PDA

View Full Version : New RAID!! Scenario

SlaaneshSlave
08-03-2009, 14:11
I had an idea for a new scenario. What do you think of it? Would love some feedback; especially about the victory points.

RAID!!

Description:
While you were sleeping/hibernating/waiting for the Old Ones, the enemy has invaded your village/war camp/tunnel/forest/tomb. It is a small force which explains (in part) how they got so close before being detected. But now they are everywhere & right on top of you!

Attacker has half the points of the Defender.

Setup:

Defender sets up entire army (excluding Scouts) first. Deployment zone is 24" deep instead of the normal 12".
Attacker sets up entire army (excluding Scouts). Only deployment restriction is to maintain 1" between enemy units.
Defender sets up Scouts. Scouts lost the initiative to hide, but are able to react faster than the rest of the forces. Only deployment restriction is to maintain 1" between enemy units. Can be deployed in LoS.
Attacker sets up Scouts. Only deployment restriction is to maintain 1" between enemy units. Can be deployed in LoS.

First Turn:
Attacker goes 1st. Expect combat in the top of 1.

Victory Conditions:
Standard Victory Conditions apply to the RAID!! scenario.

Victory Points:
Use the table in the BRB as if each army had a point limit of the Attacker.

mrtn
08-03-2009, 20:19
Why would the size army not be creamed? I don't really get it...

SlaaneshSlave
08-03-2009, 20:28
The 1/2 sized army deploys so they charge at the top of turn 1 at the unit with facing of their choice.

The small army will be controlling the play of the game. I'd expect 1/2 of the defenders to not survive the 1st turn.

mrtn
08-03-2009, 20:32
How do you get the facing of your choice? You'd better define the set up more clearly in that case.

Gaargod
08-03-2009, 21:04
Actually, its quite clear. The attackers can deploy anywhere on the entire field, and they always go after defenders and get first turn. Normal other deployment, i.e. you get to face wherever you wish.

I.E. you can pick a unit to be rear charged first turn.

Whether it is worth half points is a different matter. However, as the victory points values are only on those half points of the attacker, it means he only has to kill a couple of units to make a victory for the defenders very, very difficult.

Actually, its a very smart scenario, well done.

Stuffburger
08-03-2009, 21:19
A smart defender would deploy in a circle, leaving no flanks or rears open. Then the attackers with 1/2 the points would only get a tiny advantage. The scenario should prevent that kind of deployment.

ashaman76
08-03-2009, 22:09
Sounds fun!

SlaaneshSlave
09-03-2009, 03:49
Defenders deploying in a circle will give a rear charge to all attackers that over run...

Scary for the Defender. Cool for the Attacker.

Need to try this scenario a bit. Might work out...

Infectum
09-03-2009, 04:07
Defenders deploying in a circle will give a rear charge to all attackers that over run...

Scary for the Defender. Cool for the Attacker.

Need to try this scenario a bit. Might work out...

Defenders can just deploy with rears up against the table edge. Also, if they want to deploy in a circle, they can drop a unit in the middle of it to make some leeway on an overrun. However, any breaking in a tight group could lead to mass panic.

SlaaneshSlave
09-03-2009, 04:24
Agreed. A lot of options for the Defender. None of them obvious.

Should make for a good game. :)

ChaosVC
09-03-2009, 09:52
Sounds like a challenge to both players, but what the story behind, what allows the unit to be so close to another unit without being notice?

PeG
09-03-2009, 12:18
This should might work fine if the defenders are humans, rats or anything else suffering from normal psych rules. If the defenders are big undead blocks supported by caster vamps in the middle the attacker will have a problem....

To make it slightly better I would put in that all attacking units automatically pass all fear/terror tests required for charging on turn 1.

Raverrn
09-03-2009, 15:32
WoC would dominate this scenario as attackers.