PDA

View Full Version : Emperor titan in apoc

a squig
10-03-2009, 11:08
Over on Bell of lost souls they rumour that in the Apoc data sheets there will be one for an Impertor titan.:eek:

Yes rules for an impertor titan, at around 4000 points what do you reckon it will have? at that points cost i dont think it should be as hard as portrayed in the Fluff. In titanicus It still took shedloads of punnishment even after its void sheilds went down.

I think this may be Gw going a step to far, for a start in 40k scale it would be about 6ft tall, apart from dressing up random members of my gaming club. Its going to be a bit big for a table its hardley a "miniture" at 6ft. If they release data the impertor what about a mega gargant etc, it will turn Apoc into just titan battles. :rolleyes:

In my mind if you want to use impertors etc. play epic, epic is a good game and designed to for titan battles.

Sorry if this sounds a bit "Rant-ish" but i feel Gw may be loosing the plot a bit, i like impetors i think they are kool but dont fit "normal" 40k games.

Col.Gravis
10-03-2009, 11:10
It's already available for download, it's no rumour.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440056_Imperial_Datasheet_-_Emperor_Battle_Titan.pdf

Darnok
10-03-2009, 11:11
Go check the GW site, especially the Apocalypse datasheet section. The Emperor Titan is already there, must be a few days by now.

I won't comment on the "usability" of it though, that depends too much on your local gaming group.

Edit: Damn, beaten to it. I'm getting old and slow...

a squig
10-03-2009, 11:18
:eek:What thats stupidly overpowerd 8 super heavy wepons for 4000 points 8 void sheilds and 12 struture points, you will need at least 8000 points to take it down without getting vaporised 1st turn. Then when it blows up it vaporises the rest of your army, well done GW a new all time low.:mad:

Sureshot05
10-03-2009, 11:20
Considering one of the few rules for apoc is WYSIWYG I doubt that anyone except that infamous French team are going to be fielding it.

And even less the odds of someone walking into the store with one (well, maybe along side one having a few beers... :wtf::evilgrin:). Personally, I love that they put it out there, its fun, absurd, and perfectly over the top. I really would relish a game against one if my opponent put one together, but I honestly can't see it any time soon.

Though now people really can re-enact every bit of the Heresy as the last playing piece is here.

pookie
10-03-2009, 11:26
:eek:What thats stupidly overpowerd 8 super heavy wepons for 4000 points 8 void sheilds and 12 struture points, you will need at least 8000 points to take it down without getting vaporised 1st turn. Then when it blows up it vaporises the rest of your army, well done GW a new all time low.:mad:

Nothing forces you to play apoc, and certainly not against a Imperator.

but as its actually out there ( ie epic/canon ) why shouldnt GW make up a data Sheet? seems like a fun idea to me, even if it is undercosted for what it is :evilgrin:

all i say is, that if someone wants to use one for a Apoc game against me, they better have the Model :D

a squig
10-03-2009, 11:34
Nothing forces you to play apoc, and certainly not against a Imperator.

but as its actually out there ( ie epic/canon ) why shouldnt GW make up a data Sheet? seems like a fun idea to me, even if it is undercosted for what it is :evilgrin:

all i say is, that if someone wants to use one for a Apoc game against me, they better have the Model :D

Dont get me wrong I love Apoc it lots of fun but i think the Reaver is the upper end of playable Apoc battles, i just think its a step to far. The Sheer bonkerness of some Apoc fomation are silly but not OP and fit in great.

if it was at least 7000 i would be more happy. I hope to see a mega gargant and some realy big Nid's appear soon then :)

Filthy O'Bedlam
10-03-2009, 11:46
I like it, it's not like you're going to be seeing it at tournaments. The scale on that Datasheet is all wrong though, an Imperator is MUCH bigger than that,

Lord Damocles
10-03-2009, 11:53
The scale on that Datasheet is all wrong though, an Imperator is MUCH bigger than that,
Emperor titans have repeatedly been stated as being around 40m tall.

Apparently, that picture puts it at about 50m.

Dakkagor
10-03-2009, 11:58
*laughs*

considering the wysiwyg requirements of apocalypse I'm not too worried. Any sane person would make the imperator the point of the whole scenario (and the fact that it can't target anything within 36 inches of itself makes it very vulnerable to tank hunting units loaded with meltas. About 30 fire dragons with exarchs loaded into waveserpents, using strategic redeployment to get under the envelop of its guns? Someone want to do the math on that?)

Infact, scalewise, I'm glad becuase its been scaled down from the utter madness of the epic version. Bravo GW! The titans can do with being cut back down to size.

Give us the capitol imperialis next, and more ork gargrants! We, the public, demand it!

pookie
10-03-2009, 11:58
Dont get me wrong I love Apoc it lots of fun but i think the Reaver is the upper end of playable Apoc battles, i just think its a step to far. The Sheer bonkerness of some Apoc fomation are silly but not OP and fit in great.

if it was at least 7000 i would be more happy. I hope to see a mega gargant and some realy big Nid's appear soon then :)

oh i agree in a way with what your saying, but i still think that as its actually out there i dont think theres owt wrong with it, tho the points i agree on, should be way much more than it is, but if your gaming group happens to have lots of titans already, why not face off against one of these? and yeah, there should be the Mega Gargant too, after all its the Orky version of the Imperator!

as for Nids, i dont think they have anything of that size do they? just something Reaver class and Warlord class equivelant in size?

RCgothic
10-03-2009, 12:02
Yeah, It's massively undercosted. It should be up around 10,000pts. I don't think the Apocalypse Rules really work terribly well for titans. Structure points don't really seem to do anything bigger than a warhound justice.

IJW
10-03-2009, 12:05
i just think its a step to far.
You're aware that it's substantially less powerful than it's Epic incarnations, aren't you? ;) Can anyone say '18 structure points and an anti-aircraft mount Defence Laser/Volcano Cannon'?

The scale on that Datasheet is all wrong though, an Imperator is MUCH bigger than that,
Cue endless arguments about Titan scales... :(

For what it's worth, the silhouette shown is the plastic Imperator model from the Titan Legions box which was around 13cm tall, making it 22x the height of the 6mm infantry models. Oddly enough, the infantry silhouette in the datasheet is about 1/25th the height of the Titan.
Given that all the other GW datasheet scales have gone from the model sizes, it's no surprise that this one does too...

Warsmith Tharak
10-03-2009, 12:07

Kill it or neutraliser it with a gargantual creature or another super heavy walker or 2. It cant kill things as good in close combat as it does shooting. It migth not kill it (depending on what you charge it with) but you will stall it for a couple of turns... terminators with chainfist are a good suport to your super heavy.
Like almost all the other datasheets (I feel) that the key to having a fun battle is to talk with your oppendent first. If anybody would just show up with an Imperiaitor they would have a good shans to win, but if the said: next apoc battle I am going to have an Imperiaitor, then they would build theyr armies to kill it and I think the battle and pts cost of the thing is about right...

a squig
10-03-2009, 12:29
yeah a fexs with possibly 16 st 10 attacks will chop its legs off at the ankle as long as you can get there. I do have enough cc monsters to take one out but the last time i took the reaver it vaporised 1/2 of my army ;) :(

yeah i dont think that the nids have anything empertor sized, but a mega-gargant would be fun. yeah there are alot of titan of various shapes in my local area and i dont reckon it will be long before someone tryes to make an empertor.

also is there 2 types of big titans, the Impertor and Empertor or are they the same thing?

IJW
10-03-2009, 12:31
The Imperator is an Emperor-class Titan.

Lord Damocles
10-03-2009, 12:32
also is there 2 types of big titans, the Impertor and Empertor or are they the same thing?
The Emperor is the class of titan - in the same way that Warhhound, Reaver, and Warlord are all titan classes.

The Imperator is a certain pattern of Emperor titan.
The other main pattern is the Warmonger (support role)

a squig
10-03-2009, 12:39
The Emperor is the class of titan - in the same way that Warhhound, Reaver, and Warlord are all titan classes.

The Imperator is a certain pattern of Emperor titan.
The other main pattern is the Warmonger (support role)

ah thanks i thought there were more than one class. ;)

Born Again
10-03-2009, 12:41
Meh, seems ok to me. In all honesty I doubt anyone will ever really use one unless it's in a stupidly large game, but it's a fun thing to have nevertheless. Looks about right in terms of killiness (technical term :p ) and the Titanic tread rule is a cool touch.

pookie
10-03-2009, 12:42
ah thanks i thought there were more than one class. ;)

nope, but there are two version of theEmperor, The Imperator, and The Warmonger being the other iirc.

Bjorn Hellhammer
10-03-2009, 12:45
I love these forums, but there are too many people who just want to whine about GW. Any way, if there were no rules then I bet there would be a huge winge too. What's wrong with having rules for stuff, just because you think that a Reaver is too high end does mean that we have to put up with not having gucci gear. Nice to have rules for the Warlord too.

BTW, the Imperitor has been built and done really well.

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/search?q=titan

All I can say is well done to those that have the guts to go beyond the yawn, and put some good stuff out, rather than whineing like spoilt brats.

a squig
10-03-2009, 12:52
nope, but there are two version of theEmperor, The Imperator, and The Warmonger being the other iirc.

yeah sorry thats what i mean.

bjorn hellhammer- the old well known phrase: if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all, applies here.

Yeah that model is realy rather kool, and would be amazing to see but my point was if it going to played it should be alot more points, as others have agreed with.

what would a mega gargants stats be like then i wonder.

Bjorn Hellhammer
10-03-2009, 13:24
@ a Sqig, all I've seen in this thread is basically negative. I would like something positive to come from these threads, other that the usual.

I don't see a problem with the points cost, at two Warlords. If you're going to go the distance to build one of these babes then you probably have a bucket full of other stuff as well, and probably would look at playing games of 10,000 pts plus to balance things out.

As for the Mega Gargant, it would come out as roughly two thirds of an Imperitor in power. Thats from my bad memory of the Adeptus Titanicus box set. To stay with the fluff as per Imperitor, it would have bucket loads of lesser Mega/Ordinance weapons. I do agree in no small part that there are not enough non imperial S/Heavies, but at least there has been a starting point made. Give it some time, and hopefully some more stuff will head our way.

The Clairvoyant
10-03-2009, 13:38
yep, what we need is a Squat Cyclops.

On a slightly related note, i don't know whats in epic 40,000 as i used to play the previous incarnation Space Marine / Titan Legions, but isn't the newly released ork stompa more like a slasha gargant (minus the belly gun) than a stompa? It seems far too big to be a stompa.

genestealer_baldric
10-03-2009, 13:43
i think its just a case of people getting a bit annoyed by GW producing things that look cool but ruin the game. Granted the idea of impertor striding about an apocaplyse game sounds realy kool and make kool images.

Gamewise if only one side has one it makes the sole objective kill the big stompy thing, rather than missions it limits the game. But GW is trying to supersize everything in 40k to much resulting in large battle with less skill and who can roll the most dice.

yeah i would love alot more super heavys for other races, but it wont happen for a long time i think.

Industrial Propaganda
10-03-2009, 13:44
BTW, the Imperitor has been built and done really well.

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/search?q=titan

It has been done yes...

But really well ??? A question of taste. It looks like a playmobile lego duplo toy... :eyebrows:

Lord Damocles
10-03-2009, 13:45
isn't the newly released ork stompa more like a slasha gargant (minus the belly gun) than a stompa? It seems far too big to be a stompa.
The current 40K stompa is far larger and more heavily armed than most 'in scale' pictures* of stompas (note that the scale of Epic models isn't necessarily accurate - just look at the size of the Knight Titans (9m apparently)).
Since it lacks the belly gun as standard, I try to imagine them as Mekboy Gargants which were reasonably small, and pretty tooled up for their size (shields etc.).

*White Dwarf 249 (pg.71) shows a stompa as about 4-5 times the height of an Ork boy, and armed with a cannon and chain-weapon.

IJW
10-03-2009, 13:47
The Clairvoyant - current Epic has Stompas which are about the same as they were in 2nd edition Epic (a larger non-superheavy tank), plus Super Stompas which are a bit smaller than the old Slashas, something like the Mekboy Gargant.

Apocalypse Stompas are about equivalent to Super Stompas/old Mekboy Gargants.

Kulgur
10-03-2009, 13:58
It has a minimum range of 36" for most of its weapons and no titan close combat weapons, equivalent points worth of close combat titans or bio titans would probably rip it in half. Heck a stompa has 4 str D attacks in close combat, that's probably going to cause problems

Kettu
10-03-2009, 14:19
I have plans (had for a while now) to just make the top castle piece of the Imperator Titan and base it as if the rest was buried in the ground (Collasped holding bay maybe?) that the Ad-Mech was busy digging up.

My local GW has even offered to help me if they get to keep it. (Yeah, ok :rolleyes:)

Lets see, Need plasticard, ply-wood, cardboard tubes, GW Admin building kit x12, Leman Russ Battle Tank x8, Baneblade x1 & More time then I have.

Phunting
10-03-2009, 15:13
i think its just a case of people getting a bit annoyed by GW producing things that look cool but ruin the game. Granted the idea of impertor striding about an apocaplyse game sounds realy kool and make kool images.

Gamewise if only one side has one it makes the sole objective kill the big stompy thing, rather than missions it limits the game. But GW is trying to supersize everything in 40k to much resulting in large battle with less skill and who can roll the most dice.Well ‘ruin the game’ is rather subjective isn’t it? I play to have an enjoyable experience evoking a sci-fi background. I couldn’t give a tinker’s cuss about the fact that it may be overpriced/underpriced or whatever. This is not something that’s going to turn up in a regular match ever, so what’s the problem? It’s going to be an enjoyable experience playing against something like that, doubly so because of the effort that would be needed to make one in the first place.

Personally I think the game is ruined far more by people continuously following the false prophet of ‘game balance’ to the extent that whenever GW comes out with anything that is slightly imaginative people are up in arms, despairing at the thought it may impact on their precious ‘win ratio’.

a squig
10-03-2009, 15:23
GW comes out with anything that is slightly imaginative people are up in arms, despairing at the thought it may impact on their precious ‘win ratio’.

But the empertor titan is not new or imaginative, its just whats the biggest badest most dangerous thing ,they can twist there mind to. What next? a nuke on legs... hang on super heavy explosion that cover 8d6 inches. :rolleyes:

iam in favor of more game styles to provide the diffrences and new fun challanging aspects of the game rather than who has the biggest guns. Wining or losing is not the be all and end all, its a game at the end of the day with the purpose of fun.:p

Suspicions
10-03-2009, 15:34
Hear Hear! It's simply that those who complain are the most vocal, those who are totally ripped and ecstatic about inventive new stuff coming from GW are less liable to post about their positive feedback.

The entire point of Apocalypse is massive and "unbalanced" games with datasheets like this one. It's not a game you play to beat in your opponent's face and stand over his bloody remains in triumph. Apocalypse is a story-based, cinematic experience. I must honestly wonder if those who complain about Apoc have bothered to build a full Apoc game from start and complete it to finish using all 9 steps laid out in the Apoc rulebook. Those who simply refuse to are missing out and IMHO have limited imagination.

Long live the Imperator!

Bjorn Hellhammer
10-03-2009, 15:41
It has been done yes...

But really well ??? A question of taste. It looks like a playmobile lego duplo toy... :eyebrows:

Subjective yes, but I don't see you coming up with anything as impressive :wtf:. It's pretty much a scaled up version of the epic titan. The build must have been epic. Positive thoughts abound! :mad:

But the empertor titan is not new or imaginative, its just whats the biggest badest most dangerous thing ,they can twist there mind to. What next? a nuke on legs... hang on super heavy explosion that cover 8d6 inches. :rolleyes:

Wining or losing is not the be all and end all, its a game at the end of the day with the purpose of fun.:p

By that argument, lets drop marines, because they've been there from the start! Why not see it from a perspective other than your own. People don't want to pinned down to one method, take your argument far enough and you'll be playing snotlings vs nuglings.

I'm really glad that some have the vision to take stuff from the WHOLE 40K universe and bring it to 40k scale. What's the problem, chances are that you'll never see one. If one does turn up you don't have to play against it, nobody is going to force you to have a little fun :cries:. Lets have big centre pieces, apoc is meant to be a game of sweeping scale.

Summary: Titan is great, would like to see more willing people who have the balls to build cool mini's.

Hellgore
10-03-2009, 16:08
I think this is great stuff.
We already played 50000 Points games over a weekend, including 4 baneblades, 2 warhounds and a thunderhawk. It was helluvafun. And that's what apo is meant to be: fun. Some people around here seem to take that WAY too seriously. Just imagine: The Imperator is killed by the assault-termie-apo-datasheet-unit with lysander - and good ol' lyssy would be the only one surviving the megaexplosion - That makes for weeks of tale-telling.

Frontier
10-03-2009, 16:35
I thought it was a cool idea to make a data sheet for that thing. It was unexpected. Let's be honest though. The chances of actually seeing one of these in your game are pretty slim. Building one would take a lot of time/effort/money, that a lot of us don't have. I don't get the complaining about the sheet. I really don't. Sometimes I think fans of this game just need something to complain about.

a squig
10-03-2009, 17:03
Granted the likelyhood of seeing these things springing up is a low probabilty, but the original question of is this a design to far? still stands.

I agree with industrial properganda. Its allways been a butt-ugly model, the old model needs to be updated if it was to be made at that scale. i mean well done to whoever built that model according to its orginal incarniation, but modernising of it would make it look alot cooler.

granted a snotling vs nurgling fight would be funny but pointles. Its hardley the same, there is nothing else planet bound that can rival a emperor in power. its just another case of the imperium is the biggest and koolest thing out there, i want gw to share the rule of kool of big things to other races.

Ravenous
10-03-2009, 17:08
Actually its fairly easy to take down, just give me 5 baneblades in a steel fury company and some stormlords near it.

Storm lords take out the void shields and as long as I get 1 pen from the baneblade company its insta dead, then I hope I roll a 6 on the catrastrophic table and take out a 5 foot section of table, but its not needed ;)

5 Baneblades>anything in apoc

Russell's teapot
10-03-2009, 17:12
Yeah, It's massively undercosted. It should be up around 10,000pts. I don't think the Apocalypse Rules really work terribly well for titans. Structure points don't really seem to do anything bigger than a warhound justice.

The Imperator is obviously under costed. The datasheet should simply have the left the points value as OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phunting
10-03-2009, 18:29
But the empertor titan is not new or imaginative, its just whats the biggest badest most dangerous thing ,they can twist there mind to.Unfortunately that's because that's all we have left. When I was most enthused with the game WD and the Journal were constantly churning out the inventive and unusual to use in normal games. This was spurned in favour of constant tournament play (shudder), and so we got Apocalypse, which by creating a slightly parallel system it allowed once more the unusual to be fielded. The nature of the system just means the unusual is going to tend to be on the larger, bigger badder side.

In the end, nobody is forced into playing Apocalypse. All the tourney players can fight happily with the normal ruleset, whilst I'll be happy that GW is once again regularly producing something a bit different. Everyone's happy (you'd think).

You may not consider it new or imaginative, but fighting an Emperor class is new to me and certainly fires my imagination. Rather that than the same Space Marine army painted a slightly different colour week in week out...

Warforger
10-03-2009, 19:37
*laughs*

considering the wysiwyg requirements of apocalypse I'm not too worried. Any sane person would make the imperator the point of the whole scenario (and the fact that it can't target anything within 36 inches of itself makes it very vulnerable to tank hunting units loaded with meltas. About 30 fire dragons with exarchs loaded into waveserpents, using strategic redeployment to get under the envelop of its guns? Someone want to do the math on that?)

Actually, thats only for weapons mounted on the carapace, the arm weapons can always fire when in range (of course, that means 6 of its guns has a 36" range deficiency). Not to mention it can also carry people to assault your Fire Dragons (Although It would be comical to watch it assault as well)

jeffersonian000
10-03-2009, 23:51
I'm cool with the 4000pt cost, and it is definitely underpowered for its background, which I feel is reflected in the generally low point cost. My only issues are the typos in the datafax: is the Doomstrike missile launcher barrage 5 or 10? There is a Vengence cannon on the carapace in the picture but not as a carapace option in the stats; is it there or not? And it appears that the fire pionts only face forwards, backwards, and to the right (no firing to the left!); are these firing points limited to 1 shooter each (BRB), or do we follow the Stormlord example (counts as open topped for embark/disembark, 20 out of 40 models can fire from the fire point) and allow up to 26 models to fire everywhere but left?

Personally, I'm going to model the legs with shooting galleries on all sides and armoured hatchs everywhere for rapid egress. I'm also thinking on putting a Vengence cannon as a fix weapon on the carapace with 3 mounting points for other weapons on each side, just because I think that's cool. I'm going for the modern battleship look, with slab sides and armour turrets.

SJ

ChaosBeast
17-03-2009, 18:33
yeah a fexs with possibly 16 st 10 attacks will chop its legs off at the ankle as long as you can get there. I do have enough cc monsters to take one out but the last time i took the reaver it vaporised 1/2 of my army ;) :(

yeah i dont think that the nids have anything empertor sized, but a mega-gargant would be fun. yeah there are alot of titan of various shapes in my local area and i dont reckon it will be long before someone tryes to make an empertor.

would a norn queen be the right size?
and its an imperator and a warmonger, they are pretty much the same just with different weapon load outs

bocaj
17-03-2009, 18:48
Emperor titans have repeatedly been stated as being around 40m tall.

Apparently, that picture puts it at about 50m.

do you mean the model or the real thing

x-esiv-4c
17-03-2009, 18:59
really?

The real thing of course.

Vaktathi
17-03-2009, 19:03
In all honesty, the rules for the Emperor Titan are pretty naff, In terms of effectiveness its closer to being worth 12,000 points easily, not the paltry 4,000 they stuck it with.

It's really not something that should even be attempted unless playing a game designed around it.

cuda1179
17-03-2009, 20:46
12,000? Surely you are kidding? If the Warlord is only 2,500 this thing CAN NOT be 12,000. It's not 5 times as effective. I'd probably put it at around 5,000.

StarFyreXXX
17-03-2009, 20:53
I prefer the artscale of the titans, where the warlord on the cover of ARMAGEDDON's rulebook is easily 20+ stories tall. (pic here: http://www.ifelix.co.uk/images000/epicarmcover.gif)

Anyways, i always thought the Ordinatus were more powerful than even Emperor titans...is this not the case?

The space ships are the most powerful i would imagine, right? the stuff in gothic?

Sanjay

Idaan
17-03-2009, 23:01
Ever heard the term "artistic licence"?

Vaktathi
17-03-2009, 23:59
12,000? Surely you are kidding? If the Warlord is only 2,500 this thing CAN NOT be 12,000. It's not 5 times as effective. I'd probably put it at around 5,000.

I'd put the Warlord as closer to 8k as well.

Take 8 Baneblades (4000pts) or any variant thereof against an Emperor Titan, and they are going to get stomped.

Unless facing 4000pts of other titans or heavy anti-vehicle weaponry (and even then my money would be on the Emperor), there isn't even a chance.

All of those huge multi-shot blast D strength weapons that autopen with a +1 on the damage chart and inflict instant death with no armor or cover saves allowed are simply way too strong for their points. I've played in games where such units are used. The entire game becomes about the Titan rolling dice, and everything else being removed from the table. When your 7" D blast clips 3 tanks witha 50% chance to kill each even if front armor 14, or hits multiple heavy weapons squads that just evaporate, you start to see how powerful such titans are.

Games really need to be built around such units. If you want one on the table and you want something more than a model removal session, games with big titans (warlords, etc) need to be planned out in advance and have something reasonable to oppose them.

woodenpickles
18-03-2009, 00:25
someone said that now we have everything we need to recreate the heresy...what about the rest of the primarchs and the big E. Also this monster is not the nastiest thing out there...a Chaos Emperor Titan is way worse.

The_Outsider
18-03-2009, 00:34

Play DE - 4K points of ravager hunting packs will turn that into mush in short order.

gigglyjoker
18-03-2009, 00:49
Dressing up people as Imperator Titans. LOL.

Hmmm...a new use for girlfriends!

Koryphaus
18-03-2009, 00:52
Add to that, a new way to get slapped!

Ascendant Conscience
18-03-2009, 01:39
"My Lord, they have sent 4000 points of heavily armed, bipedal cathedral towards us! Whatever shall we do?"

"Don't worry son, Defence lasers are only 350 points each."

:evilgrin:

a squig
18-03-2009, 10:02
would a norn queen be the right size?
and its an imperator and a warmonger, they are pretty much the same just with different weapon load outs

Norn queens are ship based arn't they? unless there is one on the back of the dominatrix, but even then no nid are even remotley close to the imperator size.

the only problem with dressing my mates up as a tiatn they will allways try to make a stomp attack and get carried away and start running around the table ;)

TheOverlord
18-03-2009, 10:29
Quite frankly if they brought in an actual Imperator Titan fairness be damnned I want to see that baby in action!

-Grimgorironhide-
18-03-2009, 10:54
Regarding the imperators size I thought they were more like 80-100m tall.

I thought it went like (Info on wiki):
-Warhound: 10-15m
-Reaver: 25-30m
-Warlord: 40-45m

So since they are much bigger than warlords I asume they are much more than 40m.

Correct me if i'm wrong though.

cheers.

RCgothic
18-03-2009, 11:04
Your warhound numbers are about right, but the Reaver and Warlord are considerably smaller. FW's Reaver is the current canon for a Reaver Titan, being 23m tall in game. The warlord is only 50% more massive, so no more than about 30% taller. Imperators have been consistently stated as 40ish meters. The conflicting numbers come from artwork getting way out of hand, particularly the 'Titan, God Machine' graphic novels. Check out Lexicanum.

All the titans are undercosted, with the possible exception of the warhound. The Imperator, properly configured, can put out enough hurt to down three warlords in a single turn of shooting. If 3 warlords shot back, chances are the Imperator would be severely crippled.

The problem with Superheavies is that whoever shoots first wins. Perhaps there should be the introduction of a superheavy phase, where superheavies from alternate sides get to move/shoot/assault. That way superheavies could properly duel with each other without one side getting completely shot to pieces if they lost first turn.

fluffstalker
18-03-2009, 12:01
RCgothic, I agree with you on that, and I think the reason is rather obvious: 40k was never designed to be taken to such ludicrous scales. In 40k the turns system is already in favour of the shooty, add in stuff like Baneblades and Reavers and whatnot its massively dependent on who gets to shoot first.

im not sure what your suggesting about the phase though? Would it be like BFG wherein ordance is handled, and sides alternate each phase rather than running through an entire turn? Sounds like an interesting idea though.

Gir
05-10-2009, 14:57
The problem with Superheavies is that whoever shoots first wins. Perhaps there should be the introduction of a superheavy phase, where superheavies from alternate sides get to move/shoot/assault. That way superheavies could properly duel with each other without one side getting completely shot to pieces if they lost first turn.

That's genius. I'll try something like that in my next apoc game.

Thinking:
player 1's first turn: As usual, only moving and assaulting superheavies
player 2's first turn: As above
Superheavy turn: Players alternate firing their superheavies, starting with the lowest amount of structure points, and working up.

This would stop superheavies from vaporizing everything on the table in the first turn, and moving them as normal would stop army wide bottlenecks.