PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts WoC - Help Please

Rookie1986
11-03-2009, 13:56
Hey guys,

I've drawn up two basic lists for a 1000pts battle against a friends VC which we will be having this weekend, here are the two lists:

Warriors of Chaos Army

Chaos Warriors x12 (Command, Shields, Khorne)
Chaos Warriors x12 (Command Shields, Khorne)
Forsaken x10
Chaos Warhounds x10
Chaos Sorcerer x1 (Level 2, Chariot, Tzeentch, Familiar)

PTS = 999

Marauders of Chaos Army

Wulfrik x1
Marauders x15 (Standard, Musician, Shields, Light Armour, Slaanesh)
Marauders x16 (Command, Light Armour, Flails, Slaanesh)
Chaos Warhounds x10
Marauder Horsemen x5 (Light Armour, Flails, Slaanesh)
Marauder Horsemen x5 (Light Armour, Throwing Spears, Slaanesh)
Chaos Sorcerer x1 (Chariot, Tzeentch, Level 2)

PTS = 998

Which do you guys think will work better, and more importantly are there any areas that need attention with the option for possible changes?

Thanks,
R,

akgaroth
11-03-2009, 21:53
Ehh, I would go with the first list. Your forsakens and hounds are deployed in 2 units of 5 each, aren't they?
I think you should consider the option to take 2 spawns (with or without mark) instead of forsakens; they're unbreakable, cheaper and with T5, and against VC troops that may really help. You know if your friend has any kind of cavalry?

Rookie1986
12-03-2009, 04:53
Ehh, I would go with the first list. Your forsakens and hounds are deployed in 2 units of 5 each, aren't they?
I think you should consider the option to take 2 spawns (with or without mark) instead of forsakens; they're unbreakable, cheaper and with T5, and against VC troops that may really help. You know if your friend has any kind of cavalry?

My Friend has something like 40 Skelly's, 20 Zombies, 10 Grave Guard, 10 Dire Wolves, 10 Crypt Ghouls, 1 Corpse Cart, 2 Bat Swarms, 1 Varghulf, 1 Black Coach and is likely to field Mannfred or Konrad as his general, I'm not sure on points values and he could have bought more stuff then I can remember from the last time we battled but I would expect his list to be compiled from the above, he has no blood knights as he thinks the price tag is a joke when I get to pay 12 for my knights :D

akgaroth
12-03-2009, 19:39
Humm, so almost sure that he has no cavalry. I still think that in this case you should use your CW list; marauders are cheaper but its unlikely that they'll end up quickly a draining battle against VC infantry.

popisdead
17-03-2009, 21:43
Marauders should be 20+ and MoS to avoid fear.

A lvl 1 mage in a chariot won't accomplish much.