PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2k

Adam87
08-03-2009, 21:01
This is my first skaven list so any feedback would be nice. Cheers.

Grey seer, eye of the horned rat, storm daemon

285pts

Joins one unit of clanrats.

Warlock engineer, warplock pistol, warp blades, warp energy condenser, warp power accumulator, 2 warpstone tokens.

105pts

Joins one unit of clanrats

Warlock engineer, warplock pistol, warp blades, warp energy condenser, warp power accumulator, 2 warpstone tokens.

105pts

105pts

23 Clanrats, fc, ratling gun.

200ts

24 Clanrats, fc, ratling gun.

205pts

205pts

5 Night runners

25pts

5 Night runners

25pts

5 Night runners

25pts

Im gonna use the night runners to block line of sight to my ratling guns.

8 Poisoned wind globadiers.

80pts

2 Rat orges

100pts

2 Rat orges

100pts

Gonna use the rat orges to break ranks.

6 Warplock jezzails

120pts

20 Plague monks, extra hand weapons, fc, banner of burning hatred.

210pts

6 Plague censer bearers.

102pts

13 Power dice
7 Dispel dice

So what do you think? Feel free to rip the list apart.

Thargur
08-03-2009, 21:08
Quite a nasty shooty list... but ofcourse as any other list you're missing slaves (just can't get enough really...

If I may though;

1) Where's the bound item? :s
2) What are the Plague Monks and Plague Censor Bearers doing in a list like this (I know the Censor Bearers are like the best unit in the list but still...)
3) More Jezzails! - Terrorcausers reaching your line will be devasteting...
4) I'd rather take more unitf of Clanrats and Slaves than those Ratogres - soo squishy and easy VPs... and they can't do anything but take ranks which they wont be able to as they can't compete with anything else on the flank...

Best of luck-luck Grey Seer Adam,
/Thargur

Adam87
08-03-2009, 21:19
Quite a nasty shooty list... but ofcourse as any other list you're missing slaves (just can't get enough really...

If I may though;

1) Where's the bound item? :s
2) What are the Plague Monks and Plague Censor Bearers doing in a list like this (I know the Censor Bearers are like the best unit in the list but still...)
3) More Jezzails! - Terrorcausers reaching your line will be devasteting...
4) I'd rather take more unitf of Clanrats and Slaves than those Ratogres - soo squishy and easy VPs... and they can't do anything but take ranks which they wont be able to as they can't compete with anything else on the flank...

Best of luck-luck Grey Seer Adam,
/Thargur

I forgot to put the bound item in.
I realy like the plague monks they are cheap for what they can do. I was thinking about taking 10 jezzails instead of the globes. I think slaves would give combat res away if I put them in a flank charge tho.

Nimh
09-03-2009, 02:07
i think you should bump the night runners up to 6. definately need slaves. i wouldnt bother with rat ogres. maybe try giant rat packs for flank. otherwise looks great!!!! good luck!

Foegnasher
09-03-2009, 05:10
So what do you think? Feel free to rip the list apart.

do you really mean that?

this list is ass. been done to death. thirteen magic dice, and 3 ratlinguns? yeesh. you arnt going to make any freinds that way.

buddy, you wanna play skaven right you gotta horde it out. take enough blasty/shooty to keep your opponent honest, but dont overdo it. take a look at my list in the batrep section. that's what a skaven army is supposed to look like.

you got no leadership. no bsb, a few shooting units, and you are relying entirely too much on magic, one bad roll will sink this list.

two ogre units suck, one casualty results in a panic check. the globideers are too big. make them 6 at the most. the Banner of Burning Hatred makes you do a full march move 1/2 the time. it's a liability. where are the slaves? giant rat packs? the only way you win is by blasting the crap out of the enemy. there's no movement there, no strategy... why dont you just go play 40k.

skaven lists like this make me ill.

fubukii
09-03-2009, 08:16
- drop all of the rat ogres (these guys dont break ranks more like cause your ranks to flee. Easily fled off the table or panic'd and horrible in combat)
- Grey seer can not have storm daemon its a skyre item only.
- 1 problem is that one of your cheap clanrats block has 2 characters thus making it no longer cheap, i suggest getting a 4th block of the rats, by dropping the monks down in size., as said before they actually arent good in combat but i may suggest keeping them just to keep the censer bearers.
- drop pistols off warlocks
- drop 1 ratling gun
- Give 1 warlock the warpston charm, preferably the one with the storm daemon so he gets a reroll.
- make posion wind globes smaller units if you insist on keeping them, i find they almost never do anything even in massed numbers (for example 20 it takes 20 pwg shots to on average kill 5 knights not including randomizing hits for combat, not to mention thier range is horrible)
- Add 3 21 man slave units with musician at least i prefer to max these guys out
- add 1-2 units Gutter runners with posioned hw and tunnel
- if you insist on keeper the PCB, raise them to 7-9 strong
-Note ratling guns can be picked out now and are alot of pts just something to be cautious of.
- i would not give my warlocks more then 1 extra token. Having 3 tokens nets a 50% chance to roll a one and take that wound, along with the chances of miscasting and taking a wound and the ever more likely chance of warp lightning hitting yourself id say all 3 of your locks will die by the end of the game at their own hands.
- Give the greyseer a ward save or regen! I prefer the tenberous cloak for the 3+ward save vs shooting and magic (keeps him safe from his own warped lightning)
- Add a WLC, screen with 3rd night runner unit

Xynok
09-03-2009, 22:24
This list needs a lot of tlc. Not nearly enough rats, too many guns. Ogres are useless. Drop as much of that crap as you can and invest in clanrats and slaves. The meat and potatoes of a rat army are the core troops... the copious amounts of 2 or 5 point models you can field. My 1k list has pretty much the same amount of actual troops layered into it. This is a skaven army that could be outnumbered (that is a BIG no). Honestly I'm not going to pull it apart anymore but remember to lose the fluffy and shooty things (ogres especially will let you down, I know they're cool but not worth it) and simply get your slaves, giant rats and clanrats up

Adam87
09-03-2009, 23:07
do you really mean that?

this list is ass. been done to death. thirteen magic dice, and 3 ratlinguns? yeesh. you arnt going to make any freinds that way.

buddy, you wanna play skaven right you gotta horde it out. take enough blasty/shooty to keep your opponent honest, but dont overdo it. take a look at my list in the batrep section. that's what a skaven army is supposed to look like.

you got no leadership. no bsb, a few shooting units, and you are relying entirely too much on magic, one bad roll will sink this list.

two ogre units suck, one casualty results in a panic check. the globideers are too big. make them 6 at the most. the Banner of Burning Hatred makes you do a full march move 1/2 the time. it's a liability. where are the slaves? giant rat packs? the only way you win is by blasting the crap out of the enemy. there's no movement there, no strategy... why dont you just go play 40k.

skaven lists like this make me ill.

Most of the list I play are balanced list that have abit of everything but Im sick of getting blasted away by 14 power dice hell cannons and shooting so was thinking I would do the same.

Adam87
09-03-2009, 23:26
After taking in everything that was said I have come up with a new list.

Grey seer, eye of the horned rat, tenebrous cloak.

290pts

Warlock engineer, warp blades, warp energy condenser, warp power accumulator, 1 warpstone tokens, storm daemon.

120pts

Joins one unit of clanrats

Warlock engineer, warp blades, warp energy condenser, warp power accumulator, 1 warpstone tokens.

95pts

Warlock engineer, warp blades, warp energy condenser, warp power accumulator, 1 warpstone tokens.

95pts

205ts

205pts

205pts

205pts

25 Clanrat slaves, musician

54pts

25 Clanrat slaves, musician

54pts

5 Night runners

25pts

5 Night runners

25pts

5 Night runners

25pts

5 Night runners

25pts

Im gonna use the night runners to block line of sight to my ratling guns.

10 Poisoned wind globadiers.

100pts

10 Warplock jezzails

200pts

That leaves me 70pts to spend. I dunno if I should go with more slaves or more magic items. Do you think the list is better or worse?

Bum
10-03-2009, 06:59
If your playing other power gamers, your list is ok. I'd drop 3 PWG and get a cannon.

If your playing normal people, Drop a lock, drop 2 rattling guns (good rule of thumb is ONE rattling/warpfire per 1000 points) bump the clanrats to 30.

Also, the list you have gets old to play fast. I've tried a super shooty army at 500 points (And as Skaven, you can get really sick with it at such a low point total) and I got bored with that after 4 games.

fubukii
10-03-2009, 10:06
- drop all of the wind globes
-Drop 1 ratling gun or 2
0Get the cannon(s) to kill greater daemons
- may want to add a dispel scroll or 2
- more slaves

all in all the list looks decent though

Xynok
11-03-2009, 00:05
Much much better... Looks more like a proper rat list now. A cannon wouldn't go amiss as the people above me have said. They're not all that predictable (obviously...) but they can punch big holes in things when they do work.

Xynok
11-03-2009, 00:09
Since I didn't actually put in any advice i'll say drop a couple of ratling guns as they just wont serve you for the amount there is (2 or 3 should be more than enough). Also 3 warlocks is pushing it so with the spare points throw in a cannon. As you will save on night runners because of how you want to use them, you could be adventurous and take some plague monks and some PCBs (censors).

Adam87
11-03-2009, 00:14
Im thinking about droping the champs in the clanrats so I have 110pts for the cannon. Im gonna give the wind globes a chance as I face alot of 1+ saves and things with high T. Thanks for all the help.

Xynok
11-03-2009, 01:30
I don't like champions in clanrat units anyway so probably a good move. I have no problems with globadiers. 1 last thing would be split your jezzails into 2 groups of 5. Other than that you should be ok :D

fubukii
11-03-2009, 12:23
champions in clanrat units are key to the skaven horde, being able to challenge and keep challenges away from your mages is a big step. In additon it stops characters from slicing your ranks up.