PDA

View Full Version : Special Character Unit Champions

TheDarkDaff
10-03-2009, 06:43
Are named Special Character unit Champions (like Kouran, Tullaris, Karanak & the Changeling) considered to be Characters. Most unit Champs are not characters but these seem to be a bit of a special case.

nosferatu1001
10-03-2009, 08:31
They are not Characters, as they are not stated to be (e.g. assasins) or come from the hero / lord selection.

Unfortunately killing Kouran doesn't help you with an EotG roll ;)

Gazak Blacktoof
10-03-2009, 11:11
They're named champions or "special champions".

I'm not sure if in the new books there's even a special character category they're just characters with names, I can't see a special character category in my dark elf book.

EvC
10-03-2009, 13:37
The main rulebook has a section on special characters, although these named champions still do not count as characters, no.

Deacon Bane
10-03-2009, 21:54
The named champions in the DOW ROR are considered Characters.

Braad
11-03-2009, 07:13
The DOW have a specific ruling that their named models are characters. However, nowhere does it state in the first place that these named models are considered champions of any sorts, they are true characters. And since this ruling is a DOW rule, it only applies to DOW, it doesn't apply to other armies.

Hmmm... this makes me want to use the screamin' sword against an army of ROR :D

Aceious
11-03-2009, 15:00
DOW of rules are different. Ever notice how many people say that Chronicles rules are unofficial yet a bunch of them have the "official rules" stamp on em?