PDA

View Full Version : Tiumvirate 4: Really different this time, no Lords!

vinny t
07-03-2009, 16:06
This is the 4th incarnation of the Triumvirate theme. I have switched things around this time, dropping a lord and getting a unit of Chosen. My hope is to have just so many units that at least 1-2 will reach my enemies lines, and wreak havoc.
After playing the High Elf player in a friendly match, in which I only won due to the biggest display of low rolling I have ever seen, I realized that I needed another hard unit so I can cover all my bases. Enter chosen, who have a 4+ Ward versus shooting and can make EoTG rolls great.
I have chosen (ha, ha) to not use knights because I feel that they are overcosted and not all that great. I know that some people swear by them, but I have never seen their usees. Oh well, to each his/her own.

The List is...

Sorceror- Mark of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar

Sorceror- Mark of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll

Sorceror-Mark of Nurgle, Infernal Puppet

Core

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Tzeentch

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Nurgle

11 Warriors, Full command Mark of Slaanesh, Rapturous Standard

20 Marauders, Great Weapons, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne With Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne With Flails

Special

Chariot, Mark of Khorne

10 Chosen- Shields, Halberds, Full command, Mark of Tzeentch, Favor of the Gods, Blasted Standard

Rare

Chaos Spawn

Warshrine of Slaanesh

2253 Points
10 PD
5 DD 2 scrolls

89 models

And, to re-recap, the lists I will be seeing.
Brettonia-Knight MSU

Empire- Horde

Warriors-Tzeentch

High Elves- Lord on eagle with bolt thrower bow, BSB on eagle, swordmasters, White lions, archers (I am most afraid of this one)

Skaven-Pestilens

Dark elves- shades, assassins, blocks, magic

Daemons- All of them, I assume

Ogres- MSU, minimal magic

Vampire Counts-balanced,with skellies, wraiths, Spirit Hosts, and a whole lotta magic (scared of this one too)

And many more. (I assume 2-3 dwarfs, 2-3 O&G, and at least 1 Wood Elf)

Any advice is appreciated.

W0lf
07-03-2009, 23:27
1. Mark all wizards nurgle
2. Mark all warriors slaanesh
3. Be inside the pts bracket.

vinny t
07-03-2009, 23:47
If i marked all wizards Nurgle and all warriors Slaanesh, it would kill the whole "Triumvirate" theme, so thanks, but no thanks.