PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Vs Dwarfs 2250pts

Cortomaltese
11-03-2009, 02:34
i've played a game last weekend: my dwarves against a not so cheesy lizardmen
almost all my army was painted, but it's my old beloved one, now it's time to make another one with all my dwarves, using my new painting skills so it's Wip time!

2250 Lizardmen
Slann: higher state (immune to mundane), rumination (free dice each cast) Tepok plaque (knows one more spell)
Skink priest: 5+ Ts, engine of gods, power stone
Saurus Veteran: LA, shield, +2 A

21 saurus: spear, full command
2 x 12 skinks skirmishers
1x10 chameleon skinks: champion
3 kroxigors : champion
16 temple guard: full command, standard of Fear
3 salamanders: 9 skinks

2250 Dwarfs
Runelord: Gw, shield, Anvil of doom, immune to poison and Kb, rerols TA, +1 Ta, Ts 4+
Thane: standard bearer, +1 A, +1 St, 1+ TA
Thane: pistol, shield, +1 A, +1 St, +1 to hit, +1 Ta

2x 10 thunderers: music, shields
20 warriors: hand weapon, shields, full command
20 ironbreakers: full command
cannon: rune of forging
bolt thrower: engineer, +1 hit flyers
bolt thrower: engineer, +1 St
organ gun
gyrocopter
15 miners: musician

the slann had fire magic, with everything apart from wall of flame, the skink had Far and uranon (no saves..ugh!)

Start of the game (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3541/3344947223_5eb52aa55b_o.jpg)

from left to right u can see: salamanders, kroxy, saurus with the scar veteran, skinks, then temple guard, EoG, skinks, and chameleons in the woods.
Dwarfs, from left to right the bolt thrower with the +1 hit flyers, the Anvil beside the hill, then 10 thunderers, the organ gun, warriors with BsB, ironbreakers, cannon, thunderers, bolt thrower with +1 St, and the lone thane. in the lower corner the gyrocopter..

my opponent won the roll, and went first..

1. Huntin' the metal bird
the chamaleon skinks came out from the wood and simply destroyed the gyrocopter in the first shooting phase, all the rest of the army moved on, magic killed a couple of thunderers in the unit on the right, and tried to fry Bt's crewmen without success.
In my turn the two units turned a little, my thane went closer the edge of the house waiting for some skink and nothing more..
my list was a sort of gunline with a bit more strenght of impact, and shooting was supposed to be my ace: the cannon killed a temple guard, and put a wound on the stegadon (great guess, and a reroll thanks to forging rune, but 1 on dice for wounds!), then the right bolt thrower hits the EoG again, but just killed a skink, damned random!
the bolt thrower on the left hits the temple guard unit on the flank, for just 2 wounds, and the organ gun put 6 hits on the salamander, killin' 1 beast and wounding once another one: nice!
thunderers on the left shoot again on sallies, killing the second beast, and leaving the last one with 2 wounds and 7 skinks left, thunderers on the right killed another couple of temple guards even if no panic-test for the duty-psyco-immunies-lizards.
the anvil hits the chamaleon once, but enough to make a kill and halving movement of the nasty gyro-killers.
not so bad, but things are going to change..

2. "Ready, point, fire!"
Skinks on the right came closer the wood, the stegadon tried to hide in the back of the rocks (which was a "lizardmen sacrificial pit", nice scenary we made an year ago), the rest of army came still more closer..
during magic phase EoG lowered casting values to the slann, so the toad killed all my unit of thunderers on the right (irresistible Conflagration) apart from musician, then a couple of cannon crewmen too, and the skink priest could use far on the unit of skinks in the middle
in shooting phase my opponent said "oh, dear: 1 wounded sally with 7 skinks.. what use can i do with all those skinks??"
a misfire later she was with just 4 skinks left ;)
portented-skinks made a couple of wounds on ironbreakers, killin a couple, but no worries for me.
in my turn i had a great opportunity: chamaleons, skinks and the flank of temple guard were all on a line.. if miners woul make their coming i could charge the first unit, then bash into the second one, and with a bit of luck hit the third, or maybe move in their back in further rounds!!
while i was dreaming about such a great chance, miners rolled a 2 and decided to remain underground smoking pipes..
the thane moved in open land ready to charge using the anvil, and the last musician went hiding between the bolt thrower and the house, trying to save points
shooting fase: the anvil misfires, leaving the poor thane in front of a thousands poisonous shoots, rolling a 3, and becoming useless for 2 rounds
the right Bt tries to hit the stegadon, but fails, the last cannon crewman, watering flames all around him, hits the temple guard unit (another great guess), the Slann failed the "lookout sir" but i got 1 to wound.. holy crap.. a couple of temple guards died as well
the left Bt put 2 wounds on the kroxygors, the thunderers next to it killed another one, and the organ gun was supposed to kill the remaining sally for Vp, but misfired then rolled 2.. another useless warmachine when things were going nasty..
kroxy didn't panic, so big problems at the corner

After Turn 2 (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3383/3345061767_9dc4da77bb_o.jpg)

3. I love the Napalm smell..
the saurus charge into my ironbreakers (i put them right in front of the unit, the scheme is not so good..) and i hold, the kroxy failed the charge on warriors, skinks and the sally moved a bit to have some targets, and the temple guard came even closer the rest of my army.
during magic phase again the EoG lowered casting costs, letting the slann kill the last cannon crewman and 2 warriors with magic missiles, and again a unit blessed with priest spell.
During shooting phase skinks on the left hit the musician destroying the unit, chamaleons failed to kill the thane (who was just 3' away from them) and the sally finally spits on the warrior units.
the flame template with an impressive -3 As killed 7 (!) warriors almost halving the unit!!but no panic for dwarves, and we moved to the HtH.
Saurus killed 1 ironbreakers, the hero 3 more, i killed a single saurus, and my champion in a challenge killed his one,so i manage to hold thanks to the army standard.not bad!
The miners came and moved on, takin place between the ex-cannon and the bolt trower; the thane charges the chameleons that decided to hold, not to flee outside the table.
warriors charge the flank of the saurus unit, and everything sounded fine.
first of all the organ was useless, so i used the thunderers on the sally unit, but just a single skink died.
no more cannon, so just 2 Bts: the one on the left finally killed the last kroxy, the one in the right hits the EoG, but killed a single skink...AGAIN!!
the thane, in a great show of rubber-axe killed just 1 chamaleon (i forgot hittin' on 2+, but anyway a shame)and hold in combat, a bit better did the Bsb, killin 2 saurus, then letting the rest of unit kill another 2, the Scar Veteran smashed some ironbreakers, but in the end they loose the combat by too much
no insane courage, flee of 6' an both units pursuing of 10' (nice 6+5 rolls.. twice in a row! was my luck changing?!), ironbreakers hit the stegadon and i got tons of Pvs..

4. Who speaked about Revenge?!
Temple guard hit my warriors, the central skinks moved next to miners, all the rest was engaged or ready to fire
in magic phase the EoG killed 4 ironbreakers, the slann killed 4 warriors with 2 magic missiles, and casted conflagration on the bolt thrower (now that i'm writing i have a doubt he couldn't)
it spawned 24 HITS!! and all crewmen and the engineer burn in a wonderful fire. that caused panic on miners, who with a 11 on dice fleed outside the table.. err.. great match for them!
Shooting saw the last sally pointing to my Bt, then misfire and eat 2 more skings: yummi!
in HtH the temple guard smashed some dwarves, i managed to save the day thanks to the Bsb: 3 kills and the +2 Cr gave me a draw
the Thane still didn't manage to wipe out those stupid chamaleons, but the ironbreakers broke the stegadon winning by 3 even if i directed 4 attacks on the priest without managing to wound him.. i didn't reach it too.
my turn, and some shootin for me, trying to find pVs: things were going from bad to worst.
iron breakers were too far from the EoG so no charge, and no other movements too..
the organ gun managed to wipe out the last sally (the whole unit had just 3 wounds left.. luckily i didn't randomize all on skinsk this time), but this left the thunderers with an hard shot on stegadon that resolved in ANOTHER dead skinks! damn, i roll 5 only when they're useless..
the anvil tried to hit hard some skinks, i wondered a bit if using or not Ancient power, 'cause i was unlucky enough so far..
so:normal power, and 1 rolled!! snort! 4 on the misfire chart means an useless Anvil again..
in HtH the good ol' thane killed the last chamaleon with a deep breath from me, but the temple guard smashed my warriors, i loose for 2 or 3, that unit caused fear, so end of my whole unit and Bsb too!

After Turn 4 (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3332/3345898464_cb07ff1032_o.jpg)

5. Lizzie clean the field
EoG rallied and slann moved forward trying to make some damage in magic phase; no charges, some movement by skinks.
the EoG lowered fire magic casting values, the skink priest fried 3 ironbreakers with his thunderbolt (no saves?!? again?! arrrgg!!!), the slann killed 4 thunderers but they didn't panick.
in shooting phase 12 angry skinks killed my thane (7 poison wounds..) and the other unit killed an organ crewman
in my turn the anvil was useless, i had the organ as only dice to throw, and i did misfire, luckily without the explosion!

End of game (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/3345899542_a1d7e721ba_o.jpg)

oki, that was the end of the game, and i really felt as i had very bad luck.. miners fleeing with a roll of 11, so many misfires and failing to wound, 1 to wound the slann with the cannon, useless anvil..
so many things could change the match if only they worked in a better way, but that's the story..
the Victory points assigned without any doubt a Great Victory to Lizards, and maybe in 6th turn it could become a massacre!!
sometimes strategy and tactics can't do anything against bad luck, i'm anyway quite happy from my list, and i'll wait before change it, apart from some minor correction (the preservation rune is quite a waste of points cause anvil is immune to kb, maybe i'll try another infantry instead of 2 bts)!

but now i have to admit a thing: my opponent was my girlfriend, who is a long time player too, and good painter!!
so, after this game, i've learn one simple thing: NEVER play warhammer against someone who got boobies.. i'm used at sweaty fatties: it's a too big distraction :P

hope u enjoyed the report, comments are welcome, and if u liked it, more will come soon, but with pics instead then those booring schemes!
-Cortomaltese

Foegnasher
11-03-2009, 02:52
ok, what program are you useing for your pictures.

I need eet!!!

also, tough luck, dwarf-thing. can't say us skaven are to to sad to see you get your beards kicked in. (toothy grin)

Malorian
11-03-2009, 03:11
I agree that's a great program.

Tough luck really did you in. Even worse when dwarfs are suppose to be reliable...

GuyLeCheval
11-03-2009, 07:31
You are exactly the oposite of my friend who plays dwarfs: He has never rolled any misfire, he always rolls high. (Even in break tests, but that doesn't care with Dwarf's leadership) I'm relieved to see dwarfs can also have bad luck aside from good luck.

Domandi
11-03-2009, 14:09
quick question, I thought when someone got an EotG it all crew was replaced by the skink priest and all equipment was replaced by the engine... So all those skink kills you had should have been on the sole priest. Am I wrong?

Jormi_Boced
11-03-2009, 14:49
quick question, I thought when someone got an EotG it all crew was replaced by the skink priest and all equipment was replaced by the engine... So all those skink kills you had should have been on the sole priest. Am I wrong?

The priest displaces one crew and the engine displaces the giant blowpipes.

selone
11-03-2009, 15:12
Thanks for the report Cortomaltese, I think the dice were telling you something with those early 1's to wound. As said that is a ncie program you're using there :)

OldMan
11-03-2009, 15:50
exelent raport, exelent pictures.

... and exelent girlfriend :D

Golden Lion
11-03-2009, 20:53
Agreed on all accounts:)

SevenSins
11-03-2009, 20:56
Jinxed? Nice rep anyhoo, and better luck next time. Setting up a rematch shouldn't be to hard I take it ;) gf and all....

Real pics are always prefferable, but that is a nice schematic thingy

Cortomaltese
17-03-2009, 17:24
ok, first of all thanks to everyone for your posts, it's a good thing u liked the first report.. so here we go again! :)
the program i use for pics is an old version of the "Lorenz Whfb" (i think u can still find it somewhere.. otherwise pm me), a software developed by an italian guy, that make warhammer playable on the web..
nice idea, and very suitable for reports too, even if some armyes (dwarfs for example) still need the rendering of troops..

we played again a couple of times: once was a late evening, and my bad luck was even worse, furthermore we went out in the middle of the game, so no ending and no report for that match..
today we had the reset: similar armies, different table, and once again no
photo-camera.. hope u'll like it anyway!

Armies:
2250 Dwarves
Runelord: Gw, shield, Anvil of doom, rerols TA, +1 Ta, Ts 4+
Thane: standard bearer, +1 A, +1 St, 1+ TA
Thane: pistol, shield, +1 A, +1 St, +1 to hit, +1 Ta

3x 10 thunderers: music, shields
20 warriors: hand weapon, shields, full command
20 ironbreakers: full command
cannon: rune of forging
bolt thrower: engineer, +1 hit flyers
bolt thrower: engineer, +1 St
organ gun
15 miners: musician

2250 Lizardmen
Slann: higher state (immune to mundane), rumination (free dice each cast) Tepok plaque (knows one more spell)
Skink priest: 5+ Ts, engine of gods, power stone
Saurus Veteran: LA, shield, +2 A

21 saurus: spear, full command
12 skinks skirmishers
11 skinks skirmishers
10 chameleon skinks
3 kroxigors
16 temple guard: full command
3 salamanders: 9 skinks
3 terradons

so i dropped the useless rune of preservation on the anvil and the copter (that stupid thing seems to magnet skinks blows) for another unit of thunderers; she did the same with the unit champions and the fear banner to have a flying unit.

the table was quite similar too: with 2 hills, the usual pit (rocks in pictures), 2 houses, as u can see:

Deployment (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3362560401_00a83ac1e1_o.jpg)

from left to right the lizards have 11skinks, chamaleons, EoG, saurus, terradons, Temple Guards with slann and veteran, kroxi, salamanders and 12 skinks.
I fielded a bolt thrower (+1 hit flyers) and the Anvil at the top left, then almost castled to the center-right: ironbreakers, the thane beside them, warriors with the BsB, cannon, organ gun, 3 units of thunderers on the "hill of dishonour" and the last bolt thower in the top right.

the Slann choose from fire magic, and has everything but the flaming sword, the skink has Amul and the bolt D6 St4
i deployed first, but she won the roll: Lizards go first!

TURN 1
chameleons come out the woods, seeing no gyrocopter to cut down so simply marched on; skinks moved to the left side, terradons came to the back of the sacrificial pit and all the rest marched toward my army, with skinks on the wings.
in the Magic phase the skink got the chance to reroll 3 dices, then the Slann (thanks to eog, the focused rumination, and Amul) burned 5 thunderers in the unit at the feet of the hill with conflagration of doom.. no shooting but a nice start.

in my turn the two infantry units turned a little, and all the rest got ready for shooting.
a nice guess from the cannon made a single wound on the terradons (hitting two of them.. argh!), then killed 2 saurus. the left Bt missed, but the right one hit the temple guard for 3 deads.
the organ kills 1 sally and a single skink, the anvil hits and kills 2 chamaleons halving their movement) and then the thunderers showed what they can do!
the 5strong unit put 2 wounds on the terradons, another salamander was killed by the second unit, and the third one kills 2 more temple guards.
even if i rolled a couple of ones, seems like the luck was a bit more sweet with me moreover terradons failed the panic check, and run toward the house even if the saurus didn't panic at all..

End of Turn 1 (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/3363378578_86df881215_o.jpg)

TURN 2
terradons failed rally test, and continued fleeing out the table, no charges and the units move further on toward my army.. Saurus made a great mistake turning toward the left side of the sacrificial pit, and skinks units on the left side surrounded my Bt and anvil.
Magic phase: Eog lowered casting cost as always, then Slann killed a cannon crewman and put a wound on the machine(fire bolt) and 2 thunderers on the hill(conflagration). Skink priest bolted the ironbreakers with no wounds.
in the shooting phase the chamaleons killed a Bt servant (lucky enough here!) and the sally spits on the Organ, cannon and BsB. i failed the "look out sir" but she only wounded a crewman (and put another hit on the cannon).

my turn: rolled for the miners, and they came out! i put them in the back of the skinks, ready to charge and break through the skink on the left side, toward chamaleons.
then i prepared the trap with ironbreakers, using the pit to protect their flank, moved a bit the thane, and got ready for firing.
the cannon hits the temple guard (3 wounds, nice!), the organ rolled 10 hits, and killed the last salamander and 2 skinks too, both Bts missed, but the 3 thunderers units took a total of 7 wounds on the kroxy unit.
no panic neither from them or the sally handlers (wow: a 6-strong skink's unit without blowpipes nor shields.. niiceee... :P)
uh, the Anvil tried to let the miners charge, but guess?! 1 rolled, and 4 on the misfire chart means another useless turn (i think the 4th in 7 turns played so far in 2 games.. err..)

End of Turn 2 (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3636/3363379102_46e0ff6217_o.jpg)

TURN 3
the only charge is the last kroxigor to the cannon that hold, all the rest of the army moved a bit, gettin' ready to make some magic danger.
the Eog lowered casting costs again, then the skink got Amul (2 rerolls) and tried a long range bolt to the Bt on the right, but no success.
the Slann Bolted the ironbreakers (2 died) and fried another thunderer oh the hill.
skinks on the left killed 4 miners (no panic), the chamaleons hit and wound twice the Bt crew: the engineer rolled 6 on the AS, and (rulling drums) so did the other crewman. AMAZING! i've decided to repaint those model as first: they deserve it! :)
on the right a crewman died from skinks.
Hth saw a single crewman killed by kroxy, then the one with the big cannon ball in the hand tried to trow it to the giant lizard.
3 to hit, 5 to wound, but shame on him when the kroxi rolled 6 for the AS, it could be funny..
i hold, so my turn again

the BsB lone charged the kroxy, the ironbreakers still didn't charge, the miners instead hit the skinks unit which stand and shoot, the lone thane joined the ironbreakers unit: that's what i call a Trap!
useless anvil and cannon, the organ shooted on the TG: 6 hits, 4 wounds, 3 died; bot bolt trowers shooted to the Eog, one missed and the other put 2 wounds on the stegadon; the 5 thunderers killed another TG, 1 unit shoot to the Eog killing nothing (too high As and toughness), the last unit shoot to the skinks killing 4 (no panic)
during HtH the BsB showed to the world his wonderful rubber-axe, so the last crewman died but i hold, the miners killed 3 skinks loosing 1 model, they fleed, no panic for chamaleons, and neither i could reach them.. oh, gosh, poison is coming :)

End of Turn 3 (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3462/3363379706_962c2fc5ce_o.jpg)

TURN 4
the skinks still failed their rally check, and fleed outside the table; finally the halved Temple Guard hit the ironbreakers, the brave skinks handlers charged the thunderers unit (loosing 2 of them with the stand-shoot reaction, but no panic again).
the Saurus tried to manovre searching a target, and right-skinks move closer the thunderers.
magic phase and the Burning allignement from EoG killed 4 ironbreakers (here we go again, no saves..), another crewman of the right bolt trower fall from the skink magic, and nothing more from the slann.
during shooting phase chamaleon killed 4 miners, and on the left 2 thunderers died too.
HtH: we started from the "cannon war" where finally the Bsb put the last 2 wounds on the kroxigor.
the handlers, then, managed to kill a single thunderer, they killed 3 skinks in response, and the last one fleed and i didn't pursue,as he could not be rallied (under 25%)
my great deploying ability made her hero to be out of combat, the champions then challenged one each other and dice were rolled.
the revered guardian killed my champion (2 hit, 1 wound, i could save it on 4+ and rolled a 1..), but my hero killed 2 Temple guards, while the unit killed 1 more.. i won by 5, but damned stubborn holded.
jobs to do: Kill every single temple guard (2 left)!

my turn: the BsB charge the flank of the TG, and so did the warrior unit, mainly to serve its champion as "dinner" for the Veteran.
miners charged the chamaleon, 2 died, but they passed their panic test.
let's fire now! the organ gunhit 8 times the EoG, 2 hits on the priest, 1 on the skinks, 5 on the stegadon (that's an average random! not the one of last match!!).
i managed to kill the dino, and another skink too.
the 7 thunderers shooted again on the skirmisher unit formed, but just killed 1 skink.
other 2 units killed 3 skinks on the right, and they failed panic! Bts missed both (i really need something to roll less 1) but the anvil managed to hit and kill 1 saurus, so halved their movement too!
during HtH, my warrior champion bravely died (suffering 3 wounds), the BsB couldn't hit anything because the challenge was the only flank combat, then the Thane killed last 2 Temple guards, and all the rest of unit lighted their pipes since Slann was immune to their weapon..
the skink attendand rolled 5 to hit, then 6 to wound, and while i was cold sweating i managed to roll enough for the As.
so, no more stubborn guys, they lost by 6 (3 ranks, 2 wounds, battle standard, flank, unit strenght against 3 wounds) and could not resist!
i pursued with all 3 units, and the warriors managed to get them! whoa!!or, Buya! or whatever..
to the left flank miners killed 3 skinks, they cannot do anything better then flea and i managed to get them!

with just few models left she resigned, we counted Vps and i got a massacre.. that's what i needed for my manhood! ;)

End of Game (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3363380276_bcf64213cc_o.jpg)

i think the opponent really did a mistake using in that way the Saurus, but against a gunline there's quite few things u can do to get advantage when u move just 4 inches..
the game was funny as always and i'm happy the luck turned a little giving a more balanced game when rolling dices.

i think next time i will play another army: no more gunline for a while, possibly a "static Res empire" or a troll list, or the usual gobbo horde if i wouldn't find time to make experiments..
i promise to find a camera too: schemes really need so much time to be done!

comments are welcome, as always,
cheers
-Cortomaltese

Malorian
17-03-2009, 17:51
Why the +1 to hit fliers if you knew you were against lizardmen?

When the lone krox charged cannon and killed 1 crew wouldn't they have needed insane courage to hold? Or did you roll it? And then again against the BSB?

Anyway, good report, and good to see you got your revenge :)

Jormi_Boced
17-03-2009, 18:39
Why the +1 to hit fliers if you knew you were against lizardmen?

When the lone krox charged cannon and killed 1 crew wouldn't they have needed insane courage to hold? Or did you roll it? And then again against the BSB?

Anyway, good report, and good to see you got your revenge :)

Terradons?

Cloak of Feathers?

Malorian
17-03-2009, 18:43
Terradons?

Cloak of Feathers?

Why would you waste a bolt thrower on a terradon?

What LM player is foolish enough to leave a priest with cloak of feathers out in plain site?

The rune that lets you hit on a 2+ would have been much more fitting.

Jormi_Boced
17-03-2009, 18:50
Why would you waste a bolt thrower on a terradon?

What LM player is foolish enough to leave a priest with cloak of feathers out in plain site?

The rune that lets you hit on a 2+ would have been much more fitting.

Well if the terradons are getting in your face and are going to kill the crew you probably want to shoot them.

The Skink Priest probably won't get left out often, but everyonce in a while.

Malorian
17-03-2009, 18:57
Well if the terradons are getting in your face and are going to kill the crew you probably want to shoot them.

The Skink Priest probably won't get left out often, but everyonce in a while.

That's what the organ gun is for ;)

In that rare case where your opponent is being a fool the 2+ is still MUCH better and at only 15 more points and the fact that it has more than just flier hunting abilities I think it's well worth it.

Jormi_Boced
17-03-2009, 19:11
That's what the organ gun is for ;)

In that rare case where your opponent is being a fool the 2+ is still MUCH better and at only 15 more points and the fact that it has more than just flier hunting abilities I think it's well worth it.

Yeah, it is probably points that could be better spent, but he could be going up against that guy with 40 terradons.

Malorian
17-03-2009, 19:15
I think even against a million terradons I wouldn't bother adding that rune to my bolt thrower... actually I wouldn't even be taking bolt throwers in the first place.

To get a little bit back on track here... OP, if you are seriously having problems with terradons then take the master rune of challenge. Just make sure to angle your unit first so that if they hit your unit and flee there is a good chance they are going off the side table edge. If they decide to flee, well then they are out of the game for a while and you need not worry more.

SevenSins
17-03-2009, 19:28
another fin rep, and a notation for the book of grudges fulfilled (if there is such a thing), looking forward to more

Cortomaltese
17-03-2009, 19:32
sorry for late, but Lol, it's awesome to see u debate on this stuff! :)
i put +1 hit flyers rune, cause that's my usually list, i don't mind what opponent i'm going to play against, expecially in those cases: we play quite often, and these're almost the Maximum-friendly-level games, so, don't care too much about the list in general, our goal is having fun! :)

the reason i usually field +1 hit flyers rune:it is a cheap way to get magical blows (i know flaming rune is better :P) which allows to make it a serious threat for dragons, demons or stuff like that, i think it's fairy the same of the 2+ rune, but it's not one use only! (large targets + AB4)..
i usually fear most all those flying models then treeman (the only target on which flaming rune is a little better), and i think it's a good balance between points and utility.. what do u think?!

ghgh, furthermore i completely agree: even against 40 terras there're better things to field!

for other game comments: we completely forgot that the kroxi was US3, so he would win the first combat for causing fear.. shame! stubborn doesn't meand psyco immunity!!
i didn't roll snake eyes at all, so maybe game would go in another way instead..
i also forget mentioning the ironbreakers passed terror test caused by stegadon..

thanks for all your comments again! :)

Malorian
17-03-2009, 19:37
Between treemen, hydras, and all the other regen stuff you see running around, if you are looking for utility I'd go for the rune of burning.

I really love that 2+ to hit rune though. I love my opponent's face when they hide that mage in a forest thinking "well he can't target me with the anvil, I'm out of range of the organ gun, and that bolt thrower will need a 7+ to hit me... ya I'm safe..." and then I pull that rune on them ;)

Or when you just really need that bolt thrower to hit that round.

Glad to hear you were using a all-comers list though :)

Cortomaltese
17-03-2009, 20:42
Or when you just really need that bolt thrower to hit that round.

oh,man, you should start to know me well... my Bt with that rune WILL roll 1 to hit :p:p:p

good guess about the regen stuff: what about the cannon taking the burning rune instead?
since i think it's usually better with "certain" rank penetration, higher strengh, and so on.. what do u prefer between fire cannon and bt?!
i should start a topic on the "army list" section! ;)

Malorian
17-03-2009, 20:50
Depends how good you are at guessing. Personally I'm horrible with my cannons...

NecroMaster
22-03-2009, 06:45
Dropping the Gyrocopter was a good idea and gave you some extra points to play with somewhere else. I go against a dwarf army alot and every time my opponent took one I would instantly target it with a magic missile. To me it's just extra VP's for me in the end. It's a cool model but useless in almost every circumstance. I wouldn't have gone with BT's either. Another organ gun would of sufficed just nicely. Of course I can see the point of a BT seeings how BT's can't misfire, but going up against dwarves now for 10 yrs I can tell you that Organ guns, though they have a shorter range, are much more devistating in the long run...if your luck holds out enough. In the end it sounds like a very exciting battle indeed. Great Report!