PDA

View Full Version : We like GW!

vinny t
10-03-2009, 23:09
It seems that all we get on forums like this are rants about how much GW is messing up everything. Let us not forget that GW is responsible for this game we know and love. A little bit of positiveness (I know, not really a word) never hurt anyone, so this is the place to put down why you like, or even not want to take a giant stick and shove it in GW's... Never mind. So, let the positive responses to GW flow, or trickle as the case may be.

Necrotyr18
10-03-2009, 23:11
This might be better suited in the forum "Other GW Dicussion".

slingersam
10-03-2009, 23:25
They make some of the most gorgeous model series
I've seen people make.

Asp
10-03-2009, 23:26
they make sure there's always more room in my wallet

selone
10-03-2009, 23:29
They created a game world I've spent a lot of years in :)

Foegnasher
10-03-2009, 23:29
GW is my pusher. he's funny, he's cool, he always seems to have a lot of friends.

but when it's time for a fix, it's always buisness.

zak
11-03-2009, 00:03
In there defence the prices seem to be more reasonable of late. I still couldn't believe the price of 5 plastic chaos knights! It's just beggars belief compared to the 40 for the Blood Knights.

Guardian_A
11-03-2009, 00:18
I've been playing the game for about 6 months now. I have 8 armies (About 30,000pts worth total.)and intend to start 4 more over the next year or so. I enjoy the game, I love the models, and I even have a full set of their paints! Warhammer as created a hobby for me that keeps me busy during my days off and leaves me with something nice to show for my time!

SuperArchMegalon
11-03-2009, 00:42
This might be better suited in the forum "Other GW Dicussion".

Ah yes, a very subtle attempt to undermine this effort of positive influence through politics! Nice try...

Though I would not be surprised if Vinny T was a GW employee, either way I can't help but agree with his sentiment. I approve of this message, the positive energy flow has ceased lately on the forums.

EDIT: I should add to Necrotyr18 that maybe this topic would be best suited as a sticky in all fantasy and 40k forums.

Condottiere
11-03-2009, 00:48
It's a love-hate relationship, or maybe co-dependency.

perrin23860
11-03-2009, 00:56
i just want to say how happy i am that there are up to date faq's on a timely basis. now i know that some of the rulings have caused some disagreements, but at least we have them. thank you gw!

also, the fluff is awesome and the models rock! woot woot!!!

tortoise
11-03-2009, 01:05
GW do plenty of things really well and plenty of other things really badly.

Personally I think that the Vampire Counts and Daemon armies heralded a real step up in terms of model quality, particularly in the plastics. I know a lot of people didn't like the Daemonettes but the casting itself was really crisp. More importantly the Daemonette box is the first time a plastic set has been released with no repeated parts. OK, so the heads kind of repeat ( same face, different hair kind of thing) but that is still a set where you get 10 torsos, all of which are actually individual. That's a great step forward in my opinion.

As far as the rules go people are right to complain. I think its foolish to write rules that have to retro-fit army books where points values are based on the previous set of rules.

40k is in an even worse state than Fantasy in this regard.

But still, I'm happy with the situation overall. The army books are good (in terms of backgrouns etc even if the lists are not well balanced) and there's certainly a higher ratio of good to bad models than there was 5 years ago.

W0lf
11-03-2009, 01:24
Aside from army book balance issues that scream wtf i like GW.

But common some things (Daemons book) beg belief.

Horus38
11-03-2009, 01:29
There are plenty of people who rant and whine about GW, but I've seen a lot of good things come out of their studios these past few years. They've definitely cleared the hurdle in my mind and are headed in a good direction.

JCOLL
11-03-2009, 01:43
Unlike many people on these forums, I have only dabbled in GW stuff for the last four years or so. I wish I had found it earlier, but such is life. About five years ago I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease and found myself sick a lot and not able to be as active as I was before I had it. I visited my local game shop every few weeks or so to get some new paints and a model or two, but at this point I was only painting Reaper minis - random stuff that I didn't use for any game system or anything. I just like to paint. I was bad at it, but have gotten really good since then. On one trip I bought a box of the five marines wanting to try out the GW minis that I looked at all the time and just thought it was too expensive for what I got. I opened the box and immediatley fell in love. Not to long after that was my B-Day and I got the 40k Battle for Macragge and quickly practiced my skills painting, modelling, and gaming. Ever since then I have gone Warhammer crazy. My living room table is covered in paint pots and half finished projects, my shelfs are full of unpainted and painted models, and my fiance still loves me even with all my plastic crap around :) I'm still fighting the Crohns Disease after a few surgeries and one that's coming up soon :( but I look forward to the fact that while I'm sitting at home healing I have tons of projects to work on and keep my mind off of how bad it hurts. 3 months off work to recover = 2 new armies? Yeah, sounds about right to me.

I can't stand all the GW hate out there. I always end up being the one to ask why people seem to hate GW but still buy and play their products still. It just doesn't make sense. I love my plastic crack, for better or worse. I understand it's an ever evolving project with rules rewrites and new minis. I'm grateful to have found something I'm good at (painting and gaming). And it's something that I intend to pass on to my children one day, making it a family affair. Just have to get my Fiance painting and playing... She tends to steal my paints...to paint her nails...but whatever. Small steps ;)

selone
11-03-2009, 02:53
Heya JCOLL sorry you have Crohn's, and sorry you have had to have surgery. It's no fun for sure. Glad you can continue to concentrate on the finer things in life, like GW ;)

Lazarus15
11-03-2009, 04:41
I hate my job, and only have it for another 10 or so months. After that I am going to take my degree and work for marketing sector of GW. I absolutely love the hobby and want to help spread that to newer hobbyists and veterans alike.

JCOLL
11-03-2009, 04:46
@Lazarus15: Were you hired by GW already or is this wishfull thinking? :)

souljaking09
11-03-2009, 04:46
they make the best futuristic wargame in the world. WH40K! I have never played a game, but the employees at GW taught me how to paint these minis.

CHECK THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE. BEFORE THIS I HAD NEVER PAINTED ANY TYPE OF MODEL FOR ANYTHING. I DID THESE BY MYSELF.:D

The Clairvoyant
11-03-2009, 09:28
I see a lot of talk about GW only being in it for the money, with the gamer being second place.

My first thought when i see such things is Warhammer World in Nottingham. A huge gaming hall, an opportunity to view the Eavy Metal teams work and all for the princely sum of absolutely free.

Only been there once but i was in awe of the place. And i'm going back in a couple of weeks to revel in it once more.

Nicha11
11-03-2009, 09:32
Here's to GW the only person in my life to be more addicting then WOW.

The only thing that keeps me on Ebay.

And if it wasn't for GW this site wouldn't exist, and "sniff" you know I love all of you guys (except you! you know who you are).

Crazy Harborc
12-03-2009, 01:26
I have and do enjoy GW's version of fantasy wargaming rules and minies. Been into WHFB since 4th edition was issued/published/etc. I have a large collection of minies used for WHFB. In 7th Edition I do have the armybooks for the ones I push across the table.

I have the ability to ignore the GW "Gotta buy it, it's new! Throw away your old rules, your old minies and buy, buy all new ones!

GW does a good job with it's products, with it's versions of whatever it sells.

Kronos
12-03-2009, 01:35
I like GW for gving me Nurgle :p

i aslo i like there high standard minis (especially there plastics).

I like alot of the background they create how names, creatures setting etc are linked to ancient mthology.

i love FW resin goodies, no matter how much hate they may get every now and then the detail in person is amazing.

empire guy
12-03-2009, 03:01
Since I've started playing GW games, the thing that inpressed me the most was after the game was finished myself and my opponent would shake hands and discuss the game. It did not matter if that player was in his early teens , new at the game or older then me.

I enjoy it for the social aspect and the challange. 90% of my games are fun, like everyone I have played "cheese" armies, rule lawyers and down right cheaters. You yourself have to find what you like in the game and keep your own games fun, that will keep things positive.

The object of the games is to win, you play to have fun.

mweaver
12-03-2009, 03:45
Good luck with the surgery and recovery, JCOLL.

They have produced a lot of games I really enjoy playing (Mordheim is my personal favorite). They produce an amazing amount of models, and a big percentage of them I really want to own (more true with fantasy than the SciFi lines, but that is more of a factor of my gaming interests than the quality of the models).

Plus, lots of neat terrain, and the new very very useful foundation paints, and the washes, and all sorts of stuff.

I am a big, bit fan of multipart plastic kits with lots of potential for variations, and GW excels in this regard. My personal favorite sprues are the old Mordheim human mercs/Empire militia figures.

Golden Lion
12-03-2009, 08:53
A great thread, this! I love GW for having created this fantastic universe with so much diversity, there are just endless possibilities to let your own fantasy run free in the hobby.

Thanks GW!

the_raptor
12-03-2009, 09:07
Let us not forget that GW is responsible for this game we know and love.

That GW died in the early nineties. The current frankenstein will keep blindly stumbling along "maximising shareholder value" until they kill their own golden goose.

teafloy_the_damned
12-03-2009, 09:28
If it wasn't for GamesWorkshop, lets face it. This hobby would be dead!
Reserved souley for retired 70 year olds creating Diaoramas of there favorate battles in history.
I swore an oath 10 years ago never to buy anything from games workshop again when the average lead model went from 1.00 to 1.25. But thanks to e-bay, i'm back in the hobby and loving it. Thanks Games Workshop...you over priced, caniving, exploiting, *****.*.*..****

lybban
12-03-2009, 10:02
I've painted Citadel miniatures since 87 and played WHFB since 3rd edition. I have WD from no 87 on and i still subscribe, collect and play. I would say that sums it up real nice.

Leogun_91
12-03-2009, 10:11
And if it wasn't for GW this site wouldn't exist, and "sniff" you know I love all of you guys (except you! you know who you are).Why do you hate me?:cries:

I love GW it makes my everyday life bearable.

Misfratz
12-03-2009, 10:16
They released the Kroot box set with the Kroot wielding a Kroot rifle quarterstaff style. Love that Kroot.

Fenrir
12-03-2009, 10:21
I like GW, I'm just not keen on their current run of form.

Misfratz
12-03-2009, 10:27
Just checked the interwebs and would like to credit Brian Nelson for the Kroot sculpt.

fubukii
12-03-2009, 10:43
i like gw for releasing more plastics, that end up making armies look much better, and be a bit less on the wallet. (chaos knights for 22 bucks is amazing, and the new battalions are pretty good too)

Muncher666
13-03-2009, 11:33
That GW died in the early nineties. The current frankenstein will keep blindly stumbling along "maximising shareholder value" until they kill their own golden goose.

Oh, do shut up. This thread is about positivity, take your negativity away.

Games Workshop is honestly the reason I am the person today. The social aspect it opened up for me changed my life at the tender young age of 12, helped me out of my shell. I'm eternally greatful for the impact they had on my life. Still enjoy it to this day. :)

Allan.

AmBlam
13-03-2009, 12:52

A truth beyond mere positivism I fear.

Kerill
13-03-2009, 13:39

Generally agree with this, GW in its current form is a pale shadow of what is used to be and most of the people who made the game great are gone including:
Andy "Ratman" Chambers- ultimate warhammer geek and his enthusiasm for skaven was addictive even via the printed word.
Tuomas Pirinen- main author of 6th edition and made some cool books and campaign backs back in the day as well as mordheim! Actually understood army balance and was author of the cheesiest tactica for warhammer ever made before he worked for GW which proved excellent credentials for fixing the whole game of warhammer.
All of the former editors and people who made WD and Fanatic games back in the day cool, fluffy and readable

Having said that GW have done some good things of late:
FAQs being released regularly
Lizardmen book is solid
Stayed based in the UK so the weak pound makes the models cheaper :)
Latest FAQS have not included the contemptuous tone of the ones previous.

Also, to be fair to GW, whilst the game has improved over the last few years greatly in terms of balance compared to 4th/5th edition, the players as a whole have gone downhill. Interbreeding geeks with screaming teenagers was not a successful experiment.

Some serious issues remain:
Awful playtesting- really as soon as some things appear in the rumours forum every sane person can see X is overpowered/underpowered, how can they miss some of this stuff?
Deliberately overpowering some things to sell models
Writing tactics articles and battle reports with almost no understanding of the rules and where it has clearly been set up for one side to lose in order to.... sell models.
Letting designers who don't have a passion/understanding for the army write army books. Also using designers who understand the game poorly.
Splitting chaos to increase revenue.

Lazarus15
16-03-2009, 04:32
That is a WHOLE hell of a lot of speculative conclusions to draw about the so called model-sales-rules correlation that so many people subscribe to. Yes the rules for high sellers are going to be solid, but a huge portion of any business/business plan is to bring up the lowest portion of sales.

There has been few, if ever, battle reports where the new army doesn't win. The idea is to promote product and show the strengths of the army, as well as the play style.

GW is a business, and one that for the most part, listens to it's clientell. Why do you think they have been around so long, and continue to expand....they are still making a decent profit and I don't care what alot of the pessimists on here say, they are doing a great job of making highly detailed models, for a fair price, in a tough time, satisfying almost everyone.

Kerill
16-03-2009, 04:59
That is a WHOLE hell of a lot of speculative conclusions to draw about the so called model-sales-rules correlation that so many people subscribe to. Yes the rules for high sellers are going to be solid, but a huge portion of any business/business plan is to bring up the lowest portion of sales.

There has been few, if ever, battle reports where the new army doesn't win. The idea is to promote product and show the strengths of the army, as well as the play style.

GW is a business, and one that for the most part, listens to it's clientell. Why do you think they have been around so long, and continue to expand....they are still making a decent profit and I don't care what alot of the pessimists on here say, they are doing a great job of making highly detailed models, for a fair price, in a tough time, satisfying almost everyone.

It seems you are mostly agreeing with me on the rules for model sales conclusion. I know why they do it, I can even understand, doesn't mean I like it.

WD battle reports used to be a good read, and you could believe they actually played a game of warhammer. Now its very obviously a 5 page advert. WD used to be a magazine, now its a catalogue, which is a shame because I liked that magazine.

The models they make are good, no complaints there but the rules are a mixed bag and no mistake, and lack of playtesting (or even thinking) is grotesquely obvious in some cases. Power creep seems to have been arrested, judging from the last two books anyway and I'm happy with the FAQs they are producing.

I'm not in the camp of full-on GW hating but I'm definitely of the opinion that they could improve their product without a loss of sales and might even lead to an increase.

SuperArchMegalon
16-03-2009, 05:02

Come on man, look at all the replies in this thread and then look at yours. I know how easy it is to just type and submit without thinking about how your reply will be received. As it is now, it just looks like you're trying to bring down one of the few positive threads on Warseer. If you haven't liked the company since the early nineties, why do you still play??

Lazarus15
16-03-2009, 16:34
No Doubt ^. GW hate is like presidential bandwagoning (spelling?). I am pretty tired of people talking about the "good old days". I played then. I like now better. Example? 2nd Ed. Overwatch. That should sum it all up.

Kerill--I think the rules-models-sales correlation is a bit over hyped here though. Why do you think in the new SM codex, scouts are so awesome? They were a little weak in the last book in comparison, I don't think that any other unit in that book got a bigger boost, then perhaps the captain or thunder hammer termies.

The idea is to keep solid rules with solid sellers, but bring up sales in areas that are hurting. Case in point gargoyles for Tyranids. I personally am not going to pay 140 bucks for a 20 man unit of gargoyles. Not going to happen. When they come out in plastic, with some comparable rules, they are going to be FLYING off the shelf.

I also think the designers do a fine job, the editing department does need a little help, and the balence is establishing itself in Fantasy. 40k is gonna have 2 books pretty soon that are on equal standing so it might take some time.

w3rm
16-03-2009, 21:36
"sniff" you know I love all of you guys (except you! you know who you are).

Dammit Nicha, you owe me a new monitor cuz I just spewed soda all over it after reading that!

genesis873
16-03-2009, 23:06
The GW I love certainly didn't die in the early 90's cause I never played back then :D
I find that 99% of the new figures they come out with are completely amazing, in 40k I love the direction they've taken in rules and codexes (fantasy too, but I've only played this edition). I love both the 40k and fantasy settings in general, and also GW's focus on plastic and customizability that seems to becoming more and more prevalent.

Ronin_eX
16-03-2009, 23:16
I love GW for driving me to better game companies. ;)

What?

Or to be a little less vitriolic I like them for introducing me to the hobby but their design concepts and methods are stuck in the 80's and the industry has moved on to better design concepts since and there are much better settings, games and even companies out there that seem capable of doing more than GW with far less staff. At this point it is background and nostalgia that keep me around but I don't touch any of the current core games for the most part.

Specialist Games and older core games tend to feel better designed and less hacked up than current endeavors (even if most are still clunky compared to things that were out at the same time, they at least had some clear goals). So I play 2nd Edition 40k, Necro, Epic, Mordheim and a few others. 4th/5th Edition 40k is a mediocre game at best with no clear design goals and some sub-systems that do not reinforce the genre they are trying to emulate while WFB is simply a game trapped in the design conceits common over twenty years ago.

Luthor
17-03-2009, 00:34
No Doubt ^. GW hate is like presidential bandwagoning (spelling?). I am pretty tired of people talking about the "good old days". I played then. I like now better. Example? 2nd Ed. Overwatch. That should sum it all up.

Kerill--I think the rules-models-sales correlation is a bit over hyped here though. Why do you think in the new SM codex, scouts are so awesome? They were a little weak in the last book in comparison, I don't think that any other unit in that book got a bigger boost, then perhaps the captain or thunder hammer termies.

The idea is to keep solid rules with solid sellers, but bring up sales in areas that are hurting. Case in point gargoyles for Tyranids. I personally am not going to pay 140 bucks for a 20 man unit of gargoyles. Not going to happen. When they come out in plastic, with some comparable rules, they are going to be FLYING off the shelf.

I also think the designers do a fine job, the editing department does need a little help, and the balence is establishing itself in Fantasy. 40k is gonna have 2 books pretty soon that are on equal standing so it might take some time.

I highly doubt you've played 2nd Edition 40K if all you can say is how bad overwatch is. Overwatch added a tactical edge to the game, very much unlike the modern march your termies out into the middle and fire on everything. AT-43 had Overwatch, and AT-43 is the best tabletop game out there IMHO.

Also, the moment sales prevailed over the hobby is the moment it went into a sharp decline. Example: Units that aren't getting new models get nerfed, units that are get boosted. But Luthor!!!!!!!!!!!! Games-Workshop is a company!!!!!!! So what? That doesn't mean they can't care about their customers and make their collection practically useless just so they can cram the newest product down our throats. Zombies should have their uses, not be sub-par to everyother unit that got new models.

Ultimo ninja
17-03-2009, 02:03
The High elves ar the reason I like GW, and I dont even play them anymore. They did a great job on the history, geography, models, tactics, etc.

I do believe I have the right to hold GWs feet to the fire since I am a customer.
Fantasy needs several nerfs in order to get better (cough demons).

imweasel
17-03-2009, 02:31

/sarcasm on

I guess this explains the inexplicable delay to dark eldar and necrons, doesn't it? (I know it doesn't have to do with fantasy, but really let's say things that can be taken seriously, ok?)

/sarcasm off

Since this is supposed to be a positive thread, I will just end it with this...

Let's not make this a bleeding heart gw fanboi thread please.

Lazarus15
17-03-2009, 03:39
I highly doubt you've played 2nd Edition 40K if all you can say is how bad overwatch is. Overwatch added a tactical edge to the game, very much unlike the modern march your termies out into the middle and fire on everything. AT-43 had Overwatch, and AT-43 is the best tabletop game out there IMHO.

Also, the moment sales prevailed over the hobby is the moment it went into a sharp decline. Example: Units that aren't getting new models get nerfed, units that are get boosted. But Luthor!!!!!!!!!!!! Games-Workshop is a company!!!!!!! So what? That doesn't mean they can't care about their customers and make their collection practically useless just so they can cram the newest product down our throats. Zombies should have their uses, not be sub-par to everyother unit that got new models.

To each their own. I kinda find it funny that that is the one thing I mention on a whim, or as an example, and you take it that that is the whole story. I hated overwatch as it bogged the game down. I played Space Wolves and got shot to hell because everyone and their mother went on overwatch and I am hanging out with a 4" movement. In your example, how do you explain sword masters, phoenix guard, and white lions? How do you explain the special characters in the marine book, as I know the majority of those models aren't new? What about the Greater Daemons or Horrors? None of those models are close to new, yet got great rules? Kinda hard to stand on a soap box made of match sticks.

Hence why I said business plan, which is just that...a plan. It may not always go to plan.

rottahn
17-03-2009, 07:45
while 6th edition was a little better, 7th edition is a lot more fun than 5th.
white dwarfs used to be fun to read, and get ideas for conversions.
the british pound is cheap now, so forgeworld models are quite cheap.

:evilgrin:

Artemis360
24-03-2009, 06:23
There may be upsides to GW, I'm not discounting the possibility. I just think Matt Ward should be burnt at the stake for writing the Daemons of Chaos Book for fantasy...

...no, seriously.

Fenrir
24-03-2009, 10:29
There may be upsides to GW, I'm not discounting the possibility. I just think Matt Ward should be burnt at the stake for writing the Daemons of Chaos Book for fantasy...

...no, seriously.

We've gone one better. Theres a Wicker Man sitting waiting, until we can snare him in.

Grapeshot
24-03-2009, 17:10
My first thought when i see such things is Warhammer World in Nottingham. A huge gaming hall, an opportunity to view the Eavy Metal teams work and all for the princely sum of absolutely free.

Only been there once but i was in awe of the place. And i'm going back in a couple of weeks to revel in it once more.

I was at Warhammer World on 11th March. I live in Singapore, flew 13-14 hours to Paris, then to Lille, back to Paris and then to London before decided to take a train to Nottingham, got a taxi and finally, I saw a statue of a Space Marine standing in front of GW HQ :angel: Camera snapping away!

It was really a dream came true after more than 15years of indulging in GW stuff and you only read about WW in White Dwarf. The feeling was indescribable :cries:

You see, although I'm into GW stuff for so long and have been trying hard to paint my army, I had never play a game of WFB or WH40K before as I can't even mass a few hundred pts of painted army worthy of a game. I would like to thank James Tew for teaching me and my wife on our very first game of WFB which I had really longed for. I took the Dwarf and my wife Goblin. I lost the game. It was great fun.

I bathed myself in the light of the huge gaming hall and museum. I didn't know I could stay about an hour in the museum. I could have stayed longer if not because of the train back to London. I took as much photos as I could - I have one on Peter Jackson hobbit :)

I visited the Bugman. I could have had some munchies and drinks if not because of the train back to London. I posed and took photos again, sorry to those people in there looking at us if our camera lights scared you ;)

The friendly reception helped us to call a taxi and we left the place relunctantly as we know this was the first and could also be the last time there :cries:

I am a better man.

Thank you GW :)

(In this trip I had also visited Oxford, Covent Garden, Watford and Lille GWs. Thank you to all the friendly staff over there! And specially to Covent Garden, thank you for allowing us to tour the shop even though we came in at closing hour. Thank you!)

Sir_Lunchalot
24-03-2009, 19:50
For anyone who's trying to argue that GW is all about financial results, look here. (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=GAW.L#chart11:symbol=gaw.l;range=5y;indi cator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalue s=0;logscale=on;source=undefined) clearly they are not doing so well there.

I like GW because of the models, background and the popularity of the game. For me the big thing that draws me to 40k is the fluff. the problem with other games systems is that they don't support the large games that GW rules do.

Unforgiven666
24-03-2009, 21:31
I love GW!
They have awesome games, awesome miniatures...
Their prices were CRAZY when I first started (like 3 years ago)
but now they appear to have more reasonable prices and I like it! :)

sabre4190
24-03-2009, 22:44
Love the models, love the backstory, and love building armies. I havn't seen another system that has demanded the same level of creativity and freedom as this hobby. Games like warmachine, with just a few models in a warband, just dont have the models to get me into it. The background is pretty simple, and there are even more SCs than hammer. I want to build armies, where I can do almost anything feasible. I havn't found a range of models I like as much, and they just get me into the world.

Netherghoul
24-03-2009, 23:16
hmmm loving GW for getting me back on track again with IG, Gnoblars, Ogre kingdoms.
hte lot are getting me excited again, seriously.
don't understand it either but it feels good;)

Brother Gabriel
24-03-2009, 23:25
This thread really is something Warseer needed :) some positive energy about the hobby we are all involved in. Thanks for making it, i enjoyed reading it..
I for one are an hobbyist since im 14 which makes it about 16 years now, not counting some breaks every now and then. And i really like it now more than ever. Part of it because my painting skills are improving, miniatures are now way better looking than back then.
Really im enjoying it now more than ever... having more money now helps too :).

Jind_Singh
27-03-2009, 06:48
The fact of life is GW is of course out to make money,,,,but you know what? ANy job you go to is because the owner is wanting to make money, so big deal!
GW have kept the game going & going, and though they make money you can see them pump it right back in - for petes sake it took them 2 years to develop the plastic Orc Stompa, 300 pieces of amazingness!
And yeah sometimes some of their things don't make sense, but what does make sense is they gave us an amazing hobby AND kept it fresh for all these years (I started when I was 15, now 31 and still loving it).
Even better through the hobby I met some of my best friends, had some of the most amazing battles, and the wife rather I be at GW each thursday playing fantasy battle rather than out on the town looking for a fantasy girl!!
amazing models, great fluff, great game - and my cheesy daemon army book!!!

smiles all around for GW

Crazy Harborc
27-03-2009, 15:50
Grapeshot.....thank you for the review of what it's like to tour the GW, UK home turf. Sadly, I doubt I'll get to do the same.

I admit I am a frequent critic of GW. Now it's back to 300 plus miles from my door- step to the closest GW official store....in another state.:( Here in the colonies:D we do not have the likes of GW's HQ (Bugman's).