PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2k list

Elblanco
09-03-2009, 22:36
Well I haven't been playing for too long, and this is my first fantasy army.

Heroes:
Gor-Rok x1

Skink Chief x 1
shield, light armor, Burning blade of chotec, shield of the mirrored pool

Core:
Saurus Warriors x15
Spears, shields, champion, standard, musician

Saurus Warriors x15
Spears, shields, Champion, standard, musician

Saurus Warriors x14
Spears, shields, Champion, standard, musician (Gor-rok is joining this unit.)

Skinks x 15
Brave, standard, musician, 2 Kroxigor (Chief will join this group)

Special:
Temple Guard x 10
Revered Guardian, standard, musician, Blood Statuette of spite, Totem of Prophecy

Cold One Cavalry x8
Champion, standard, musician, Huanchi's Blessed Totem

Rare:
Ancient Stegadon
Either 2 blowpipes or an engine of the gods, not sure which i should go with.

That comes to 1990 i believe. Let me know if there is anything i shoud add or take out, critique is welcome of course. And yes i know it's probably a noob army so let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Wolf 11x
09-03-2009, 22:49
I will reply to your choices below in italics:

Heroes:
Gor-Rok x1

Gor-Rok isn't worth his points in my eyes. Simply make your own Oldblood since it seems you don't like magic.

Skink Chief x 1
shield, light armor, Burning blade of chotec, shield of the mirrored pool

These points could be better used elsewhere. Either give him the Stegadon War-Spear and put him on an Ancient Stegadon, or put him on a Terradon, perhaps with the Sword of Might

Core:
Saurus Warriors x15
Spears, shields, champion, standard, musician

Saurus Warriors x15
Spears, shields, Champion, standard, musician

Saurus Warriors x14
Spears, shields, Champion, standard, musician (Gor-rok is joining this unit.)

I think all of these units are too small to even warrant command. I would combine them into at least two of 18 or 20.

Skinks x 15
Brave, standard, musician, 2 Kroxigor (Chief will join this group)

I don't like these units at all. Not being able to turn could be devastating. I'd add Skirmishers instead.

Special:
Temple Guard x 10
Revered Guardian, standard, musician, Blood Statuette of spite, Totem of Prophecy

Too many points into 10 models. I would switch them out for something else entirely.

Cold One Cavalry x8
Champion, standard, musician, Huanchi's Blessed Totem

Drop these to 5. Personally, I would lose the Champion / Musician.

Rare:
Ancient Stegadon
Either 2 blowpipes or an engine of the gods, not sure which i should go with.

In order to have an Engine of the Gods, you need a priest. Otherwise, he gets 2 Giant Blowpipes.

The list isn't a bad part, but here are my major changes:

1) Switch Gor-Rok for an Oldblood, consider at least a Cold One mount.
2) Lose the Skinks and trade them for Skirmishers.
3) Combine the Saurus into bigger units
4) Lose the Temple Guard.
5) Add a priest with the Diadem and a Dispel Scroll, preferably on an EotG. You need some magic defense.
6) I would add some Salamanders.

Elblanco
09-03-2009, 22:57
Well I DO like magic, i just don't want to add any yet. maybe in a bigger army or just if this army doesn't fair well. Some of what I have is due to financial constraints, so I have yet to build this army yet.

jigplums
10-03-2009, 10:05
i think very strongly that at 2000pts you need some magic, even if just for magical defense. In fact i consider a minimum of 2 lvl2's both with dispell scrolls at 2000pts and then you probably still might have a worrying time if your opp has alot of magic.

Lizardmen have some really strong magic, and some really strong magical defense. I think you quickly find out that you need some magic to make the army work.

If your not going to take a slann don't bother with templeguard as i think the point would be better spent on either more saurus for the same points or something else entirely.

Chakax
10-03-2009, 13:35
I believe you need 8 skinks per kroxigor, so that unit needs to be 16.

Wolf 11x
10-03-2009, 13:37
In fact i consider a minimum of 2 lvl2's both with dispell scrolls at 2000pts and then you probably still might have a worrying time if your opp has alot of magic.

That is rather excessive. Everything I've read online indicates that 2 Dispel Scrolls and 5 Dispel Dice are ideal. I run 6 DD and 1 Scroll and I haven't had any trouble lately. You just have to understand that certain spells will go through and that is quite alright. You don't have to dispel everything. Besides, the game is funner when casters get to do something. :D