PDA

View Full Version : saving throws...

anarnii
07-03-2009, 16:12
just a question of etiquette for making saves...

theres an item in the wood elf book which gives the bearer a 2+ ward save when the bearer is reduced to 1 wound.

so if my noble was wounded 3 times, could i role them seperatly, so i could get the ward save for the other wounds?

its seems a bit like an obvious yes, but the item is very cheap, and seems a little to good to be true to have wood elves with decent protection. It also came up in a games where my opponent claimed i had to role all my dice togther, and if i have 1 would left after i can use it then.

sorry only just back inot the hobby after a long break, thanks for any help.

jax40kplyr1
07-03-2009, 16:25
The rulebook states you should make each save individually in instances like that- same way as with the WE item that gives you a 3+ ward save until you fail one.
If your opponent tells you otherwise, throw all the dice at him.

EldarBishop
07-03-2009, 16:36
In that case you'd have to roll saves seperately...

stripsteak
08-03-2009, 15:51
if your opponents questions it point them to the newest FAQ it's mentioned in there. 'fast dice rolling' is just a technique to speed the game up it isn't a rule. iof you wanted you could play a normal game where you roll everythign individually....but in that case expect to have the dice thrown back at you :)

Gazak Blacktoof
08-03-2009, 15:59
Even if you want to go for slow die rolling you need to allocate all your attacks at the beginning of each initiative step (p.32 "Which Modles Fight?"). There's no obvious benefit I can think of to slow rolling (unless you're sadisitc), its only ever used with awkward magic items and abilites like the one being discussed in this thread.

WarmbloodedLizard
08-03-2009, 18:54
but don't forget that it's a one use ward. you can't use it on multiple wounds. so if he has 2 wounds, and the enemy scores 3 unsaved wounds the noble is dead anyway. (If you don't have another wardsave, that is)