PDA

View Full Version : Daemon prince helping good guys

Zachary
10-03-2009, 23:01
Hey
It says in the army book that daemon princes retain some of their past ideals and memoiries just not the feelings so would it be possible for a doctor that believes chaos can help humans to become a daemon prince? And then help out the humans? (like the doctor in Whitch hunter)

captain malachi
10-03-2009, 23:09
Where's the tactics in this? For the record, I doubt it. Generally you have to kill a lot of people to ascend, not something doctors do regularly.

Mr Uber
11-03-2009, 00:05
Yeah I guess so. Evil's weapon of misleading good folk into doing evil and all that.

TeddyC
11-03-2009, 00:33
Yeah I guess so. Evil's weapon of misleading good folk into doing evil and all that.

But if it was just someone misled then they arent likely to devote themselves to the gods enough to ascend to daemonhood are they?

I always got the impression daemon princes were those that embraced chaos.

Mr Uber
11-03-2009, 01:23
It's happened in plenty of storylines that the bad guy has a tiny bit of there humanity left.

There is no hard and fast rule to say that an evil monster can't help out the "good guys" if it's in his best interest to do so. Making a "good" daemon army using an angel theme or a WoC army with a norse theme or the like wouldn't be out of place. One mans god is another mans deamon.

Genrazn
11-03-2009, 06:00
THis is medievil times whenever someone goes to a hospital they die cause of the unsanitary condiions or incompetence of said doctor.

The chances of people dieing in a hospital are higher then they were to be saved.

So likely, it would be doctor the death bringer :P

Nurgling Chieftain
11-03-2009, 06:34
Perhaps Festus will eventually ascend to princedom. :cool:

snottlebocket
11-03-2009, 07:00
Hey
It says in the army book that daemon princes retain some of their past ideals and memoiries just not the feelings so would it be possible for a doctor that believes chaos can help humans to become a daemon prince? And then help out the humans? (like the doctor in Whitch hunter)

It takes so much nastyness to become a demon prince in the first place that there wouldn't be a shred of mercy left in the good doctor by the time he'd become one.

The average chaos follower is a hideously depraved socio- and psychopath. It takes a lot more than that to even become chosen or a champion. Nobody is going to "it's for the greater good" their way towards demonhood.

Just look at Festus, he didn't even have to do anything particularly bad, but even his little deal with chaos for the greater good left him so destroyed as a man he doesn't even care about his original purpose anymore.

Bodysnatcher
11-03-2009, 08:04
A Tzeentchian DP may help the good guys as part of a longer plan....

Lord Khabal
11-03-2009, 08:43
Yep, tzeentch DP would have no problem with that, but only Tzeentch himself can turn a mortal in a DP (I think)

Zachary
22-03-2009, 15:20
When i said doctor I meant more of a scientist. a man using warpstone and othre chemicals to heal broken bones by replacing them with chaotic versions(beastmen legs and stuff). They could be after helping people but still causing chaos to flurish and grow which would please the dark gods(mostly tezench or however you spell his name:P)

Mabus
22-03-2009, 16:40
I like this idea. On the rare occasion that men of the Empire do turn to worship the Ruinous Powers, I highly doubt they do it knowingly. I've imagined the Worship of Chaos to be a slippery slope, I'd imagine many have turned to the allure of the Chaos Gods with the intention of doing good but have gradually been corrpted and poisoned along the way. Look at the story of Festus for a prime example....

BTW- I love the idea Mr Uber had for a themed WoC army. I'd love to try and pull that off!

Kerill
22-03-2009, 16:43
Remember not all daemon princes are servants of the 4 great powers, all gods (including the good ones like Isha, Sigmar etc.) are chaos entitities and some daemon princes are nascent powers, there is no reason why you can't have a Daemon Prince to represent this.