PDA

View Full Version : They have a Cave Troll

HsojVvad
11-03-2009, 00:35
I just had to share this with you guys. I am laughing my blank off.

Here I am playing SBG from MoM scenarios 4. He is so happy since he can use a Cave Troll in this game. He was getting disapointed for about 8 turns no doubles were rolled with Priority. (for those who don't know, in that scenario, a cave troll comes out when doubles are rolled when to see who has priority).

Low and behold, on turn 9, we both roll 6's. He get's the Cave Troll, and says to me, "Daddy, you have to say 'They have a Cave Troll' now".

I LMFAO, that was so great. It is one of my favorite lines in the movies. I didn't know it was his, and just how he said it, was just priceless.

Just thought I would share it with you.

Lordchipper
11-03-2009, 01:01
scenario special rules: Hobbits can jump on back of troll and stab..Frodo also has a 2+ ward save against attacks from the cave troll ( it cant seem to kill him, even though he skewered him, so disappointed in you mister troll)

The fellowship is my favorite of the 3 movies, and thats one of the best lines in there... One of the pros of this game is that it is usually a little more laid back, and allows for moments like this.

Joewrightgm
11-03-2009, 02:17
That is pretty good.

That scenario can be a mother to get right for evil; either you blow out the good side totally and just drag them down with the cave troll or the troll dies like the second or third round of combat.

sandman36
11-03-2009, 02:38
That is excellent. Moments like that are some of the best with your kids. That is one of the best lines in the movies.

HsojVvad
11-03-2009, 03:14
The game didn't end up like the movie though. The Cave Troll Took out Strider first. Then Borimir and the rest was a cake walk. I guess I suck at playing, but my son had a blast. He just couldn't wait for the Cave Troll to come out LOL, and now I see why.

Funny he dosn't know how the game really plays, but he took out all the strong guys first and then the pecking order was simple for him.

I have to be more carefull with him in my next game. Good think I don't have a Balrog yet, he would want to use him then LOL.

jaws900
11-03-2009, 09:59
I have played that scenraio over 6 times and the fellowship has won each time. The best of for the gioblins was that they took Legolas down to 1 wound and no fate and pippin down to 1 wound no fate. Good once won without take a single wound and even better is that the troll was killed in the first turn of combat (2 wounds from gimi's t-h axe and 2 from boromir.

Eror
12-03-2009, 19:46
Hehe I like when Elrond says: You'll be the Fellowship of the ring ... and pippen comes and say:

Erhm where are we going ?

HsojVvad
12-03-2009, 21:46
That was a good one. There are a few one liners I love in the 3 movies. The "They have a Cave Troll" is my Favorite.

Joewrightgm
12-03-2009, 23:09
Playing against a full blown Arnor army led by king Arvedui, my poor opponent can't seem to pass any of malbeth's foresight saves. After about the third or forth one, I said "why do you think he was the LAST king of arnor?"

Much laughter. later in the same game, Arvedui cowboy'd up some and started mulching through my troops. After removing yet another casualty, he says "This is why he's the last king of arnor"

Oh bitter irony . . .

jaws900
13-03-2009, 08:45
And who can forget. "He twitched because my axe is imbeded in his nervous system!"

HsojVvad
14-03-2009, 01:30
Yes that is a good one Jaws900. Man do I want that mini badly, but will not pay $75 for a subscription just to get it.

Anthour favorite of mine, is " It still only counts as one" LOL.

lotrchampion
14-03-2009, 07:34
As I recall, the Gimli On Arguable Still Alive But Probably Dead Uruk is now available as a Colletor's piece through the online store...

*checks GW Online Store*

Clicky (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1290171&prodId=prod1091398&rootCatGameStyle=lotr)

Most tempting indeed!

Moments like this are one of the reasons why I enjoy scenario play so much-small moments where just a little action can bring you back to the amazement and wonder of the films and books. And I think we're all forgetting, the one we all shout in Contest of Champions vs a Mumak...

"It STILL only counts as one!"

:)

mweaver
14-03-2009, 13:26
"They have a Cave Troll" was indeed a great line, in part because of Sean Bean's delivery.

Sounds like it was a fun game, HsojVvad.

jaws900
14-03-2009, 20:32
I played a gaim the otherday against a fe Harad and a muruk with Aragron and Co as to sugest that he went south to subdue the Haradium. And Legolas delt the final bow on the Murmk so i just had to say "That still only counts as one!"

Eror
17-03-2009, 21:30
Lucky with that one :]] Hehe .....