PDA

View Full Version : Psyker?

tacoo
11-03-2009, 02:33
i have a simple question, any1 know what all units count as psykers and not? i just would like to know since i cant seem to find a list for psykers. can anyone tell me where to find a list that names what all psykers there are or name them for me. i know this already

farseers
anything snypase for tyranids
most chaos daemons
librarian
chaos sorcerer

and anything that actually says psyker in its profile.

squeekenator
11-03-2009, 03:01
All those things except daemons (excluding the Lord of Change). If it has psychic powers or has a special rule specifically saying so (I don't think anyone except Grey Knights get that) it's a psyker, otherwise it's not.

Lord Cook
11-03-2009, 03:56
Sanctioned psykers in the Guard, and Inquisitors if they have psychic powers.

Znail
11-03-2009, 04:34
most chaos daemonsNothing in Chaos Daemons counts a psyker.

Xelloss
11-03-2009, 13:32
Sanctioned psykers in the Guard, and Inquisitors if they have psychic powers.

Inquisitors always count as psykers, even if they do not have usable powers. (And Black Templars can have a psyker ally if he doesn't have a psychic power or if it is a Grey Knight)

loveless
11-03-2009, 14:20
All those things except daemons (excluding the Lord of Change).

Actually, the Lord of Change isn't a psyker either, he just has a lot of Daemonic shooting.

Azhrarn
11-03-2009, 14:29
In order to prevent daemon from getting screwed with anti-psychic stuff for most of their army, none of them actually count as psykers.

None of the abilities the army has is an actual psychic power, they are all shooting attacks, even things like Pavane of Slaanesh.
No psychic tests are ever taken and everything rolls to hit as for shooting.
As loveless said, even something like a Lord of Change isn't a psyker, they're just walking daemonic weapon platforms.

Aubec le noir
12-03-2009, 17:25
i'm not sure that an inquisitor without psychic power is considered as psyker according the rule....:confused:
but all grey knights yes even if they don't have a power
Aubec :chrome:

tacoo
12-03-2009, 19:59
what all of eldar counts as a psyker? i know the farseer and warlock, but whaf the rest? according to fluff, arent most eldar psykers. or do only the farseer and warlocks count as psykers?

Zahr Dalsk
12-03-2009, 20:56
All Eldar are psykers - it's an inherent part of their species.

However, only those on the path of the Seer (Warlocks, Farseers, Spiritseers, etc) actively use their powers.

boogle
12-03-2009, 21:01
Inquisitors always count as psykers, even if they do not have usable powers. (And Black Templars can have a psyker ally if he doesn't have a psychic power or if it is a Grey Knight)

Actually i believe only Inquisitor Lords count as psykers whether they take a power or not

blackcherry
12-03-2009, 21:03
Actually i believe only Inquisitor Lords count as psykers whether they take a power or not

They do. They have the psyker rule in their profile if I recall correctly.

AtnaShadow
12-03-2009, 21:50
Fluff-wise all Eldar are psykers to some degree. Rules-wise Farseers, Warlocks, and Harlequin Shadowseers are the only ones which actually count as psykers.

Orkeosaurus
12-03-2009, 22:26
All orks are psychic to a degree, with their connection to the Waaagh.

Weirdboys and Warpheads are their practicing psykers, and the only ones that count as psykers in-game.

Poseidal
12-03-2009, 23:35
All Eldar are psykers - it's an inherent part of their species.

However, only those on the path of the Seer (Warlocks, Farseers, Spiritseers, etc) actively use their powers.

+ Harlequin Shadowseers in that list.

Very easy to forget, but you can use it for your Wraithsight checks.

Aubec le noir
13-03-2009, 18:28
They do. They have the psyker rule in their profile if I recall correctly.

Actually after verification, Inquisitor lords and Inquisitors do have special rule Psyker, but as I understand it it authorizes Inquisitors to choose 1 psychic power (or more) on the list.
but note that I think that an inquisitor lord without psychic power is not a psyker, because in the next rule (iron will) it is written that : "Psyker or not, a IL possess..." that suppose that an IL can be an IL without been a psyker.
I don't know for the inquisitor, because he does'nt have this will power rule

Aubec :chrome:

Askari
13-03-2009, 23:26
Chaos Space Marines:
Daemon Princes (possibly)
Chaos Sorcerer
Aspiring Sorcerer

Eldar:
Farseer
Warlock / Spiritseer
Shadowseer

Space Marines:
Librarians
Grey Knights

Imperium:
Sanctioned Psykers
Inquisitors (possible)
Inquisitor Lords (possible)
The new IG Master... Astropath?

Orks:
Weirdboy / Warphead

Tyranids:
Hive Tyrants
Warriors
Zoanthropes [note: are Psykers regardless of Synapse or not]

Tau / Necrons / Dark Eldar / Chaos Daemons : None...

Fay_Redd
13-03-2009, 23:35
As askari said, hes covered them. although quick note, tyranid warriors arnt psychic they are beasts that simply transmit the grip of the hive mind. If they could take a tyranid psychic power then zoans would be completely useless. yeah, synapse creature is a psychic power taken by zoans but i dont think warriors are actively psychic.

captain malachi
13-03-2009, 23:42
Warriors have the psychic power "synapse", that means they are a psyker.

Lord Cook
13-03-2009, 23:45
i dont think warriors are actively psychic.

They still count as psykers because they have synapse.

Xgladar
14-03-2009, 00:21
this list could be very useful for anyone fielding a culexus assassin

Bunnahabhain
14-03-2009, 00:50
IG last chancers, with the psyker upgrade, at least until May 2nd.