View Full Version : 2000 point Lizardmen

Teri-Hxlac
10-03-2009, 08:28
General

Slann + Rumination + Mystery, BSB (350)

Heroes

Skink Chief on Stegadon (290)

Core

20 x Saurus warriors, spears, Banner and Musician (258)

20 x Saurus Warriors, spears, Banner and Musician (258)

10 x Skinks (50)

10 x Skinks (50)

10 x Skinks (50)

10 x Skinks (50)

Special

16 x Temple Guard, Musican and Standard (277)

3 x Terradons (90)

Rare

Ancient Stegadon (275)

Total = 1998

Trying for a more shooty Lizardmen army with some heavy support units to handle melee and cleanup with a moderate magic presence, suggestions are welcome and encouraged

jigplums
10-03-2009, 09:56
skink skirmishers IMO are much more suited to a shooty role as they can always all fire, which is pretty useful as you want to get the maximum out of them. Plus they are more manauvreable as well and can screen other stuff without later screwing you over.

your temple guard are the ideal size, but i wonder with saurus if they really need to be that big. I'd tempted by the idea of 12 man units myself with banner and musician with the idea being they would flee if anything too threatening came their way, hopefully rallying next turn and letting my other units charge and get side charges etc.

im not sold on terradons in the new book and for me in a shooty list would expect to see chameleon skinks instead.

Also razordons and salamanders are missing from the army. the models are so cool and fit in with your shootyness that i think a unit of each would go nicely....probably meaning that a 2nd priest on steggy would have to make it into the list.

anyway theres some food for thought, let me know how the army goes for you and if anything ive said help......all shades of awesome

Chakax
10-03-2009, 13:34
Units of 10 skinks? What do you plan for those? I'd drop 1 and make a couple of them skirmishers for harassment, baiting etc.

Any reason why your Saurus don't have spears?

Teri-Hxlac
10-03-2009, 18:08
Updated List

General

Slann + Rumination + Mystery, BSB (350)

Heroes

Skink Chief on Stegadon + Blood Statuette of Spite + Bane Head (330)

Core

15 x Saurus Warriors, Spears, Musician, Standard (198)

15 x Saurus Warriors, Spears, Musician, Standard (198)

10 x Skink Skirmishers, Javelins (80)

10 x Skink Skirmishers, Javelins (80)

Special

16 x Temple Guard, Musican, Standard (277)

5 x Chameleon Skinks (60)

Rare

Ancient Stegadon (275)

2 x Razordon Hunting Packs (150)

Total = 1998

A little more shooty now, and a little more maneuverable, any other thoughts or improvements?

Spirit
11-03-2009, 01:21
While i do love javelins, unless firing at skirmishers or units on cover, blowpipes are much better on skinks. I use 10 of each in my list, one to annoy monsters and one to go for annoying skirmishers/ flankers.

Took down a giant with 10 blowpipes today, 8 poison from 20 shots!

Why no put the skink chief on the ancient stegadon and buy the regular stegadon as a special choice. Also, buy the chief a weapon, spear is good for the S5.

This gives the chief a 2+ save, and although the steg loses an attack, the S6 combined with the better save is good if your hero hunting, which i assume you are.

Also, seeing as the ridden steg gets Ld7 stubborn, it makes sense to put it on the most expensive one.

As good as chameleon skinks are, 3 terradons are better. I would find 30 points and get some. You will soon find that these things are invaluable. 3 terradons on the board mean ALL mages have to go in units, and many things will just disappear when you drop rocks (such as those pesky alter kindred)

Thoughtless
11-03-2009, 02:06
What are you going to do if your opponent takes a mage?