PDA

View Full Version : In Need of a Ruling

Champion89
09-03-2009, 04:35
I have asked this once before and get a few mixed answers so I wanna try again.

If I have a unit of shadow warriors in my high elf army and I have placed Alith Anar (lord with bolt thrower bow) in their unit during deployment can the shadow warriors target one enemy unit while Alith Anar targets a different unit?

I dont have a rule book but I couldnt find the answer while I was at my friends looking through his.

EldarBishop
09-03-2009, 04:46
Not sure on the specific rules regarding HE units.

However, (IIRC) attached characters and the unit they are attached to, have to shoot at the same target.

Neckutter
09-03-2009, 04:58
he shoots at the same unit, unless he leaves the unit. then he will get PWNED by opponent's shooting/magic. :)

Braad
09-03-2009, 08:07
Indeed. Characters in units shoot at the same target as the unit. They need an exception to do otherwise (I think in the empire book there is one, I believe with the hochland long rifle). If there's no exception, then you shoot at the same thing.

Gazak Blacktoof
09-03-2009, 10:08
The shooting rules you're looking for are on pages 25 and 26 of the rule book, the character rules start on page 72.

When a character joins a unit he is part of that unit and subject to the same effects and must move and fight with them. There are no general exceptions to the rules on page 25 and 26 for characters within a unit.

As already noted the hochland long rifle does allow you to pick a different target, that exception is specific to the empire book though. There may be others, but none that I can think of at the moment.

Chicago Slim
09-03-2009, 11:18
Wood Elves a spite that explicitly can target separately from the unit -- and, in fact, from the carrying model's other shooting attacks!

garythewargamer
09-03-2009, 15:35
I looked at the book but am still confused. Therefore this thread seems to be the prefect place to post it.

If a shooting character joins a RBT or warmachine can he shoot at a different target. I seem to have read that somewhere but now I can not find it. Too much information in this mash of a brain.

theunwantedbeing
09-03-2009, 15:51
Page 85, Under the heading Characters, third paragraph.