PDA

View Full Version : Free Army Builder

WeeDawgNYC
11-03-2009, 03:27
Does anyone know of a site with an army builder program for Warhammer Fantasy?

there used to be one called "TheGreatUncleanOne.com" & "WarGamesJapan" but neither are accessable anymore.

there has got to be another one out there..

Neckutter
11-03-2009, 03:30
the real armybuilder is pretty cheap. i think i bought mine for $25 for the electronic one. its a little cumbersome when you change computers, but i saved like $10 rather than have a hard copy

dont get the GW armybuilder. *puke* :)
my friend has it and it is horrid. :)

Godfiend
11-03-2009, 10:41
Your only options are LoneWolf's software or a spreadsheet, really. Armybuilder has a nifty loophole to avoid legal issues, and GW is too busy huffing paint fumes to capitalize on how profitable a well-built program with their backup could be. Everything that could possibly by IP violation is pursued to the end of the world.

Chiron
11-03-2009, 11:14
Pen and Paper and 5 minutes in the shop frantically scribbling

Hvidponi
11-03-2009, 12:49
Open Office and their spreadsheet works fine... And are free...

moose
11-03-2009, 13:01
I use (lonewolf) armybuiler to quickly build individual units and check points costs with magic items etc.
You don't have to pay if you don't want to make 3+ units at a time.

Then write it up in excel to look organised and of course, pretty.

Moose.

Keller
11-03-2009, 13:15
Excel works wonders. I use Lone Wolf's Army Builder for most everything in Warhammer, but make use of Excel for many other games that I play. Both work well; Excel just requires you to do your own comp, unless you set it up to check.

Excel, or any other spreadsheet program, are fantastic, and just require a little time to create.