PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms Rumour

boogle
08-03-2009, 22:10
Was chatting with two of my good friends yesterday who also are ex staffers like myself and keep good contacts with current staff/managers and an interesting tidbit came up: Apparently after Skaven come out later on this year, Ogre Kingdoms are getting a book revamp HOWEVER it was said that they weren't getting any new models to go with the re-write, i find that hard to believe, but i do think that they may get a re-write like the Tau Empire book where they add maybe a new unit or two and then some more model options via direct sales.

Once again pinch of salt time, but this was the same guy who told me about the 40k baneblade, BFSP box contents and AOBR box contents months and months before they became common knowledge.

mr.kislev
08-03-2009, 22:14
i think tomb kings need an update before ogres

boogle
08-03-2009, 22:18
I agree, however if the Ogres are a 'quickie' update like the Tau were, then they could fit into the schedule anywhere and allow Tomb Kings to be worked on properly, or they could well be after Tomb Kings in a filler month

Desalbert
08-03-2009, 22:19
What about Beastmen? I fully demand my Beasts be give their just glory :P

the_under_empire_clan
08-03-2009, 22:43
beastmean are quite bad off right now but ogres are much cooler sorry beast's but im pulling for the ogre-write first
gosh i would be pist if i played beastmen sorry again dude

Mawchild
08-03-2009, 23:48
Would make sense Ogres the big lads are in need of little more than a tweak making them ideal as a filler. The models need little work except maybe the yetis and the rhinox cav are a ready made extra unit which already have a forgeworld range supporting them. A little tlc and some new characters and items perhaps (the armybook is pretty good as it is with plenty of fluff and artwork). It would require very few changes to ensure the OK will be able to hold their own again; which at the minute is becoming a bit of a struggle. This would free up far more time for races that need greater attention, especially with regard to new minis which at present look a little jaded and are largely metal. BoK, Skaven etc.

mweaver
09-03-2009, 00:22
What would be a lot of fun is a plastic man-eater kit with bits to allow you to make man-eaters in different styles (over-sized shields that could take Bretonnian or Imperial iconography, etc.).

Quetzl
09-03-2009, 00:30
I'm not sure about the Ogre's being released before the Beasts. I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the Beasts will follow the Skaven and bring up the rear for the rest of this year :D

Perhaps you're right on the idea of releasing a low scale amount of new models and literally keeping it to a new book release. But that's a missed opportunity in my opponion - surely they could go nuts and release plastic Ogre Rhinox Riders, make an awesome Stegadon type set out of a Scraplauncher... Heck, maybe expand on the Gnoblars arsenal. I think Ogre players will be much more excited if they were getting new toys to play with alongside a new book, rather than a well err just a new book that tweeks them a bit. ;)

But if at all then I'd say most likely we'll see it early next year, maybe after, maybe before we see the Tomb Kings. But of course this is all speculation and we could be entirely wrong! :D

Fanfan
09-03-2009, 00:42
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165385

Upcoming known army books (in order)
Skaven (july/august? 2009)
Beasts of Chaos (late 2009 / early 2010?)
Tomb Kings (late 2009 / early 2010?)

Army books just behind the horizon (order not known)
Ogre Kingdoms (early 2010?)

I don't see why the OK would go up two slots on this rumoured schedule. Before the TK I'd understand, especially if they're just a quick fix, but before the BoC? Nah, we've been aware of the beasts lurking near for some time now... And it would end the Chaos trilogy for this edition.

We want beasties!:evilgrin:

boogle
09-03-2009, 00:55
Well, it wouldn't suprise me either way, althought personally i agree with Beasts being redone sooner rather than later as they have 'lost' 3-4 units to the Warriors list and over half their magical equipment options as well

GodlessM
09-03-2009, 01:05
Release schedule is set right now and Ogres are a long way away yet I'm afraid.

redben
09-03-2009, 01:12
I'm not sure why GW don't do something like this for all their army books. Maybe a year or two after release when there's been time to see just how the army plays they should go back over it and clean it up. Re-write it to take into account the FAQ's and errata's, re-cost troops which are clearly over or under-priced and make redundant troop types which people never use more attractive.

D-N-Angel
09-03-2009, 02:04
Well ogre kingdoms may be a way off but I have heard somthing. A area manager was in our local GW shop not so long ago and he loves ogeres, they are his nomber 1 "fun" army (no one uses them competativly) and he mentioned being at lunch with some of the design studeo and he tried to get some information about the ogre kingdoms and got a few ideas they were throwing around, nothing officail just ideas that they have for the next ed of the book. They are as follows.
1) Iron fists give an extra attack and a 6+ armour save.
2) Core choices will be cheaper by around 5 points.
3) Only need 3 ogres for a rank bonus so units of 6 will give you +1 combat rez. This rule didnt make it into last edition but was shown in the pictures (go look I'll wait)
4) Rinoxes will be charicter mounts. And they WANT to do them in plastic but what they want model wise isnt what they always get.

I hope this helps dont go off my word but this guy has not steered me in the wrong direction as of yet. About 90% of what he told me about WoC came true. And about 60% of lizards so you take this as you see fit.

xowainx
09-03-2009, 09:19
This would be great if it was true, as there's always a small part of me worried that my Ogres will go the way of Dogs of War/Chaos Dwarfs/Squats. I remember when the rumours about Tau Empire started to surface many people were surprised, so fingers crossed it's the same. As people have said, they really don't need much in the way of model support (plastic Rhinox riders would be the only thing most people would request) and so it could be a quick one to bang out while their staff work on other projects that need more attention/resources. Fingers crossed!

xowainx
09-03-2009, 09:22
I'm not sure why GW don't do something like this for all their army books. Maybe a year or two after release when there's been time to see just how the army plays they should go back over it and clean it up. Re-write it to take into account the FAQ's and errata's, re-cost troops which are clearly over or under-priced and make redundant troop types which people never use more attractive.

Because people would never buy the original Army Book then, they'd just wait for the redux version before starting an army which would ruin their business strategy as it would take longer to recoup their investments into new sprues and molds.

Captain Cortez
09-03-2009, 09:49
Well ogre kingdoms may be a way off but I have heard somthing. A area manager was in our local GW shop not so long ago and he loves ogeres, they are his nomber 1 "fun" army (no one uses them competativly) and he mentioned being at lunch with some of the design studeo and he tried to get some information about the ogre kingdoms and got a few ideas they were throwing around, nothing officail just ideas that they have for the next ed of the book. They are as follows.
1) Iron fists give an extra attack and a 6+ armour save.
2) Core choices will be cheaper by around 5 points.
3) Only need 3 ogres for a rank bonus so units of 6 will give you +1 combat rez. This rule didnt make it into last edition but was shown in the pictures (go look I'll wait)
4) Rinoxes will be charicter mounts. And they WANT to do them in plastic but what they want model wise isnt what they always get.

I hope this helps dont go off my word but this guy has not steered me in the wrong direction as of yet. About 90% of what he told me about WoC came true. And about 60% of lizards so you take this as you see fit.

This sounds about right for the new rules. However the new Ogres need:
1.Cheaper and more survivable Man Eaters
2.Please have Yhetees have something that protects them from missle fire or have a high toughness.
3.Big names should be tweaked and have them separate from magical equipment.
4.Giant to get back stubborn:eyebrows:
5.Hunters are useless right now.
6.Slaughtermaster should be a lord choice please:angel:

Its great that Ogres are getting some rumour tidbits. I'm a fellow Ogre player that might need to dust off thee Ogres after all.

Gharof von Carstein
09-03-2009, 09:50
god i hope they redo ogres :) iv been wanting that for ages now! hope they become way more competitive :D

redben
09-03-2009, 11:07
Because people would never buy the original Army Book then, they'd just wait for the redux version before starting an army which would ruin their business strategy as it would take longer to recoup their investments into new sprues and molds.

Without people buying and playing the book there would be no revised book as there would be no issues arising from the playing of the army.

Anyone who wanted to play the army wouldn't wait two years to do so and would start it in the knowledge that if it is underpowered this will likely be dealt with (and vice versa, most people play their army because they like it, not because it is cheesy and a revised addition would remove a lot of the embarrassment of playing their favourite army).

At worst the people who buy every army book, even the ones they will never play and collect, are the ones who will hold off buying the orginal army book but because there'll be a constant stream of revised books then they'll still be buying the books on the some rotation. They won't even have the opportunity to wait two years to buy the first of the revised books because GW won't give us two years notice.

Gazak Blacktoof
09-03-2009, 11:30
I simply hope they retain the dogs of war element. Some upgrades here and there and a fix for the bull charge so they're not just a "poor man's bretonnians" would also improve the army.

I can see why they might not release any models for the army as the current versions are fantastic, except for the yhetees who are a massive disappointment considering the splendid concept art. However, GW's MO is to use new army books and codexes to spark interest in new waves of releases. I can't see them going to the effort of developing a new army book without producing at least one new line of models- I think the Tau mini-release that coincided with a re-write saw the addition of 3 new units; piranha, vespid and drone snipers.

They're one of four armies that is in need of an update so I'll be happy if they get one sooner rather than later.

redben
09-03-2009, 11:37
Given GW's recent policy change of releasing second wave models then they already have a built-in minitiatures release for any revised army book.

Voodoo Boyz
09-03-2009, 11:42
One can only hope that GW manages to fix the inherent problems with the Ogre's; but that's not going to be easy given their refusal to let go of specific rules implementations (ie. all Ogres = WS3).

One thing I can hope for is a bump to LD8 for all Ogres and merging the Bulls & Irongut entries.

D-N-Angel
09-03-2009, 12:18
This sounds about right for the new rules. However the new Ogres need:
1.Cheaper and more survivable Man Eaters
2.Please have Yhetees have something that protects them from missle fire or have a high toughness.
3.Big names should be tweaked and have them separate from magical equipment.
4.Giant to get back stubborn:eyebrows:
5.Hunters are useless right now.
6.Slaughtermaster should be a lord choice please:angel:

Its great that Ogres are getting some rumour tidbits. I'm a fellow Ogre player that might need to dust off thee Ogres after all.

I agree that man eaters should be cheaper. At the momet im using my ironguts as chaos ogres and maxing out on them =D the only way to have an affective ogre army at the moment.
And FYI slaughtermastes are lords ;D

Gharof von Carstein
09-03-2009, 12:39
ogres need higher WS for sure. they fight constantly how can they have the same amount of weapon handling as a skeleton!?! another thing i would like to see is Ogres getting their magical weapons and banners tweaked. some of the banners are ridiculously stupid. i mean whats up with that frost resistantance banner???

Gazak Blacktoof
09-03-2009, 12:44
ogres need higher WS for sure. they fight constantly how can they have the same amount of weapon handling as a skeleton!?!

They don't. Skeletons are weapon skill 2.

I don't see ogres as being particularly skillful, they're large, clumsy and aggressive which is going to make them easy to hit. I'd rather see them have an extra attack than an additional point of weapon skill.

Chakax
09-03-2009, 12:49

Since they've finally answered the issue with bigger bases in units of rank and file, it would be nice to see 40mm units get +1CR for 3 models, globally.

Avian
09-03-2009, 13:06
Rank bonuses for Ogre-sized units going 3 wide is a red herring. Due to the cost of Ogres compared to how well they fight, it NEVER pays to rank up instead of either 1) going for a wider formation, and/or 2) splitting the unit into two separate ones.

It would be completely useless for them, so there are heaps of other things that should be higher up on your wish list. ;) A better Bull Charge, for example.

Regarding the basic Ogre statline, I don't think that is going to change, but Ogres in the Warriors of Chaos book are noticeably more cost effective than those in the OK book (re-roll panic and heavy armour for the same price as a Bull).

eagletsi1
09-03-2009, 14:27
Just bring back what was play tested originally when the ogres we coming out.

1) Giant can be affected by Butcher magic (hence the reason it was a slave giant)
2) Ogre Clubs add +1 strength
3) Ogre Ironguts are 4 WS.
4) Ogre Bull Charge is 5 Strength Unless a character has higher.

That would make me happy.

Voodoo Boyz
09-03-2009, 14:58
Avian has got it spot on.

I'd never buy a "rank" for my Bulls, or any other unit. It's better to have yet another unit to bait/flee with or use as a flanker.

Now if some of the other changes were done as it's been suggested:

Remove distance restriction for Bull Charge

Ogre Clubs add +1 Strength - This would make Bulls actually worth it.

Ironguts as WS4? I'd be staggered to see this. Well at least if they were WS4 and stayed Core, there'd be even less reason to take Bulls than there is now (which admittedly is pretty damn small as it is).

I'd rather see Bulls get a LD bump and get the option for Great Weapons/Heavy Armor, then having WS4 Iron Guts as Special would work out better, if they were needed at all.

Having a Bull Charge at S5? Really? I'd be happy with the range restriction being lifted rather than making it S5.

Lord Khabal
09-03-2009, 15:00
Quite frankly I think they (as all monsters - troll, dragon ogres, etc) should get the 3 model per rank rule (even if its not that viable gamewise), and the ranks would add additional impact hits to the charge (1d3 S5 impact hits per rank ?), and would work as long as they charged.

eagletsi1
09-03-2009, 15:08
Voodo,

With the Ogre Club adding +1 strength, Then the Ironguts using Great weapon need a boost and that is 4 WS.

When we play tested them way back when, they had this and too many people said why should Ogre's have a 4 Weapon skill they only bash things.

This is why they all have a 3 WS. The problem with this is when you do hit it should do more damage. I mean they are 7 feet or taller, so a 4 strength hit with a club just doesn't do it.

Anyway, after our play testing the Giant lost his ability to be buffed, all all ogres had 3 WS, since Maneaters had 4.

Arodan
09-03-2009, 15:16
I would like to see stronger Bulls but s5 with clubs would be too much i would rather see them cheaper.
s5 bullcharge would also be too much but a remove of the distance restriction would be appropriate.

And I like Gnoblars, give us another new unit maybe even someone like for example Karnak. (Char outside of the hero section)

thalamus
09-03-2009, 15:22
Give them just WS4. All ogres and no exeptions. That would make them more competitive.

eagletsi1
09-03-2009, 15:23
Why not re-roll of a failed Psychology test? (Like chaos)

That would help Ogre's a long way as now, panic from shooting is a huge issue.

Voodoo Boyz
09-03-2009, 15:40
The giant being buffed by Gut Magic is also one of those "meh" things. He's a Giant that's not stubborn, he's going to suck unless he gets that fixed.

Lets be honest here, if they give us Bull Rhinox, which would presumably be a Rare choice, then the default Rare Selection will be probably a Bull Rhinox and a Gorger (hopefully they make Gorgers a 2 for 1 choice).

As far as WS4 for Ogres, I think they should get it if they're going to be their own army, but I highly doubt that will be changed. GW likes to box itself into a corner with design -> rules implementations which then create fundamental flaws.

Dwarfs are M3
Ogres are WS3
Elves are T3

I don't see that changing.

Basically all I can hope for is the following if we're talking about a "competitive" list:

All Ogre units get a points drop (possible)
Ogre Clubs just give +1S, it'd be extra nice if they could be combined with Iron Fists with this too, but I doubt it.
Iron Guts remain Core as is, WS4 would be a HUGE boost if they got it. I doubt it'll happen.

Yhetee points drop and/or an increase in attacks or something would help them.
Leadbelchers get to shoot every turn and reduce the amount of hits on a misfire.

Scraplaunchers suck anyway; they'd need a lot of work before I even bothered with them. Right now I pretend they don't even exist in the armylist; can't even begin to think how they should be changed.

Add Rhinox Riders/Bull Rhinox to the main list. Mmm....rare large target, rank breaking monsters that are hard to kill. Yay, we can be up to par with other armies now. :P

Oh and hopefully we get to keep the Tenderizer. Such a shame that Bloodthirsters make him piratically useless in DoC matchups.

Urgat
09-03-2009, 16:04
Ogre clubs giving +1S is ludicrous, I'm playing ogres, and we don't need S5 across the board. The -1 armour save, applied to all the ogre weapons (normal, iron fist, great weapons, leadbelcher canons) with a point reduction would be quite sufficient and more sensible. Anyway, that's not rumours, so back to the OP, sadly, I don't believe this to be true, all the rumours up till now have pointed otherwise.

Gazak Blacktoof
09-03-2009, 16:51
Armour piercing across the board woud be quite a good rule. Ogres are large and their comparably large weapons are big enough to crush a man in armour. That would make bull charges quite a bit better without removing their current relationship to the strength of the ogre.

They certainly need an improvement to their psychology rules.

I'll stop wishlisting as well, until this gets moved to fantasy general.

Kyte
09-03-2009, 17:03
Things I find properly:

1) WS4 Ironguts
2) Better Magic Items
3) Rhinox Riders fixed and getting real plastic models
4) Bolt Thrower-type Scraplauncher added
5) +1S for Ogre Clubs
6) Slaughtermasters to be taken without tyrant in army.

Thanks

- Kyte

Desert Rain
09-03-2009, 18:51
I don't know much about Ogres but they really need an update.
Armour piercing sounds like a good rule for them, they are strong enough to bash you even if you're wearing armour.
Ironguts should have WS 4.

Malorian
09-03-2009, 18:59
Hurray, post 4000! ;)

I just think they should remove the minimum range and unit size for getting the impact hits.

Voodoo Boyz
09-03-2009, 19:14
I'd just like to say that I'd rather have Ironguts stay WS3 and Core rather than be WS4 and Special.

The 5 units of 3 Iron Guts I have modeled and painted ever so nicely would be rather pissed off if they were suddenly Special and competing with Yhetee's & Leadbelchers.

Nightsword
09-03-2009, 19:17
4) Bolt Thrower-type Scraplauncher added

When the ogres were in development initially, there was a prototype of one of these made. Who knows? :D

I don't really see the need for new ogre models, unless they do introduce new units. Though I have heard complaints about the gorger models...

Godswildcard
09-03-2009, 19:35
Even though the models are older, I still think they are some of the best in the game. That being said, Rhinox should be cast in plastic, and the book needs an update.

But please, please please don't update them before my beloved Tomb Kings if it means the Kings get pushed back even more!

Tokamak
09-03-2009, 19:58
Rank bonuses for Ogre-sized units going 3 wide is a red herring. Due to the cost of Ogres compared to how well they fight, it NEVER pays to rank up instead of either 1) going for a wider formation, and/or 2) splitting the unit into two separate ones.

It would be completely useless for them, so there are heaps of other things that should be higher up on your wish list. ;) A better Bull Charge, for example.

Well here's another red herring for you; ranked up ogres look BETTER. :mad:

brassangel
09-03-2009, 20:02

That would cause a horrible drop in sales during the initial release of an army, as well as a dump in available resources if GW had to release everything twice.

The problem is R&D. In a game like Magic: the Gathering, for example, there are almost never balance issues or "power creep" issues, because R&D play-tests the heck out of a set before it's released.

ogres need higher WS for sure. they fight constantly how can they have the same amount of weapon handling as a skeleton!?! another thing i would like to see is Ogres getting their magical weapons and banners tweaked. some of the banners are ridiculously stupid. i mean whats up with that frost resistantance banner???

They are weapon masters who practice their art thoughtfully, like say, the Elves. They are clumsy, angry, probably weak in the stamina department, and probably don't have the mental capacity to retain certain types of training, or problem solving skills.

An extra attack would probably be best.

EDIT: Someone already said that. D'oh...

Ozzy Orc
09-03-2009, 20:03
Hmm..

Ogres:
Lower cost
Str5 (club)
Re-roll psychology
Armour piercing
Bull charge str5
LD8
WS4
One(1) more attack
Less wounds on a missfire (leadbelchers)

You must be kidding..
Really.. O&G, they don't have WS4, LD8 or Str4(5), re-roll psychology.. Core units..

Lower cost, bull charge (fix it abit), Yheeties (Give some kind of armour maybe?), some better banners and some magic items

Thats works fine with me.

Voodoo Boyz
09-03-2009, 20:05
Hey now, lets just state for the record that you took every suggested fix in the thread and lumped it together.

Some changes should be done, not all (though that would be sweet ;) ).

I think re-roll psychology is only mentioned because Chaos Ogres get it and cost the same as normal "Bulls".

eagletsi1
09-03-2009, 20:10
As for Ogres getting the Bull charge no matter what range they move. I think this is wrong. heck I love it when an enemy moves close to stop my bull charge, I just prepare a nice flanking bull unit to charge at the same time my Ironguts charge. Take this away and unit will stay away thus making it harder to get flanks.

The bull charge on more than 1 occasion has allowed me this bonus, plus it forces your enemy to think about protecting the unit that moved close to prevent the bull charge.

1) I still go with +1 Strength for the Ogre Club (bulls would be 5 strength and WS3)/ Ironguts would be 6 Strength and WS 4.
2) Giant can be affected by Ogre magic
3) Bull charge 5 str

This would almost instantly fix the list and IMO not make it over the top. This changes are needed as Ogres have no ranks and also usually don't get look out sir roll either.

Bael
09-03-2009, 20:55
3) Rhinox Riders fixed and getting real plastic models

It would be great to see Rhinox riders made official, and plastic models would be great. They would have to look very different to the FW ones as plastic models cannot have any undercuts, hence why fur molded in plastic doesn't look great compared to resin/metal.

Urgat
09-03-2009, 21:09
When the ogres were in development initially, there was a prototype of one of these made. Who knows? :D

I don't really see the need for new ogre models, unless they do introduce new units. Though I have heard complaints about the gorger models...

I see the need for three:
Gorgers, because the model is awful (for me, one if not the ugliest model GW has ever released)
Hunter, because even if he's nice, his sabretusks are awful too :p
And the scraplauncher, not because it looks bad (it doesn't), but because assembling it is hell.

I think re-roll psychology is only mentioned because Chaos Ogres get it and cost the same as normal "Bulls".
I understand that it might appear unfair, but still, that's a chaos thing, I don't want my ogres to have that. A point decrease is better (and, looking at all the new books, it's pretty obvious that is going to happen anyway, no real need to ask for that :p)

aka_mythos
09-03-2009, 21:09
I didn't think the Ogres were old enough to get another iteration of their army book yet, but it sounds interesting. With the better plastic technology a Rhinox would be easy. I think it'd also be interesting to see them get something in the same size as the Stegadon in size... maybe a bigger Rhinox or Rhinox bull or something.

Uukrul
09-03-2009, 21:49
The problem is R&D. In a game like Magic: the Gathering, for example, there are almost never balance issues or "power creep" issues, because R&D play-tests the heck out of a set before it's released.

I use to play magic the gathering pro for a little bit. You always had to buy all the new cards every set then make a new deck just to keep doing well. The whole idea of magic the gathering is an giant power creep that goes on forever. Not to mention the whole only the 3 newest sets are aloud so you have to get rid of cards too. Err sorry rant off I just got into warhammer to get away for all the Magic BS.

Voss
09-03-2009, 22:13
Thats OK, this isn't a rumor thread anymore. Its a pure wishlist.

Chainaxe07
09-03-2009, 23:13
Hmmm...no new models? So we'll have to stick to silly fat ogres?
No gorger lord?
No ogres that spend their time pumping iron rathen than eatin and sitting?
Booooringgggggggggggg!

dannyfave
10-03-2009, 01:20
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but I think that if they do this there will be a removal of the dogs of war rule.

Avian
10-03-2009, 16:09
I think that is a given, considering the removal of any and all references to DoW in the army books these last few years.

The Exiled One
18-03-2009, 22:28
thanks Boogle...
you are my lord...:)
you gave me an hope to see my army redone in a short time...
does anyone can confirm these rumours?

boogle
27-03-2009, 00:53
The only confirmation i have is via staff who i have known really well for 10 years.

Captain Cortez
27-03-2009, 01:35
I hope the rumour is true because Ogres Kings is my main army.

Strange that Ogres would be before Tomb kings though:eyebrows:.

I just played a game with my Ogres against lizardman yesterday. Let me just say that with my 3 butchers I was only able to cast 1 spell because of that darn Slann. Stegadons are a pill also.

StarFyreXXX
27-03-2009, 01:45
I don't play ogres, but i just hope they do the following:

* slaughtermasters = 1 lord choice instead of 2 (i am sure they will as 2 lord choice characters don't get used as often and thus sales aren't as high for them)

* i hope FW rhinox cav become a rare choice in the actual army (maybe make them a bit weaker accordingly) but the models exist, they are cool, use them! (i believe all armies should have options and coolness that chaos gets!!!) hehe

* give ogres ranks with lower amt of models

Sanjay

Mercules
27-03-2009, 03:10
* give ogres ranks with lower amt of models

Why would I spend 105+ points to gain 1 CR? A 210 point unit is 1 CR more effective than a 105 point unit and a lot less effective than 2 105 point units, one in the flank.

O&G'sRule
27-03-2009, 14:36
I don't play ogres, but i just hope they do the following:

* slaughtermasters = 1 lord choice instead of 2 (i am sure they will as 2 lord choice characters don't get used as often and thus sales aren't as high for them)

Sanjay

They don't count as 2, its just that you have to have a tyrant aswell
What ogres need is rid of gnoblars and magic items that aren't a joke e.g immune to ice magic for 60pts, wow thats a useful one

Ironguts
27-03-2009, 15:00
I dunno, some people swear by gnoblars.
A mate of mine pointed out how you can hide your whole army behind a single line of gnoblar fighters to nerf your opponents first round of shooting before reforming the gnoblars out of the way.

selone
27-03-2009, 15:29
Unless of course, they squabble.

Anyways I like gnoblars :)

Keller
27-03-2009, 16:03
I've always been a fan of gnoblars, especially the trappers. But I agree, OK magic items are terrible, by and large. Good thing they don't need them to be good!

Talonz
27-03-2009, 21:10
ME WANT OGRES!!!!

Ahem. I like the army. I wrote 12 pages worth of suggestions and the rationale for them and sent them off to GW a month ago. Cross your fingers.

Captain Cortez
27-03-2009, 22:02
Make the Gnoblar army list legal again:p;).

Yeah Gnoblars surprisingly do very well. I've had a WoC player almost pissed his pants when he charged my 6 ranked Gnoblars on a hill. I killed 2 knights:angel:

Trappers are kinda a hit and miss for me. You can have 30 Gnoblar unit for the same price as of 10 trappers.

Mercules
28-03-2009, 00:39
What ogres need is rid of gnoblars...

Sacrilege! I love my Gnoblars. Who is going to pop their head up at the wrong time and take a Great Sword to the head for my Tyrant? Who is going to harass a unit of Cav and march block them for me if not my Gnoblar Trappers? Who is going to make Giants watch there foot steps if not my Gnoblar Fighters?