Spears

12 Skink Skirmishers (84)
12 Skink Skirmishers (84)

3 Terradon Riders (90)

16 Temple Guard (291)
Full Command

Stegadon (235)
Stegadon (235)

2 Solid blocks of R+F with Engine in between - initially granting ward save.
Flanked by Stegadons and skink skirmisher cohorts.
Terradons available for artillery /skirmisher / lone hero counter.

67 points remaining. Swarm, scroll.. not sure.

Desert Rain
11-03-2009, 11:23
Ir looks like a solid list to me. For the remaining points you could up-grade one stagadon to an ancient or maybe buy a unit of 10 skinks to annoy people with.

garythewargamer
11-03-2009, 13:22
desert rain is correct about the skinks they are a real pain in the rear.

PopeAlexanderVI
11-03-2009, 13:41
Unit of 25 Saurus is superfluous, make is a unit of 18 deployed 6x3. That will get you an extra 84 points.

I'd do the Slann differently, even if your goal is to keep him cheap. Drop Rod of the Storm and instead give him 2 Power Stones/ Bane Head/Tepok. I'd also put the reroll miscast result discipline on him.

Buy 1 more terradon in the unit.

I don't think I like 3 stegadons in a list, I'd drop one and use the points to get something else. Another 6x3 Spear Saurus block maybe, that way you'd have a solid infantry center. You also wouldn't go wrong with a 6x2 Saurus unit and another magic item on the Slann or Priest.

Spirit
11-03-2009, 14:08
Unit of 25 Saurus is superfluous, make is a unit of 18 deployed 6x3. That will get you an extra 84 points.

Agreed, but i use a unti of 20, gives a few more ablative saurus

I'd do the Slann differently, even if your goal is to keep him cheap. Drop Rod of the Storm and instead give him 2 Power Stones/ Bane Head/Tepok. I'd also put the reroll miscast result discipline on him.

agreed on the power stones, you need some more power stones, they are awsome on a slan, 3 power dice for 20 points! much better than a bound power 6. I wouldn't buy another discipline though

Buy 1 more terradon in the unit.

i find 3 do the job nicely, any more and its usually overkill (i kill mages, so 3d3 hits is plenty)

I don't think I like 3 stegadons in a list, I'd drop one and use the points to get something else. Another 6x3 Spear Saurus block maybe, that way you'd have a solid infantry center. You also wouldn't go wrong with a 6x2 Saurus unit and another magic item on the Slann or Priest.

i like stegadons, i say keep them!

My use for the 140 odd points youl have is a skink chief with the stegadon helm. This combination turns a stegadon into a unit killer, which is what you need.

Stegs are good at holding units, but a steg with an average of 19 attacks on the charge, with stubborn LD7 an the bsb near is a MUCH bigger theat.

Edit: If you do lose a stegadon, take 4x kroxigor instead. When they charge put portent of far on them, averages 1 extra hit (so 7 hits) and pretty much guarantees 7 wounds (2+ to wound re rolling 1's) this makes them win combat quite reliably! and if they dont win they will only lose by one or 2, which is an easy pass with the slann and bsb. Kroxigor do some serious damage!

Chakax
11-03-2009, 17:00
I can't take more than 2 of 1 army choice - Carnage rules. So no more skink skirmishers.

I had 3 blocks previously but I feel sitting and waiting for your enemy is going to hurt when I face ranged forces. The extra stegadon gives more more speedy options.

I don't own any kroxigor and only 3 terradons, but I have swarms and cavalry. Perhaps dropping a Stegadon for some cavalry could fill my missing unit!

slingersam
11-03-2009, 20:41
instead of taking a stegadon, you can take a pack of
salamanders, or barbed razordens. They can add a
very nice kick to your army.

Veloxnex
11-03-2009, 21:53
Rod of the Storm
Plaque of Tepok

2 arcane items there unfortunately

LKHERO
11-03-2009, 23:03
Go for Mysteries + Rumination if you want an offensive Slann.

Take the Rod of Storm or 2x Power Stones and you're good to go.

Cortomaltese
11-03-2009, 23:57
truly a nice list, almost the same i usually field..
as people said, the rod is not the best Slann option, and i can add to take a unit of salamanders if u'r planning to sit down and wait for enemies..

their fire can be quite dangerous in middle range, so with spells and skinks can force opponents to come close to you, exactly where your blocks of infantry and steggy are waiting :)