PDA

View Full Version : skaven multi charge question

Foegnasher
11-03-2009, 03:02
from a game i played last week

ok here's the set up:

(plague censers)

.........................Cavalry

........................(clanrats)..........(giant rats)

all the bracketed units are chargeing the cav. the clanrats have the front, the giantrats have the flank, and the frenzied a-holes with the flails are in the rear.

the cav FLEES. and gets run down by the clanrats. (he rolled three 2s)

where do the skirmishers end up? back where the giant rats started? or do the persue back up field, they charged full? but which direction?

help help!

Nurgling Chieftain
11-03-2009, 04:44
Move the Cavalry its flee distance from the largest unit (US). Then move all the chargers towards (and possibly through) that position in the order in which their charges were declared. They stop if they hit a friendly unit, etc.

Foegnasher
11-03-2009, 04:46
thank you.

Nurgling Chieftain
11-03-2009, 06:44
Wait, did the cav flee as a charge reaction, or break from HtH? If they fled as a charge reaction, use my post, if they lost combat and broke from HtH, use Fellblade's.

Foegnasher
11-03-2009, 09:06
Wait, did the cav flee as a charge reaction, or break from HtH? If they fled as a charge reaction, use my post, if they lost combat and broke from HtH, use Fellblade's.

they fled when they were being charged at from three different angles.

i only ask because i do this to people.

a lot.

:evilgrin:

Edit
12-03-2009, 00:46
Okay another skaven question that I thought I knew the answer too, but turns out it may just be a local rule.

according to the direwolf FAQ skaven weapon teams are infantry and can enter buildings, does this mean we are -1 to shoot at because of skirmish? I always played as we were not, guess it comes down to wording yet again, man-sized vs infantry (does man-sized= 20-25 mm square base as I have been playing it, or is it under US3?)

Tae
12-03-2009, 04:16
Okay another skaven question that I thought I knew the answer too, but turns out it may just be a local rule.

according to the direwolf FAQ skaven weapon teams are infantry and can enter buildings, does this mean we are -1 to shoot at because of skirmish? I always played as we were not, guess it comes down to wording yet again, man-sized vs infantry (does man-sized= 20-25 mm square base as I have been playing it, or is it under US3?)

Anyone inside a building is at -3 to shoot.

-1 because you are skirmishers (as everyone in a building automatically spreads out to occupy the whole building)

-2 for hard cover (you're IN the building!)

Nurgling Chieftain
12-03-2009, 06:27
Skaven weapon teams are US2 "cavalry" skirmishers and therefore you do not get the -1 to hit them. ("Man-sized" was errata'd to mean US1.)

WLBjork
12-03-2009, 08:11
In the specific case of buildings, it seems everyone gets the skirmisher bonus - see page 97.

Edit
12-03-2009, 13:43
("Man-sized" was errata'd to mean US1.)

that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks

Nurgling Chieftain
12-03-2009, 14:30
I would interpret that passage differently, WLBjork, and go by the "count as skirmishers in hard cover" rather than the "-3" normal result of that. Arguable, though.