PDA

View Full Version : dwarf 2250

fishound7
07-03-2009, 01:50
Dwarf lord w/ GW, shieldbearers, rostone, ro wardingx3 (Hammers)
Thane bsb w/ oathstone, Mrogromil, ropreservation (Longbeards)
Thane w/ sh, GW, oathstone, rostone, ropreservation (warriors)

19 hammers w/ shield Full command Mrogungi
22 longbeards w/ shield Rostiocism, robattle
24 warriors w/ shield full command

10 crossbows w/shield
10 thunders w/ shield

Bolt thrower w/ engineer, ropenetration
Bolt thrower w/ engineer, ropenetration roburn
Bolt thrower w/ engineer
Bolt thrower w/ engineer
Bolt thrower w/ engineer
Bolt thrower w/ engineer
Organ gun
Gyro

So.... I know i don't have a runesmith but every major combat unit has MR on it. I'd figure on using my dispel dice only on stuff thats supa evil. I'm thinkin on droping the MR on the hammers to Mr 2 instead of 3. Anything that doesn't have MR on it is disposable in my eyes. Organ gun would hopefully fall under the Mrogrungi's blanket of protection during deployment. I dunno i feel i have strong magic resistance to what matters and since i have few combat units i'll have protection from shooting along with magic from Mrogrungi. Trash list or meh ok?

koningswulf
07-03-2009, 03:48
Hep looks very similiar to my own just posted army :eek:
in thread The Shadow King Legion (melee/shoot army)First time!
A High Elf 2250pts army
Have a look :)

It seems very solid and those enginner makes those Boltas very good.
Would be fun to have a fight between these two armies.

Ironstone Doomhammer
07-03-2009, 03:50
I've never seen a list with so many BT's! No cannon or slayers, you'll have no anchor for a flank besides that one Organ Gun. I assume that if anyone were to take war machine hunters they could take those BT's out systematically.

However, it would be a very interesting list I must say.

I use my specials in other ways, Hammerers, Ironbreakers, Slayers, Cannon. Organ gun and Gyro are good choices and your LB and WA are looking good.

Overall it's an interesting list, deffinately not an All-Comer's though, since you'd need some anti-magic runesmith in al All-Comers.

Try it out and see how it goes.

fishound7
07-03-2009, 09:40
Do i need a runesmith for a all-comers? I dunno i feel i don't. Most armies have a total of 3 dispel dice and 2 scrolls with thier scroll caddy. I get four and my combat units have MR and i have Mrogrungi which helps with magic and shooting. I'm thinking on cuttin points and putting two mr on each combat unit to make it more anti magicy. I want those three units to be rock hard. Reason i have so many bt's is imo the opponent won't have enough warmachine hunters to kill them all and most likely the warmachine hunters cost more then the BT's plus it brings the thunda. The BT's would be spread out throughout the entire battle field not bunched up. Also if it matters each combat block is very independant meaning each can handle flank charges and still have full cr besides hammers which are just stubborn.

Oh on a side note what do you mean about anchoring the organ gun on a flank?

Gorknoth
08-03-2009, 17:27
Oh on a side note what do you mean about anchoring the organ gun on a flank?

As any possible machine hunters would approach on one flank, and the Organgun is the ultimate aproach for such intruders.
However the organgun could simply be ignored if placed in such way.. the middle is the best way to place it.

WLBjork
08-03-2009, 20:18
The thing about MR is that it's only useful against spells targetting units.

A Runesmith puts DD into the pool, allowing more flexibility, e.g Vampire Counts using Van Hel's/Invocation/Raise Dead.

Thargur
08-03-2009, 20:31
I'd replace the Thane with a RP (with RoStone and 1-2 RoSpellbreaking)

Then perhaps reduce the hammersize abit - 16 should do (6x3 with Lord in them) and these should prove decent flankprotectors aswell with the small army you're running... The other flank is the OG's mission...

Good army though - with some good positioning and some good traps even singlelined cavalry should be brought down with that line!

Perhaps go with a center deployment and then put atleast 1 BT on each flank... perhaps even with a unit of Quarrellers as support aswell (Always think of your shooting as support)

Then he'll be bound to turn out his flank to some of you BT's and BLAM ;) - well if not then it'll prolly ruin his movement phase anyways and you'll outmanouvre him with shooting and dwarf movement (not meaning that you'll flank him on first go ofcourse, but that he'll start reacting)

Cheers and the best of luck,
/Thargur

WarBreefe
12-03-2009, 00:55
Looks good, I'd be very interested to see how all those Bolt Throwers work out.

fishound7
12-03-2009, 06:17
ya kinda thinking on putting in a grudgethrower w/ro accuracy, ro burn and cutting two bolts to handle blocky stuff. Plus its cheaper then two bolts