PDA

View Full Version : Huh? I think the opponent forget about me.

2HeadedLictor
08-03-2009, 11:40
In any game I play I like to spoil my opponents by giving a target rich environment:evilgrin: So if my opponent doesn't shoot everything he may regret it later, but with so many targets there are units that seem to make it unscathed through the torrent of fire, because they don't make the top fire priority on the list. For me such a unit is my twinlinked devourer warriors. They became this, because when I had a unit of twinlinked deathspitter warriors they would never survive past turn 2. So by lowering the efficiency of a unit slightly, I got a unit that was less likely to be shot, making my web of synapse stronger, as well as got some decent anti-horde firepower. But I digress.....

What I wanted to ask, is what units do you use that you think should get fired at by the enemy for one reason or another, but for some reason it is the anti-bullet magnet.

0ld1eye
08-03-2009, 11:48
My zoanthropes. Seriously, most people just ignore them and shoot at the carnifexes. Fine by me, lets me get off some sexy ap3 blasts.

Filthy O'Bedlam
08-03-2009, 12:05
Can't really saw I've ever experienced this in 10 years of gaming. We plays big games on little tables (3000 pts on a 6 x not quite 4 foot table last game). Everything tends to get pretty thoroughly Mangled by game's end.
Freaking Space Elves
Cheers, Filthy

The True Mooseman
08-03-2009, 12:31
Meganobz.

"What can they possibly do, there's only three of...gaaah, where did my everything go?!"

Sons of Alaitoc v.2
08-03-2009, 12:43
My Harlequins, they usually devastate enemy squad, maybe its because they are to scared to shoot at them, 'cause of the Shadowseer special rule (2D6 times 2 line of sight!)

blackcherry
08-03-2009, 12:46
Meganobz.

"What can they possibly do, there's only three of...gaaah, where did my everything go?!"

In my case there, its because I have nothing that could reliably kill that many heavily armored nobs!

For me, it is different units per army. My infantry always get off pretty easily in my dark eldar army and the opposite is true for my IG army!

If I take normal russ over demolishers, I normally find the amount of shots directed at them falls sharply!

nazrag
08-03-2009, 14:00
Remnant squads :D

fluffstalker
08-03-2009, 14:03
Can't really saw I've ever experienced this in 10 years of gaming. We plays big games on little tables (3000 pts on a 6 x not quite 4 foot table last game). Everything tends to get pretty thoroughly Mangled by game's end.
Freaking Space Elves
Cheers, Filthy

Yes this is exactly the case with me. Fielding units in the hope that they will distract/attract the opponents fire is not really a viable tactic in this case. Generally everything gets their fair dose of attention by the end.

danny-d-b
08-03-2009, 14:15
my tacical squads- most of the time people are trying to fire everything they have got at my 2 squads of termintors with storm shileds and thunder hammers with chaplins!

pronto the 2nd
08-03-2009, 17:00
Some units mentioned here I just one of these units you don't want to waste fire power on because they are extremely tough/armored. By I always make sure I've got some CC element to deal with them. (playing CSM, I've got good range of both shooty and CC elements).

As I play mech CSM, I try and have as much as immediate threat units.
rhinos with CC squads, flying sorcerer with raptors that hop behind them, a flying DP, a dreadnought that moves forward to engage in CC while throwing plasma blasts around, defiler that does the same with battle-cannon shells, a vindicator (say no more), a predator that shoots load of AT shots every turn, and all that in my 2000 pts list.

Usually the result is that 90% of my vehicles survive unscathed.

So to summerise that, target saturation and way too though targets are the ways to keep some units from being shot at.

Bunnahabhain
08-03-2009, 17:08
IG Veteran squads.

Mine are in good camouflage outfits, and cloaks, and infiltrate, so will be in cover.

I frequently forget about them, as I just can't see them. Opponents do the same.

Warforger
08-03-2009, 17:56
^ Camouflage your doing it right ;)

Tactical Squad in rhino (I'm Blood Angels)

Cocaloch
08-03-2009, 17:58
My rangers have never been shot at or attacked in CC. Its kind of odd really, but they are some of my favorite models so I am okay with it.

Laser guided fanatic
08-03-2009, 18:02
The whirlwind but tbh my 2000pt SM force has quite a lot of models in it so it's really down to the enemy.

MadJackMcJack
08-03-2009, 18:08
Huh, I thought this thread was gonna be about people who wander off in the middle of games :p

My shoota boys often go unmolested during games. My grots used to, until they started getting a rep for killing commanders, so now they tend to die fairly quickly, which is what I wanted all along! :D

Sons of Alaitoc v.2
08-03-2009, 18:11
My rangers have never been shot at or attacked in CC. Its kind of odd really, but they are some of my favorite models so I am okay with it.

I agree, but they don't shoot at mine due to their mighty 2+ cover save. God, I do love some of the Eldar special rules! :)

Imperius
08-03-2009, 22:07
The Guardsman.

My Tau enemy decided tht my Heavy Weapons Platoon and Tanks were the most dangerous thing I had. Soo... He deep striked near them to try and take them out but my Guardsmen with their Bayonets killed all but a few Battlesuits.

Cythus
08-03-2009, 22:22
my monolith, I know this is becuase people aim for phase out, but hey I like str 9 large blasts every turn