PDA

View Full Version : How much are the Assault on BR orks and marines worth?

omera
07-03-2009, 02:11
I'm going to try and sell my orks and marines on ebay, but I don't have a digital camera to take pics of it with so I'm not sure anybody would buy it without the photos :(
What are they worth?
A few of the marines are assembled, and thats about it.

Znail
07-03-2009, 02:36
They are obviously not worth that much as the box isnt that expensive in the first place and the rule booklet is more popular then the hardback book. You should consider yourself lucky if you can get half the price of the box, althou you can probobly get more if you split it half and sell the orcs and the marines separately. The main problem is that its not worth much so anyone buying it has to factor in the postage as a large part. It would probobly be easier to sell it at a local gaming club or something due to that.

Cane
07-03-2009, 02:37
Hmm, there could be Ebay deals similar to yours going on now and once they end that'd be one kind of appraisal.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
07-03-2009, 02:52
They are obviously not worth that much as the box isnt that expensive in the first place and the rule booklet is more popular then the hardback book. You should consider yourself lucky if you can get half the price of the box, althou you can probobly get more if you split it half and sell the orcs and the marines separately. The main problem is that its not worth much so anyone buying it has to factor in the postage as a large part. It would probobly be easier to sell it at a local gaming club or something due to that.

You'd be surprised. While they are obviously not worth as much as a set of actual ork boyz or a marine tactical squad they can sell for a decent amount. I've seen the Dreadnought go for 10 bucks or so on average, which is a steal for someone who just needs a dreadnought but is a pretty good sale considering the price of the box. Similar or more prices on the deffkopters.

The Warboss and Captain go for cheap. A buck or two if you're lucky. The troop squads vary depending on the luck of the draw and whether you reel people into a bidding war. As a rule of thumb you will get more if you sell them seperately then if you sell them as a set.

Hmm, there could be Ebay deals similar to yours going on now and once they end that'd be one kind of appraisal.
What he said. Use current sales as a benchmark for how much you sell them for.

decker_cky
07-03-2009, 04:41
If you have low feedback, you can assume a 10% or so drop in sale price though. You should still pretty easily cover 50% of the box though. My personal favourite is the AoBR Green Tides being sold.

dugaal
07-03-2009, 05:27
I sold off the orks (and attempted to sell SM) a few weeks ago on ebay. First up I am in Canada, and even listing in US gets some buyers skittish.
You also have to work in shipping costs, which unless you have some business discount can get pricey, and buyers must work into what they are willing to pay.

Suffice to say, I made $5 each on deffkoptas, Nob and dread. Boyz bit less than 10. Marines and termies didn't sell. If I was to sell everything, with a decent location for shipping (to entice buyers with lower costs) I could've perhaps got my money back. Point being I wanted the book and counters so I'm happy with the outcome.

Cedric
07-03-2009, 09:48
I split the cost of the box in 40% SM, 40% Ork and 20% Rulebook and acessories.

Sleazy
07-03-2009, 09:54
or maybe sell/trade on Warseer, Bartertown and the like?

I know I'm on the look out for more terminators.

fluffystuff
07-03-2009, 13:41
On ebay, go to advanced search, then tick the box " completed listings ". This will show you how much the going rate is ( on average ).