PDA

View Full Version : Which List? HE or DE

Lex
06-03-2009, 22:30
I thought I might play LM in a 2250 tournament, but I already have HE and DE figures so I will play one of them instead. Which list do you think would be better in a large tournament?

HE
Level 4 - Moon Dragon, Seerstaff, Vambraces, Gem of Courage - 655
Level 2 - 2 Scrolls, Silver Wand - 185

10 Archers - 110
10 Archers - 110

6 Dragon Princes - FC, Banner of Ellyrion - 245
Lion Chariot - 140
Lion Chariot - 140
19 Phoenix Guard - FC, Banner of Sorcery - 365

RBT - 100
RBT - 100
Eagle - 50
Eagle - 50

Total - 2250

DE
Death Hag - General, CoB - 200
Death Hag - BSB, Banner of Naggarythe, CoB - 350
Sorceress - Darkstar Cloak, Scroll - 185
Sorceress - Tome of Furion, Scroll - 175
Assassin - ahw, Rending Stars, Manbane - 151

10 Corsairs - Reaver, musician - 115
10 Corsairs - Reaver, musician - 115
10 RXB - shields, musician - 115
10 RXB - shields, musician - 115

5 CoK - 135
5 CoK - 135
14 BG - FC, Crimson Death, Banner of Hag Graef - 277

Hydra - 175

Total 2243 pts

Comments and criticisms are welcome

sroblin
07-03-2009, 03:14
The units in the Dark Elf list all seem pretty small and fragile.

I'm aware of the whole MSU strategy, but the problem is that you've invested so much in characters that you're weak on the 'multiple' part of Multiple Small Units. I'm not sure how those Corsairs units are going to work, even with the Cauldron of Blood they don't hit very hard, and aren't very hard to take down. The Death Hags don't seem very well equipped to contribute much to the fighting (no gifts of khaine to enhance their attacks); the Banner of Nagarythe can be potent in theory, but the Corsairs they are supporting seem so weak (and the Black Guard are already stubborn, so the unbreakable isn't as awesome an upgrade for them) that I don't see how it well help.

I think the High Elf list seems a bit more robust in its individual elements, although you with only three offensive units and 1 defensive, you will have to work to make sure you are getting the full value of your dragon in actively destroying enemy units. There will be the dilemma of exposing the mge to close combat despite his vulnerability. I would consider replacing the Vambraces of Defense with Forlaith's Robes which make him immune to non-magical attacks-both cheaper, and will save him against everything expect magic-weapon armed enemy characters.

koningswulf
07-03-2009, 04:27
You can only use the Forlaith's Robes on foot
So I reckon he cant use that while he on a dragon :)