy to folks while stimulating their lateral mind... a double whammy of good covered in delicious atypic bbq sauce...

i’ll milquetoast this for ya:

inapropos questions are ever the most important...

they are the essential echo of the completely empty valley bearing tidings heard from the soundless sound...

many splendid activities are not essential to survival in the strictest sense of the word...

literature, art, history, spices, oral sex, riddles, music, beer, love, et al...

none are required...

contemplation of all things leads to understanding - even things you presumed true or unknowable... do not fear the ambiguity of dissenting opinions... so when someone ponders minutiae such as army strength in a single game among the panoply of play, furrow your brow in union and tip your wrist with them... nothing but good will come of it i assure you...

i'll close with carse - "finite players are serious; infinite games are playful... a finite player plays to be powerful; an infinite player plays with strength..."

prepare and ponder warhammer in toto...

play with strength :)

fluffstalker
08-03-2009, 03:34
They do serve a purpose- to let people entering the competetive scene know where they are standing with their armies, and to point out (correctdly) that the balance of the game is far from perfect and there are some armies stronger than others. If its not important to you no big deal, but it does interest other members of the community.

And I would sig the above post from semersonp if it wasnt so long. Its ****** hilarious.

Nicha11
08-03-2009, 03:36
That being said, I rather like this thread. Just because it may be pointless, doesn't mean it isn't fun!

You should post this in 3/4 of all threads. Ups your post count and it's correct.