PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid- count as for latd.

Kronos
07-03-2009, 18:35
Here are my ideas for using the Tyranid Codex for a Latd army.

Tyrant - Mutant Lord- large mutants which lead the hordes of of renengades and mutants through sheer fear and with minute mind powers - model represented by new FW Dp... armed with venom canon ;)

Lictors - war Hounds - large dog like creatures bred by mutants to scout ahead of the force attacking units in packs - models to represent them, hounds of Xaphan.

Warriors- Spawn - the muatated creatures of chaos which are idolised by lesser beings, like men.

Genestealers - Mutants - Hordes of devloved humoids with the touch of chaos lingering in their flesh - models to represent them, VC Ghouls with gs conversions.

Gaunts - Heretics - the thousands of men that have turned to chaos - Models to represent them, Empire Flagellents with FW renegade militia weapons.

Zoathropes - Rengade Psykers- The Psykers which have been taken by chaos rabble from imprisonment by the imperium - models to represent them, FW rogue Psykers.

Carnifex - Great Spawn - the largest of the mutants after the Mutant lord, these are the shock creatures of Mutant horde, set onto the enemy in masses of mindless flesh.

what do you think, it's a tempting idea and i thought I'd share it with you.

dookie
07-03-2009, 19:24
dude, thats cool, I do hope you mean Lost and the Damned, if so, wicked, I love it when people use codex's for different armies. Works a treat. Sometimes takes a lot of explaining, but if you have regular opponents then its all good. Well done sir.

LittleLeadMen
07-03-2009, 19:46
I just don't understand why you would use such an unrelated codex when every single on of the options you listed are already in the Imperial Armour renegades/heretics/traitor guard list.

dal9ll
07-03-2009, 20:13
I personally think that this is a huge stretch. Then again, Im not really cool with anyone using one army's models with another Codex so thats just me. Let me guess, you got a ********* of LatD models but nothing to do with them? I do feel your pain...

Kronos
07-03-2009, 20:13
I personally think that this is a huge stretch. Then again, Im not really cool with anyone using one army's models with another Codex so thats just me. Let me guess, you got a ********* of LatD models but nothing to do with them? I do feel your pain...

no but i have the bits to make alot of the models, and the dp arriving soon, and I'm just thinking of different possibilities of using him other than a daemon.

@dookie yh i did mean lost and the damned, the actual thought of the army was canon.. the rest just fell into place.

@LittleLeadmen, I i have IA5 but not 6 yet, and I'm pretty sure there is no Mutanat Lord, perhaps DP's but no mutants apart from the troop choice I'f I'm not mistaken.

dal9ll
07-03-2009, 21:37
I would just use some of the available Lost and the Damned rules instead of using another race's Codex. Try either IA 5, 6, the Apocalypse Datasheet, or the Eye of Terror Codex.

KainMalice
07-03-2009, 23:35
Random Reply

Lord Cook
08-03-2009, 04:38
I think it's fine. Considering the ridiculous fuss most people make about Imperial Armour, and the fact that the EoT codex is now very outdated, I see nothing wrong with using the Tyranid codex. All your counts-as seem sensible, although plain human psykers would be too small for zoanthropes. You'd need some large conversions that used the 40mm bases and something to give them extra height.

Maine
08-03-2009, 05:54
Sounds perfectly fine for counts as. It's playing by the rules, and well within the spirit of counts as (there are even some precedents for it in official GW publications, though I can't recall where it was I saw them)

No-One
08-03-2009, 09:05
hey i agree that this is a very cool idea

as for Lord Cook's comment about the Zoanthrope/Psykers i have an idea for you to chew on, in one of abbnett's novels (cant remember which for the life of me right now) the Archenemy employed psykers in a sort of walker what mounted a bubble thing on the bottom, it amplified the psykers powers if i remember right, you could use that to represent the normal psykers being on bases Zoanthrope sized, seems like a good idea to me, but hey i'm weird like that so, what do you think?

v_ol_tron
08-03-2009, 09:45
Sounds awesome to me. :D Counts as is the coolest, do it whenever you can. Personally I would love to play against this.

Make a project log, I'd love to see some of them great spawns. How are you thinking of modeling them?

Yautja
08-03-2009, 11:02
You're using a legal codex to represent your army. Why would I not play against you?

I've planned on doing the same thing with the Beasts of Chaos using Tyranid units to make bug style beastmen.

Kronos
08-03-2009, 12:19
Thanks for the replies :)

@Lord Cook, one psykey is already lifted off the ground and i think the other would need the same treatment, also on the base size i was thinking of having a "mind slave" chained to the psyker being some sort of mutanat guard, all counting as one model.

@v_ol_tron, for great spawn i was thinking of perhaps kitbashing my own using a variety of bits.

@Yautja, that army could actually represent the giant Insects that roam the Baleful desert near the great maw, the only living creatures that can survive the radiation like conditions. I think that would be great.

Electromancer
08-03-2009, 12:36
great idea, so long as its clear what everything is i think most people will have no problem playing you. Are you going to do a project log cause i'd love to see what you come up with :)

Kronos
08-03-2009, 12:42
great idea, so long as its clear what everything is i think most people will have no problem playing you. Are you going to do a project log cause i'd love to see what you come up with :)

well thats the problem I don't know wether to start latd using the new nurgle dp as a mutant lord, Ogre Kingdoms army using WOC book count as and use the troll king stats for Ghuth spawnchomper the tyrant, or just start/carry on with daemons.

so far I'm quite persuaded to just carry on doing daemons, but there's a part of me taht wants to be difficult :p