PDA

View Full Version : 2K of Beasty Vampires

Repsajanus
09-03-2009, 18:38
After a nice game against my brother with my DE against his VC I've come to like them. Ever since he used a Lord on Abyssal Terror I've been trying to make a list with him for my brother.
I've been playing with the idea to use him in a nasty combo with 2 Varghulfs! So this is what I've come up with :

Lord :
Vampire Lord, Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Blood Drinker, The Flayed Hauberk, Wristbands of Black Gold, Mounted on Abyssal Terror
51O pts

Heroes
Vampire, Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls, Power Stone and Dispel Scroll 190 pts
Vampire, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Power Stone and Dispel Scroll 190 pts

Core
14 Ghouls + Crypt Ghast 120 pts
14 Skellies + FC and Warbanner 157 pts
25 Zombies + banner 108pts
2x5 Dire Wolves 80pts

Special
5 Black Knights FC Banner of Strigos, 195
5 Fell Bats 100 pts

Rare
Varghulf 175
Varghulf 175

Total : 2000 PD : 8 DD : 6

The Lord is simply a killing machine, Red Fury and with 4 rerollable attacks he'll kill pretty much anything! The 2 other Vampires are pretty basic and add a solid anvill by buffing the 2 units to 20 or more.
A Varghulf is nasty, 2 even more! Together with the DW they take one flank, the other is for my fell bats, Black Knights and the lord will be wherever his killing power is most needed.

I think this list is competetive, but that doesn't mean I think it's invincable. What would you do to improve this list (or beat it)?

Malorian
09-03-2009, 18:58
You have a lot of different units which is good to see, but even with all the protective gear you gave your lord, I still don't like the idea of your general flying around.

Would make for a fun game to be sure.

EldarBishop
09-03-2009, 20:33
Yeah, VC Generals really shouldn't be out there looking for fights... they are WAY too important.

In a 3k game, go nuts since you can have two lords.

CaliforniaGamer
09-03-2009, 20:46
the sad thing is at 510 points, or more than 25% of army list, this VC lord is barely less than a Thirster with Obsidian armor and hatred gift at 525 yet is far more fragile, less hitty and if he dies your army crumbles.

Repsajanus
09-03-2009, 20:46
Well if you don't try something new you'll never know how it will perform... And I saw the same Lord rape through my DE lines killing my men and drinking their blood...
To use this guy effectivly you really need the bats to take out bolt throwers and other war machines.

Anything you would change to the list, I'm still pretty noob to the game (playing for 6 months now)? So any advice that keeps the lord on his mighty beast of corruption would be welcome! :p

W A L 5 H Y
14-03-2009, 00:15
Hmm its not balanced at all man. Drop the fell bats and black knights and get some grave guard in there. Then you can go for the summaning infantry aproch (the one i favour)

The two vargulf are good,fun and than. But i wouldnt rule out a black coach, one of the most fun things to use in WHFB IMO.