PDA

View Full Version : Death Skullz Preferences

mooserehab86
10-03-2009, 01:55
During my most recent game, against a Death Skullz Ork army, I tank shocked a unit of Kommandos and my opponent elected to do Death or Glory. The Nob got a penetrating hit with his power klaw, and rolled a 6 for "vehicle explodes." This got me thinking, what would a Death Skull rather do: wreck/incapacitate a vehicle and loot it after the battle, or experience the typical Orkish joy of destroying said vehicle in a spectacular explosion?

PondaNagura
10-03-2009, 02:11
why can't he do both?
big vehicle goes boom, and next thing you know he has some shiny, slightly burned, suit of 'eavy armor, maybe even get a promotion

CommissarKlink
10-03-2009, 02:16
Also, death Skullz are actually more superstitious than most orks, so they probably trust that sort of thing to fate. Whether it blows up or not is "da will uv Mork (or possibly Gork)" and thus if it did explode it probably wasn't worth looting intact anyway.

MrGiggles
10-03-2009, 02:25
To that question, I would have to answer 'Yes'

ctsteel
10-03-2009, 11:49
Let's take this one step further - would a Death Skull ork feel differently about being tank shocked by a blue tank (eg ultramarines) versus another colour? Would they be more likely to fall back, believing that the tank's "luck" will prevent it from being destroyed?

Moriarty
10-03-2009, 16:11
Or, indeed, whether he would be _more_ inclined to slug it out, as a blue tank would be a lucky 'victim' for him?

See. Lots of people disparage Orks as unthinking vandals. We can do cultured enquiry, too.

Of course, for preference, it's WAAAARGH!

PondaNagura
10-03-2009, 16:33
i suppose if the big blue tank ended up thumpin da nob, the other boyz, might consider it the bigger boss and follow behind venerating it.

Seth the Dark
10-03-2009, 18:09
There was a reference in the Apocalypse: Reloaded book with he Loota Krew datasheet where it says that Lootas don't get along with Tankbustas since they believe that it is better to Loot a tank than destroy it.

dal9ll
10-03-2009, 18:17
Well sometimes looting an enemy tank and destroying an enemy tank are the same thing!

Sheena Easton
10-03-2009, 20:58
A proppa Death Skull would do both! Especially if it was painted blue.

Seth the Dark
10-03-2009, 23:10
I'm pretty sure that a Deathskull would use anything left on the battlefield and if it worked, all is well!

TrojanWolf
11-03-2009, 01:46
Smash it now, get da mek ta fix it later. Da mek will make it Orky and propa.