PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen these marines...?

Dazed and Confused
10-03-2009, 21:24
I am trying to choose a space marine chapter that people will actually be pleased or interested to see on the other side of the table,and based on my own likes I have come up with the following options- blood soaked, battle scarred Minotaurs, Flesh Tearers, Angels Sanguine or Black Dragons, or the remains of the Celestial Lions. Please vote for which you would be most surprised/pleased to see!

Warforger
10-03-2009, 21:27
Black Dragons, good opportunity for green stuff and conversions (there mutated and all)

sneb
10-03-2009, 21:28
I always like it best when someone has there own color scheme, some real interesting combos i've seen but if you want to do an already existing chapter I'd go with black dragons, they look cool, have cool fluff and alot of room for conversion ideas.

Vaders Jester
10-03-2009, 21:29
I agree, really liked the idea of the Black Dragons in the brief write up they've been given in some of the source books.

Hicks
10-03-2009, 21:33
Definitly Flesh Tearers. They were my first proper army for 40K and I still have a very soft spot for them. They have the coolest scheme by far and some very interresting background... if you are into crazy cannibal angels of death. :evilgrin:

Kalec
10-03-2009, 23:03
If you can paint an entire army with the Minotaurs color scheme, I would be more then impressed.

the1stpip
10-03-2009, 23:04
I've voted Black Dragons, again for the conversion, but painting a Minotaur army would be a total pain in the proverbial.

No-One
10-03-2009, 23:06
i voted black dragons but minotaurs would also be sweet

Sister_Sin
10-03-2009, 23:20
Minotaurs. That scheme needs the patience of a Saint...or something.

Sister Sin

W0lf
11-03-2009, 01:15
I really like flesh tearers

weissengel86
11-03-2009, 04:50
I say either black dragons or celestial lions. They both would be an interesting choice and probably more unique choice then most others. They both have great fluff. Im not sure where your heading though staunch loyalists or "loyalist" renegades perhaps. The Celestial lions would probably be renegades but definitely loyalists and no chaos influence at all. Maybe you could have them try to vindicate their name and expose the Inquistion agents responsible or something.

laudarkul
11-03-2009, 07:07
I would choose Minotaurs. They colour is striking and I'll be glad to see them in the other side of the table (of course playing guard this view will give me terror feelings since Minotaurs are close combat/assault squads chapter).

Explodingboy
11-03-2009, 07:44
Black Dragons, loved all the background that appeared for them during the Armageddon campaign. Plus its got allot of options in terms of conversions with there mutations.

second choice would be the Flesh Tearers, I always had a soft spot for them for no reason at all bar the chapter badge being a bleeding circular saw.

chrismp_123
11-03-2009, 07:47
Flesh Tearers or Black Dragons. Flesh Tearers are so freaking nice! Their fluff and everything is great!! The black dragons are cool as well but Im tired of seeing black armored space marines. If you are planning mass conversions then the black dragons, if not then go with the flesh tearers. Alot of peeps talk about the flesh tearers but there isnt alot that actually follow through. Hope that help a little.

TimLeeson
11-03-2009, 08:18
I've never seen a Black Dragons army. Ever. I love the weird bone mutation they have - certainly makes them visually interesting.

Count de Monet
11-03-2009, 13:34
Voted Minotaurs, but I'd be happy to see any of those. I've seen an Angels Sanguine army in person once, but that's it.

fluffstalker
11-03-2009, 14:06
Anyone have links to these colour schemes?

loveless
11-03-2009, 14:17
Minotaurs - I see the others too often.

@fluffstalker - check Lexicanum for information and colour schemes for these Chapters (I think they're all there, anyway).

Tulkas
11-03-2009, 19:11
*points to sig*

Need I say more?

Dazed and Confused
12-03-2009, 19:15
Wow, cheers for the response everyone. Looks like Black Dragons and Flesh Tearers edge it. I think I'll enjoy doing the black dragons most of all, if I can get my green stuff dragon-skin skills sorted! I was also looking at the plastic Black Ark Corsairs, lots of sea serpent imagery there I can hack at with a modelling blade. And modelling on the bone ridges and claws will be fun too, with dripping venom and whatnot.

Thanks for your help everyone, Black Dragons with BA list (dragon claws as death company) seems the way to go.

Hellfury
12-03-2009, 19:31
Since I will never likely see you across the table from me, why do you care what a complete stranger thinks about what you should play?

Eror
12-03-2009, 20:04
Where can I find pics of these marines ? :P Never seen 'em before but Black Dragons sounds interesting. (Maybe becouse their name Black like Black Templars ^^ )

golembane
12-03-2009, 20:13
The black dragons were always a chapter I wanted to do. using a bit of converting and the black templar rules, i think it could work out fairly well since the WD rules don't really apply anymore.

Dazed and Confused
12-03-2009, 21:24
Since I will never likely see you across the table from me, why do you care what a complete stranger thinks about what you should play?

Way to miss the point my friend!

Where other than Warseer could I get a feel for how gamers around the world view different armies? It's nice to have a unique army that opponents are pleased to see.

@Golembane, how come BT rather than BA?

de Selby
12-03-2009, 21:35
Indeed, if you have several chapters in mind it's nice to be able to do a straw poll to find out which one other people think is most interesting. I did the same myself. The BD certainly seem to offer the most options for converting.

In a similar vein, have you seen Hiveminion's dinosaur themed chapter?
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71180

And are you going to do your own plog?

Dazed and Confused
13-03-2009, 00:05
Indeed, if you have several chapters in mind it's nice to be able to do a straw poll to find out which one other people think is most interesting. I did the same myself. The BD certainly seem to offer the most options for converting.

In a similar vein, have you seen Hiveminion's dinosaur themed chapter?
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71180

And are you going to do your own plog?

That is awesome, very similar to the look i'll be after, although more mutation clearly. I'll try a couple of test minis, one minotaur and a black dragon, then try and thrash out a rough list, although this will be a modelling project more than a power-gaming one.

Yes, there will be a blog :chrome: