PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Custodes in Kill Team?

Damage,Inc.
10-12-2005, 17:04
I've been inspired by the Adeptus Custodes convertions by Dave Taylor but don't want to do an entire army. KT seems to add the right level for an elite squad of the Emperor's Guardians conducting investigations and covert operations.

So, give me some ideas for scenarios and campaigns that the Custodes might send a small unit to. I can see maybe some sacred relic or tome that must be returned to the catacomb library on Terra, or perhaps they are tracking down leads on a threat to the Emperor. Perhaps some psychic threat to the Astronmonicon?

Khaine's Messenger
10-12-2005, 17:28
Custodes must travel through a secret passage to abduct the Abbess of the Brides of the Emperor to convince her to end Age of Apostasy. Along the way, ancient horrors dating back to the DAoT, and lurking since the Heresy, await, and the Brides of the Emperor and Imperial Guard manning the inner sanctums are going to be confused as heck to see strangers in the place....

That alone could probably entertain for weeks as you do spinoffs of "what could have been"--say, a Custodes direct attempt on Vandire's life. Not to mention all the previous stuff about the secret ways of the Terran subsystems.

Damage,Inc.
10-12-2005, 18:17
Sounds pretty interesting. I'm not big into SoB fluff and don't know a lot about that event, but it might be worth looking up.

Marikano
10-12-2005, 20:37
Maybe a series of scenarios taking place during the Horus Heresy and the Siege of Terra. Teams of adepts must sally out to sabotage the traitor armies beyond the walls, fight off small teams of infiltrators that penetrate the palace or investigate and purge heretics from within who are attempting to summon daemonic entities into the midst of the loyalist stronghold.

brother_fandango
10-12-2005, 20:47
oh, i got one. there is word of a fallen primarch (to a second founding chapter) within striking distance or terra. being covert, he lets none know he is there, save for the easily brainwashed. the emporers high court trusts no one save for his protectors, and when asked, the custodes will do anything to bring honour to themselves and their emperor.

CELS
10-12-2005, 20:52
Brother Fandango; No offense, but I recommend that you read up on the Primarchs and the Adeptus Astartes :D

Another scenario could be that the webway under the golden throne has opened, and now the Custodes have to fight their way to close it :rolleyes:

Good idea though, Damage Inc. I'll try the same with my small team of Adeptus Custodes, once I finish them.

Damage,Inc.
10-12-2005, 21:29
I had an =][= plot line way back that was never used, but it involved a Custode finding out the Emerpror was actually dead. His entire world was shattered as his whole life had been devoted to the Emperor and protecting him and he went insane and rogue. An Inquisitor was brought in to track him down, but secretly the Inquisitor would be killed by the Custodes in the end to keep the informaiton safe. Not sure how to make it into a KT campaign, but might be worth a try.

Tastyfish
10-12-2005, 22:53
Set it during the Heresy where they are the bodyguards of the Emperor, rather than protectors of the Golden throne. Long as Tau stay out of it (though could take Kroot mercs though) shouldn't be a problem.