PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you!

Alarum
07-03-2009, 06:46
I have been playing 40k since 2nd ed and I enjoy all the aspects of this great hobby. However a few years ago i moved to a place where organising a game is all but impossible so ive kept in touch with the hobby by sticking my nose in these forums from time to time.

I was browsing the modeling forums and have been inspired to start a new army from scratch. I have a habit of getting inspired and losing it when I remember I wont get to have a game with the finished product.

I would like to challenge anyone on these forums to start a new army and post pictures of its progress over a period of time (a tale of 4 gamers type thing). I may never get a game but I can still enjoy the other aspects of the hobby and share it with this great community.

Proposal
create a 1000pt army in small point blocks per month.
Paint the units over a series of months and post pictures on the forums.
Create a history and personalise your force.
Have fun creating an army that does not have to be geared for any purpose other than modeling and painting. (for me there is no need to create an effective list so I will use the oportunity to paint the models that apeal to me visualy and not necesarily the best tactical choices and weapon configs.*)
Get to know some of your fellow warseer gamers and have fun.

Does this sound like fun to you? Let me know and we can discuss the specifics and get started. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

P.S. The more the merier!!!

BLARGAG!!!
07-03-2009, 08:02
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we already have something like this around here. It's called the tail of painters and we have been doing exactly this since August.

feel free to check out the threads in the general project logs forum.

Again, great idea, just already been done.

Arbas
07-03-2009, 09:07
where did you move to?

TimLeeson
07-03-2009, 09:08
I'm going to be modeling an Umbra army in the next month. It'll be made from various plastic marbles on flying-bases and personalised with chaos and tyranid limbs on the balls to represent the shadow-smiths "attacks".

Alarum
07-03-2009, 10:12
I moved to Alice Springs (Australia). It has a small and young player base. I havnt met any one here remotly close to my age group.

Thanks i will go check out the other thread.

Still if anyone wants to start anew drop me a line.