PDA

View Full Version : emporer class titan building/purchasing?

tacoo
11-03-2009, 20:03
With the rules for it out, anyone know how i could go about buying one or building it myself? I would like to build it as cheap as possible, so I might see if i can find a small castle , maybe buy a transformer or something with really big guns, then just build the legs out of cups filled with somthing to make them not bend. About how big should the titan be?

sigur
11-03-2009, 20:15
Welcome to Warseer, please watch your typing when posting here. There really is no need (and no understanding from many users) for any kind of "txt speek" or stuff like that in posts. This is a messageboard, no chatroom. If you are not sure how to write "big", "Emperor" or "maybe", try google or the spell checker tool.

I definately would not suggest to try to build such a thing "on the cheap". What good is a model if it looks like Greyskull on legs? Especially if it's a huge (Emperor titans are very, very big) and very much a showcase thing. If you just want to use it in your games to kill lots of smaller enemy models dead I suggest you rather use a big sheet of paper with "EMPORER" written on it as a stand-in. ;) Sorry but this is one of those things that are rather impossible to do cheap and quick.

tacoo
11-03-2009, 20:22
Wow I just realised how horrible i destroyed my message. sorry. and it wont bequick, i just want to get some sort of basis down and start to build off it. just like a quick base and just expand as the year goes on.

woodenpickles
11-03-2009, 20:35
A guy one Belloflostsouls built one. It looks really nice. Read his post.

BigBadBull
11-03-2009, 20:55
The guy lives in Bavaria. You will need some COD kits to get the proper look.

cuda1179
12-03-2009, 01:40
You could always "update" the look to have more angles and less cathedral. That is what I am planning on doing so it fits in with my Mk III warlord titan I built a couple years ago. My Warlord is 20 inches tall, so without all the spires of the castle I think my Emperor will be about 30 inches tall. This is what I am using for inspiration.

Koryphaus
12-03-2009, 02:16
I recommend using PVC piping (which can be bought from any hardware shop) as a skeleton, then build up the outside using plasticard and COD kits.