PDA

View Full Version : Undead Bretonnians

vinny t
08-03-2009, 18:57
Does anyone know any good Vampire-Bretonnia conversions? I want to make a cavalry heavy Vamp list :D and was looking for some help on making the army "Bretonnian-ish". Could you please post a link or tell me were to go!

vinny t
08-03-2009, 21:09
Oh by the way I' looking for Zombie conversians, Black Knight conversians, Blood Knight conversions, and an Abyssal Terror conversion.

Stuffburger
08-03-2009, 21:15
bashing together bret and VC models seems like the only way to go. Get a box of KotR and a box of undead knights and just mix and match parts together, then paint to look dead. Ditto for men at arms and zombies.

Guardian_A
08-03-2009, 22:31
I currently have about 10 models I plan to make into Black Knights. I'm going to use the extra horse heads along with my extra head/torso segments from my Bretonnians to make them. I figure that if I do it right it will look like they are rising up out of the ground!

Bretonnian Lord
08-03-2009, 23:03
http://www.mousillon.com/pictures.html

The pictures are a pretty good inspiration for an undead-themed Bretonnian army.

Loopstah
08-03-2009, 23:11
I built my undead bret knights using the skeleton horses and the bret horses.

Clip the legs and tail off the bret horse and cut out the stomach area under the saddle. Trim out all the pegs and chunky bits of plastic on the inside of the bret horse.

Cut the head off the skeleton horse and the tail.

Stick the bret horse over the skeleton horse.

Stick the skeleton tail where the bret tail was.

Cut off the front of the bret head and cut off the front of the skeleton head.

Stick the two head bits together and clip off the ears and drill out the eyes.

Greenstuff in a bridle onto the skeleton mouth.

For the knights just replace the heads with skulls, quick and effective.

thisisntnotjt
09-03-2009, 00:11
I had an idea for black knights to simply separate the the head, arms, hands, and feet, and connect them with a thin but sturdy piece of wire so they looked detached but connected by some ethereal force. Then paint the inside with a glowing effect.

mweaver
09-03-2009, 00:15
Those conversions look great, Loopstah!

vinny t
09-03-2009, 01:38
Thanks for all the help guys! It seems like the way to go is use bretonnian bodies but add skulls and hores bones. I was thinking of getting the KoTR and givig them skeleton heads. I would then paint the horses entirley "ghostly". I don't know if I should make the horses skeletal though because (in addition to costing a lot more money) my knights also have barding. How would I do blood knights differently though...?

Kalandros
09-03-2009, 03:52
Undead brets eh, the theme I've enjoyed looking at the most for Brets... is Monty Python & The Holy Grail. Maybe you can get some inspiration, especially from the Killer Rabbit mini!
http://www.remanlegions.com/holygrail/