PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen: Sacred Spawnings

Guardian_A
11-03-2009, 14:40
I came across a discussion about the "Sacred Spawnings" over on the Pyrimid Vault. I found it interesting enough that I have taken the time to compile a list of the Spawnings, their colors, and the powers they gain. Feel free to take a look and let me know if I missed anything. I'm still looking for more information about the Xthol Spawning.

http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/sacred-spawnings-t803.html#7463

Stuffburger
11-03-2009, 15:26
The spawning powers are irrelevant to the game now, as they went away with the new LM book. The colorations are still cool to know for theming purposes and painting ideas.

hardygun
11-03-2009, 15:49
You missed a couple of little things.
Quetzl: The Saurus grow spines on their arms.
Itzl: Needed to ride a cold one.

I miss the spawnings. They were a great way to customize our Saurus heroes and lords. :cries:

Guardian_A
11-03-2009, 15:51

I miss the spawnings. They were a great way to customize our Saurus heroes and lords. :cries:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get those fixed in just a minute.

Guardian_A
11-03-2009, 15:55

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get those fixed in just a minute.

@ Stuffburger

Yeah, most of it was in the 6th edition book. But some of it wasnt. I just thought it was an interesting concept that deserved a little attention even if it didnt make it into the 7th edition book. Besides with all of the new people starting to play Lizardmen (New book and models seem to do that) I wanted to give them a reference for that little piece of Lizardmen History.

I plan to use the Sacred Spawnings in friendly games. If I take the time to paint up a couple of Saurus units with the Sacred Spawning colors, it will also make it quicker/easier to identify my units at a glance during play even if I'm not using the abilities associated with the Spawnings.

Gaargod
11-03-2009, 18:25
Only actual evidence in rules of Xhotl spawning is Kroq Gar - gets a 5+ ward save from it, and whoever hurts him takes a S5 hit :). CColouration is not mentioned i think, but certainly Kroq Gar looks normal.

GW introduced a load of new Old Ones in 7th ed too and as there's no more spawning rules, no one knows exactly what effect they would have. Could write up something on them easily enough.

Guardian_A
11-03-2009, 18:56
Only actual evidence in rules of Xhotl spawning is Kroq Gar - gets a 5+ ward save from it, and whoever hurts him takes a S5 hit :). CColouration is not mentioned i think, but certainly Kroq Gar looks normal.

GW introduced a load of new Old Ones in 7th ed too and as there's no more spawning rules, no one knows exactly what effect they would have. Could write up something on them easily enough.

Thats what I'm toying around with right now. I think I'll try to make an "Updated" version of the spawning rules for the current edition when I have a little more time. Thanks for the tip for where to look, I'll look up Kroq Gar later and see if I cant learn something there.