PDA

View Full Version : Stormlord Rules Updated?

PumaKiller
10-03-2009, 05:26
I'm looking at picking up one of the new Storm Lords and I have the rules for it in Apocalypse Reloaded but while the model clearly has a hull mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolters and two Heavy Stubbers at the pack neither of these are actually listed in it's rules. Since the rules came out before the model is it a case of them deciding to make it different and are their newer rules for it somewhere or some of my tanks guns just for show?

jeffersonian000
10-03-2009, 06:59
GW messes up quite a bit with their rules not matching their fluff, and to even further confuse their customers, they provide pictures that are neither supported by the flkuff nor the rules. Its an age old issue that fuels these boards. The thing to remember is, the rules override all else until an erreta or FAQ is released; everything else requires opponent permission. So, use the rules as written and work out the other details with your opponent.

SJ

Spacker
10-03-2009, 08:41
A new datasheet has been posted on the GW website for it, however it's still missing the 2 heavy stubbers at the back :rolleyes:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440066_Imperial_Guard_Datasheet_-_Stormlord.pdf

IJW
10-03-2009, 11:27
The thing to remember is, the rules override all else until an erreta or FAQ is released
Or, given that it's an Apocalypse game and you're automatically conferring with the other players beforehand, you simply re-write the datasheet to match the model using that handy blank datasheet that's available on the GW site... :D

The-Malefic
10-03-2009, 11:34
A new datasheet has been posted on the GW website for it, however it's still missing the 2 heavy stubbers at the back :rolleyes:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440066_Imperial_Guard_Datasheet_-_Stormlord.pdf

With the option to buy stubbers from the guard dex. Doesn't actually say you have to only buy one of each upgrade. ;)

pablofiasco
10-03-2009, 11:41
With the option to buy stubbers from the guard dex. Doesn't actually say you have to only buy one of each upgrade. ;)

hehehehhheeh,
i can see it now, someone drops a stormlord on the table, and nearly every upper surface has a heavy stubber glued to it
"well i just thought since it was an anti-infantray weapon that it needed more dakka"

Bjorn Hellhammer
10-03-2009, 12:52
It actually says on the options part of the data sheet that Hvy Stubbers are part of the options, if you can be b...

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
10-03-2009, 20:37
There are problems with the Stormsword rules too. The twin-linked heavy bolter is an ungrade of the hull mounted heavy bolter which isn't mentioned in the weapons which come as standard. So technically you cannot do the upgrade.

But with these datasheets we should use some common sense on these.

SupremeCommanderNyuSan
10-03-2009, 20:49
I am also really annoyed that i can't have my shadowsword have targeters without sidesponsons. but i want sidearmour 14, too! that was possible in IAA.
can i still claim to use IAA rules? would make sense since my stormblade is IAA.