PDA

View Full Version : 750pts WoC (Beginner Inside)

Manta
10-03-2009, 21:52
Hi there,

Bored by my Space Marines, I'd like to re-enter the Warhammer Battle world with the evil WoC!

Im looking for a nice list, based on the Batalion figures, which seems to be a nice starter set...

I have two 750pts lists to comment where the main change is the Hero's choice, one is magic when the other has muscles!

1st 750pts List
Exalted Hero: Sword of Might + Shield -> 135pts
He joins the Warriors to give them a better punch!

12 Warriors: Banner + Musician + Shields + Halberds -> 222pts
The core of my army... I simply love them!

20 Maraudeurs: Banner + Musician + Shields + Light Armors -> 132pts
They give me the number and some bonus ranks...

5 Warhounds -> 30pts
Their role is to screen my Warriors or to take flanks!

5 Warhounds-> 30pts

5 Knights -> 200pts
My best crushers! In 750pts they can nearly destroy anything!

TOTAL= 749pts

For the second list, I droped the Exalted Hero and 5 Warhounds for Level 2 Sorceror with the Mark of Tzeench and a Power Familiar... I dont really know if he would join the Warriors or stay as a loner?

What do you think about the first list? Sorceror or Exalted Hero?

To reach the 1000pts I think I'll take both these Heroes and 5 Maraudeurs Horsement equiped with Flails, a Musician and the Mark of Slannesh... Great idea or not?

Thanks!

Malorian
10-03-2009, 22:01
The 750 list is a great one to start with. I'd avoid magic at <1500 though.

Sidorio
11-03-2009, 06:01
Very nice list actually. It's strong but not cheesey. I really like the list and it's the sort of list I'd use for WoC at this level of points. The battalion sets are really good for starting up an army.

Manta
11-03-2009, 10:55
Thanks a lot for your answers!

So I'll keep the Exalted Hero list cause my enemies could be Dwarves and magic seems useless against them, especially in 750pts!

What about the Horsemen with Flails and MoS to grab the 1000pts step? And a second Hero of course (What kind)?

Thanks by advance...

UltimateNagash
11-03-2009, 12:44
At 1000, expect to start seeing Wizards. Obviously, VC will use them always, but now is when people would start including them. I mean, I know I do ^_^

And Horsemen with flails and MoS can never go wrong ;)

Xynok
09-04-2009, 02:07
You can still quite happily have magic at this level. Rats use magic at 500 pts even, though it's not the best. Still looks strong to me nice

Dexter099
09-04-2009, 04:16
Marauders do great with Mark of Slaanesh. by the way, try to get a rendiong blade, as re-rolling wounds is always better than +1 Strength.